The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where can I repair my hasselblad HC lens ? Autofocus problem

pedrolipi

Hello everyone,

I have a HCD Hasselblad lens, and the autofocus seem faulty. I am looking for the cheapest place to send it for repair. I am in France, but can send it over.

Anyone knows where ?

Cheers !

Jean

tcdeveau

AFAIK it has to go to Hasselblad to be serviced but I'm sure others will chime in if there are other options.

I had an autofocus issue with my 35-90mm HCD a few years ago (AF stopped worked), and it turned out only Hasselblad could service it. I think it cost around $400 USD. They used to have service prices listed on their website somewhere but I'm not sure if they still do or not.

Good luck and hope your lens gets back to normal soon!

Mr.Gale

I had the autofocus quit on my HC 100mm. Like you, I looked for someplace other than Hasselblad but, as it turns out Hasselblad will not sell parts to third-party repair shops. For me, the good news was I have insurance on all my cameras. The cost to fix it was $780 (OUCH!).

Mr.G

fotophil

I had the autofocus quit on my HC 100mm. Like you, I looked for someplace other than Hasselblad but, as it turns out Hasselblad will not sell parts to third-party repair shops. For me, the good news was I have insurance on all my cameras. The cost to fix it was $780 (OUCH!).

Is your camera insurance part of a home owners policy or a dedicated camera policy? I like the idea that it covers breakage in addition to the usual thief stuff.

Mr.Gale

It is a separate policy on my cameras and it covers against any accidental loss even fixing this lens after I dropped it. The good news is the policy doesn't cost that much and there is no deductible.

Mr.G

citizin

AFAIK it has to go to Hasselblad to be serviced but I'm sure others will chime in if there are other options.

I had an autofocus issue with my 35-90mm HCD a few years ago (AF stopped worked), and it turned out only Hasselblad could service it. I think it cost around $400 USD. They used to have service prices listed on their website somewhere but I'm not sure if they still do or not.

Good luck and hope your lens gets back to normal soon!
I second this, mine just came back last month and it was ~$400usd to repair.

pedrolipi

I second this, mine just came back last month and it was ~$400usd to repair.
Perfect ! Thank you guys, I will go see a certified dealer in Paris. Apparently because the lens has only 980 actuations it's under warranty (less than 100 000 actuations) so let's pray it's free.

Cheers :)