The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stolen

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Horrid. Condolences and best wishes to you and your family!

As I understand it, we have the serial numbers of any equipment we sell; maybe your dealer does as well? Or in the very least itemized receipts for insurance claims.

I had a camera stolen from me once; horrible horrible feeling easily as bad or worse than the monetary value. Truly my heart goes out to you.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Why does this happen to such a talented photographer as you, Dan? My condolences - especially for the personal assault you must feel.
Bill

(Not to make you feel any better, but two days ago i picked up my new IQ4-150 but refused to leave it in my hotel room as the safe looked too flimsy and wasn't bolted to the wall. I carried the back and body everywhere I went for the next 48 hours - restaurants, washrooms, taxi cabs...until I got home.)

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
This happened to me once and it makes one sick; every time I hear about it happening to somebody else the same feelings come back. So sorry.
tim

algrove

So so sorry, Dan.

Seems to me they knew you had a safe either from someone who works (ed) for you or a worker who had seen it recently.

Any security camera footage you can use?

Best of luck in recovery efforts.

etrump

So sorry to hear this Dan. Hopefully this terrible experience will soon he a bad memory.

A terrible experience - even if insured it must feel traumatic. It’s 45 years since I had such an experience, and I still recall it with feelings of distress.

I hope your theory is correct and ignorant thieves will abandon the gear - or will try to pawn it so the police have a good chance for retrieval.

Kirk

Knorp

A nightmare for sure and I know the experience and distress (still) all too well, but first of all take care of your family.

All the very best.

pegelli

Dan, all the best for you and your family to overcome this intrusion into your house. I know that is a very stressful experience.

And for sure I hope they find the burglars and that you get your equipment back (+all the other stuff that was stolen)

danlindberg

Again I would like to thank you all.

I have found three serial numbers through old emails, I have added those in the first post. I will add more as I get them.

k-hawinkler

So so sorry, Dan.

Seems to me they knew you had a safe either from someone who works (ed) for you or a worker who had seen it recently.

Any security camera footage you can use?

Best of luck in recovery efforts.

Thanks Lou. The timing of the theft (when the owners were absent for one night) seems very suspicious, no?