The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Skin Tone question with Hasselblad H6D

Greg Haag

I have owned the H6D for several months now, and prior the that the H4D and before that the H2d. One of the things I have loved about the Hasselblad is the beautiful skin tones, but they are just not as good on the H6D as my H4d (which I kept as a backup). Nothing has changed in my processing other than an updated version of Phocus, I am unsure if it is something I am doing or what is going on. If anyone can shed light on this I would love to hear from you.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

dave.gt

I have owned the H6D for several months now, and prior the that the H4D and before that the H2d. One of the things I have loved about the Hasselblad is the beautiful skin tones, but they are just not as good on the H6D as my H4d (which I kept as a backup). Nothing has changed in my processing other than an updated version of Phocus, I am unsure if it is something I am doing or what is going on. If anyone can shed light on this I would love to hear from you.
Thanks in advance,
Greg
Hi, Greg,

Can you post some images for comparison? Thanks.:)

Charles S

Thanks in advance,
Greg
CCD vs CMOS ?

Boinger

Thanks in advance,
Greg
Well just off the top of my head I am guessing that your H4d had a ccd sensor?

The H6d is a cmos sensor. I know some people debate whether or not there is a difference but I do see a difference to my eyes.

Greg Haag

Well just off the top of my head I am guessing that your H4d had a ccd sensor?

The H6d is a cmos sensor. I know some people debate whether or not there is a difference but I do see a difference to my eyes.
Thank you for your feedback, you are correct, the H4D does have a ccd sensor.