The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stolen

danlindberg

We got home two hours ago from a night away. Unfortunately we came home to a home in chaos! All doors and windows open, everything a complete mess inside. The big safe with my most valuable cameras gone. The police has just left and tomorrow I need to make a complete list of what is missing and go down to the station and make the paperwork. Damn.
I had the list of serial numbers in the safe for the simple reason that I could never dream that the actual safe would be removed - if anything would happen it would be out in the wild, on travels.

Now, it is most probable that when the bastards open up the safe and find my daughters savings, but no more in cash, they will just throw away the camera stuff. They will have no clue what it is! How sad is that!

I am hoping that I was clever enough to save the document with serial numbers on an older harddrive, but for now, this I know for certain was inside:

• Alpa Max body [serial 0101516]
• Rodenstock, Alpagon 32 HR (FPS mount) [serial 12097054]
• Schneider, Helvetar 75 (FPS mount) [serial 14986212]
• Schneider 120 N
• Zeiss Cfe 40 IF
• Leaf Credo 60 [serial LH001034]
• Leaf Aptus II 5

All gone. My lifeline and passion. I am having a single malt.

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
We got home two hours ago from a night away. Unfortunately we came home to a home in chaos! All doors and windows open, everything a complete mess inside. The big safe with my most valuable cameras gone. The police has just left and tomorrow I need to make a complete list of what is missing and go down to the station and make the paperwork. Damn.
I had the list of serial numbers in the safe for the simple reason that I could never dream that the actual safe would be removed - if anything would happen it would be out in the wild, on travels.

Now, it is most probable that when the bastards open up the safe and find my daughters savings, but no more in cash, they will just throw away the camera stuff. They will have no clue what it is! How sad is that!

I am hoping that I was clever enough to save the document with serial numbers on an older harddrive, but for now, this I know for certain was inside:

• Alpa Max body
• Rodenstock, Alpagon 32 HR (FPS mount)
• Schneider, Helvetar 75 (FPS mount)
• Schneider 120 N
• Zeiss Cfe 40 IF
• Leaf Credo 60
• Leaf Aptus II 5

All gone. My lifeline and passion. I am having a single malt.
I am so so so sorry to hear that. Terrible luck. Really awful. I hope they catch the bastards.

D&A

My heart goes out to you, not only for your loses but for also having to deal with this mess and the violation one feels when such occurrences happen. I do hope some form of recovery in all areas happens within a reasonable period of time. Happened to my parents many years ago when I was a child and its impact was felt for the longest time.

Dave (D&A)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Dan and family

I am so sorry to hear that . It surely is a big drama for the whole family . I do hope that you have an insurence which will at least cover the loss of valuables and the damage to the interior .
The psychological harm is so much more serious . I wish you all much strength . Jürgen .

onasj

Best wishes to you and your family during a difficult time, Dan. At least you and yours are safe. Do you speculate that the robbers were after your gear or any other particular valuables in the house? Or was it a truly random robbery?

I hope the recovery occurs smoothly.

jng

This is terrible to hear! I hope you recover your possessions and overcome the trauma of the event. Glad to know that you are safe!

John

TheDude

...The big safe with my most valuable cameras gone.....
Very sorry to read. Did this happen in Spain?
Let's hope that they will do something stupid like try to sell such specialized gear at eBay or similar.
Construction worker(s) took my camera bag with camera gear and went to the next pawn shop not knowing that they register collaterals with the police. The person who pawned it got one year in the local jail. $5000 plus gear was pawned for $400 (if my recollection is correct).
MN

danlindberg

Thank you, much appreciated to feel your support!!

My unprofessional speculation is that it had nothing to do with highend camera gear. Reason being that next to the safe I have lots and lots of accesories that is all still there. I had the Alpa TC, Alpa Gon, Tripod 75, Sony 7R, Loxia 21+50 all out in the open and it is still there. My macbook still there, as is ipads and other laptops.
They stole all my wifes jewelry and ripped out the whole damn safe thinking it had money in it, that's my best guess. It is just so unlucky I keep my valuable gear in there since it is actually probably I would still have it all if it sat nicely on the diningtable. I am actually kicking myself that I in the last minute before we left saw my Rodie 32 on the shelf and being a good boy, opened the safe and put it there instead.....

I am also an audiofile and have a quite serious setup, but this is totally untouched.

We live in a gated community and have been here for the past 6 years. Not a single breakin, anywhere, so that makes you think as well.

Sooooooooooooooooo unneccesary and makes huge problems. I simply don't have the capacity to just go out and replace it! New day tomorrow, I will overcome it, but I am not holding my breath that this will be recovered.

JohnBrew

Dan, first of all my sincere condolences. I know what it feels like to be robbed and suddenly all your vulnerabilities are exposed. Not a nice feeling.
I would also ask in which country this happened. Just curious.
Well, the whole thing just sucks and you are probably correct about your equipment - it is probably in a rubbish bin somewhere or with a fence.
Will cross my fingers for you and lets all hope a minor miracle happens and the gear is recovered intact. And that the perps get their privates cut off in some offensive manner.
Oh, and make that drink a double.
John

dwood

So very sorry to hear about this, Dan! It must be a terrible feeling to have your home invaded, and it's just awful that your camera gear was taken! Thankfully, it sounds like you and your family are unharmed, which is great news indeed. All the best to you and your family, and I hope the people that did this are brought to justice.

-Doug

Smoothjazz

So sorry to hear- but a word of encouragement; you have a Sony A7r as a starting point, and an Alpa TC. Phase digital backs have come down in price a great deal...time for a fresh start?
As an aside; how does one keep your gear safe, if the entire safe can be taken? I hide some gear in a secret compartment, which I doubt anyone would look into, I hope.

Orley

Very Sorry Dan! From experience I know how you and your wife feel. it will take time but eventually you will feel safe in your home again.

Very sad to think about the disposition of your gear. From our experience, the rats took the jewelry to pawn shops a hundred miles away within hours. The cops said they don't want anything with serial numbers on it, like guns, electronics ect.

Please keep us informed as you sort out how you are treated by your insurance company. There are good folks on this forum who love you and value your contribution that would put some cash in a fund so you can get back to shooting. Prayers and best wishes.