The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hassy on the way?

vsbhk

What's required to obtain Bluetooth certification? Do you have to submit a fully working version of the device?
"One of the core responsibilities of the Bluetooth SIG is to help member companies ensure their Bluetooth products properly comply with the Bluetooth Patent & Copyright License Agreement and the Bluetooth Trademark License Agreement (collectively, the Bluetooth License Agreement). This promotes global product interoperability and reinforces the strength of the Bluetooth® brand to the benefit of all SIG members.

The Bluetooth SIG manages this responsibility through the Bluetooth Qualification Process. You must complete this process for any product to which you would like the Bluetooth License Agreements applied."

etto72

The new Fuji reveal shows very well why, IMO, there will not be a new X1D any time soon. Heat issues will dictate an all new body if they go to 100 mp. Some of you may remember this was an issue with the very first X1D’s...

I’m waiting for H to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but i’m not holding my breath.
Not sure about that.
The 50mp sensor its old tech, Early 2014 !!
The new 100mp sensor is way more efficient.

The GFX -100 comes with an image stabilization system, and if you consider the size of the original GFX50 body, you shouldn't be wondering why its so big.

E

vieri

Perhaps we can hope for a March announcement, and availability after summer. That wouldn't be too bad :)

Best regards,

Vieri

tcdeveau

Perhaps we can hope for a March announcement, and availability after summer. That wouldn't be too bad :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Several of the latest body announcements from Hasselblad (H5D-50c, H6D, X1D, etc) over the past few years have been in the March-June time frame so I think that's reasonable from an announcement standpoint.

From an availability standpoint though......I wouldn't hold my breath. So far with the X-system, there have been long delays between announcement and general availability, which is something I wish HB would work towards improving. The latest X products, the 65/80/135mm, are still just barely trickling out after orders opened up 5 months ago (and the initial announcements were long before Sept preorders opened).

I hope for an announcement and availability soon but won't be an early adopter myself, and will just be watching from the sidelines :watch::watch::watch:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Wonder how HB can absorb the lost revenue of having NOTHING to sell for 90 days ?

But the new CEO is a production and logistics expert ?

hcubell

Wonder how HB can absorb the lost revenue of having NOTHING to sell for 90 days ?

But the new CEO is a production and logistics expert ?
Well, it’s better to have “nothing” to sell than to have incurred the production costs of manufacturing much to sell that you will never be able to sell.
It’s also not true that they have “nothing” to sell. There is very significant demand for the new lenses...the 65, the 80 and the 135...and they are apparently selling as fast as they can make them(which isn’t very fast).
It’s way too early to see how this will all play out. We have no idea what is forthcoming from Hasselblad in the way of a new camera body (or bodies).be patient. Fuji apparently decided that pre-announcing the GFX 100S 9 months in advance of actual sales wouldn’t compromise the sales of the 50S and 50R in the meantime. Having looked at the size and design of the 100S and its very different price point, I understand why Fuji reached that conclusion.

Paratom

For me it doesnt come down if they will announce 4 weeks earlier or later, or what they sell the next 3 months (I have just ordered a 21mm which I will receive the next days) - for me the important point would be that the x1dII will be a good camera. Until then the x1d works the same way like it did the last few months, with its strong sides and some weaker sides (start up, blackout).

vieri

I hope for an announcement and availability soon but won't be an early adopter myself, and will just be watching from the sidelines :watch::watch::watch:
I generally tend to be with you on this one - not being an early adopter. However, in my experience generation II cameras tend to be much less risky to trust than gen. I, companies - some more than others - tend to learn from their mistakes and - some more than others - they listen to user input, so I wouldn't be too worried to jump in. More so if this will be a X1D Mark II with the same sensor but better everything else, but probably just as well if this will be a 100 Mp camera in the same body.

For me it doesnt come down if they will announce 4 weeks earlier or later, or what they sell the next 3 months (I have just ordered a 21mm which I will receive the next days) - for me the important point would be that the x1dII will be a good camera. Until then the x1d works the same way like it did the last few months, with its strong sides and some weaker sides (start up, blackout).
Agreed. Too many people seem to think (or act like) their current cameras will suddenly stop working when a new model is announced, but I think statistically the probability of such an event is close to zero :ROTFL:

Best regards,

Vieri

vjbelle

I can't imagine, nor will it be possible to have a 100mp chip in the same X1D body. Anyone thinking that is just dreaming..... but if you dream long enough it will come true:eek: . Fuji has to have a larger body, as will anyone else, because of heat dissipation and battery usage. It's just the way it is right now.

In the end I think that only the big players will survive in this market.... it takes money and lots of it to develop a camera for such a limited audience.

Victor

tcdeveau

I generally tend to be with you on this one - not being an early adopter. However, in my experience generation II cameras tend to be much less risky to trust than gen. I, companies - some more than others - tend to learn from their mistakes and - some more than others - they listen to user input, so I wouldn't be too worried to jump in. More so if this will be a X1D Mark II with the same sensor but better everything else, but probably just as well if this will be a 100 Mp camera in the same body.

Vieri
I agree with you here as well, however, what I'm thinking about as well is the price drops that happened on the retailer side within the first year. My desire to not be an early adopter also stems from my desire to not pay full retail at launch. I will probably be waiting for one on the second hand market if and when I update, but my plan is to just keep using the X1D for as long as possible for the time being.

vieri

I can't imagine, nor will it be possible to have a 100mp chip in the same X1D body. Anyone thinking that is just dreaming..... but if you dream long enough it will come true:eek: . Fuji has to have a larger body, as will anyone else, because of heat dissipation and battery usage. It's just the way it is right now.

In the end I think that only the big players will survive in this market.... it takes money and lots of it to develop a camera for such a limited audience.

Victor
Fuji needs a bigger body first and foremost because they have IBIS, which takes a lot of space. Plus, if you look at the design of both GFX, it is clear that the cameras might be amazing tools but they won't win any beauty context, so to speak (the original GFX is severely "beauty challenged", not to say that it is plain ugly). What I mean is, Fuji never seemed to privilege form over function in their MF line before, and I am sure they didn't have "making it as small as possible" as their priority goal with the 100 Mp GFX either. Hasselblad went the other way, creating a new system around a beautiful design concept with all the limitations this created them in terms of heat and processing power (remember the overheating that disappeared via FW?). Last, I don't know the heat datas of the 50 MP vs 100 MP sensor, and while you might right on that one, I won't comment: the only thing I know for sure is that technology improves with every iteration and I don't see the new Phase backs with 150 Mp being bigger that the older ones with 50 Mp, on the contrary, so yes, I will keep my hopes up for now, if you don't mind :)

Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

I agree with you here as well, however, what I'm thinking about as well is the price drops that happened on the retailer side within the first year. My desire to not be an early adopter also stems from my desire to not pay full retail at launch. I will probably be waiting for one on the second hand market if and when I update, but my plan is to just keep using the X1D for as long as possible for the time being.
I certainly can't fault you on this one :)

Best regards,

Vieri

tcdeveau

Victor
I was under the impression based on some of the interviews with Fuji reps that the much of the larger body of the GFX100 and battery usage thereof was a by-product of IBIS, not solely the sensor?

I was under the impression based on some of the interviews with Fuji reps that the much of the larger body of the GFX100 and battery usage thereof was a by-product of IBIS, not solely the sensor?
That would make sense. When Fuji added IBIS, it went to the XH1 body, which is larger than the XT2 body.

tcdeveau

In other news, the Hasselblad Store (USA) now has the option to purchase the 65/80/135mm XCD again, instead of simply saying "out of stock". Delivery estimated end of march.

hcubell

Speaking of new Hassys on the way, I just received a tracking number from Hasselblad US that the 135mm + TC that I ordered has shipped out and will be delivered to me on Monday. It’s been a long wait, but the early reports are that the lens and the TC are spectacular. Patience has its virtues.

hcubell

Victor
Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised (or disappointed!) if Hasselblad pulls it off. I can’t wait to see the reactions. :watch:

vjbelle

If Hassy can pull that off then my hats off to them:thumbup: Maybe Fuji will have two iterations of the 100 - one with IBIS and one without in a much smaller body. Who knows.....

Victor