The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ 4150 Powersharing Update?

Anybody hear when we’re due to have power sharing and charging via USB or other port? Is it already enabled and I’m ill informed? I’m blowing through batteries over here...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I picked up my IQ4-150 a couple of days ago and my dealer said there would be updates in April and probably in June. But what gets updated when wasn't very clear!

And no, power sharing is not yet integrated.

Paul2660

Just hope that P1 understands the need to implement power sharing for the IQ4 and it's not a future promise that doesn't actually materialize.

The need is not to charge the XF, it's the need to let the XF battery help run the IQ4 as the XF needs almost no power. I am not an owner of the IQ4, but fully understand the importance of the power sharing feature. It's a huge advantage in the field. Sure you can carry around a bunch of batteries, but I found the power sharing to be a very good feature, and it really did work well.

I also hope that P1 can adjust the IQ4 firmware so allow the back to see the full charge potential of the battery as it seems many are reporting that the back is showing low charge, (less than 5%) when there is still a full 30% left in the battery.

Paul C

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm pretty confident Phase will address the issue - my dealer was quite apologetic and equally insistent that power sharing will return.

And yes, I took out a battery when the back said it was down to 5% but when I put it on the charger it showed over 30%!

drunkenspyder

I'm pretty confident Phase will address the issue - my dealer was quite apologetic and equally insistent that power sharing will return.

And yes, I took out a battery when the back said it was down to 5% but when I put it on the charger it showed over 30%!
Ditto. I took out one battery reported at 10%, with a refusal to deliver LV any more, but the Watson charger showed it at 50%. I don't mind carrying batteries, but shutting down functionality due to incorrect battery percentage is a bit of a PITA.

Interesting, my back shut down this past weekend during a shoot. Was shooting in a space with floor to ceiling windows, and 10 minutes in the late day sun shut it down. No live view or anything, regular tethered shooting. It was sub 30 degrees F outside and 68 in the interior. Kind of surprising really.

Started back up, but I had someone stand and block the sun.

RLB

Many of us have older batteries as well as new ones. Over the years the Li batteries loose capacity to take a full charge. Undoubtably, we need power share and POE implemented soon, but until then make sure you have you have good batteries and they are fully charged. I wish like Canon there was a menu that showed the battery charge potential on the XF and kept track of battery serial numbers.

When I get new batteries I always make the month and year they were added to our arsenal, that way we know that if its more than 3 years old its prob not going to last long even after a full charge.

Robert