The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX100 and Actus

vjbelle

From what I have seen so far from the mockups on youtube I don't believe the 100 will be usable on the Actus in Landscape orientation. Portrait should be just fine but the maximum clearance for full 'rise' is about 1 7/16 inches. There is certainly much more camera below the mount than 1 7/16 inches. Cambo will have to make a new rear mount and maybe even new lens panels as the second indentation on the current len panels won't bring the lens up far enough to match the rear standard when that standard is in the '0' position.

This is assuming that the current mockup is used for final delivery. If the battery compartment on the bottom was eliminated everything would be fine as it is. I would love to be proven wrong about my predictions.

If this turns out to be the case then I would probably not be a candidate for purchase.

Victor

vjbelle

I think/know that the camera height increase for the GFX100 (due to increase below the lens mount) can be overcome to some extent. I just don't know what the final camera dimensions will be. 10mm worth of height is gained by using the bottom mount point on the lens panel. To compensate for that the rear standard is raised upward (fall) by the same amount. That allows for a lot more room for rise which is my most used movement. To get full 'fall' movements the front lens panel just needs to be lowered to the upper mount point and the rear standard lowered (rise) by the same amount. If full 'fall' movements would be needed then they would now be available. This all applies to the camera in landscape position.

I am, once again, very enthused.......:thumbs:

Hope this is helpful to anyone who is contemplating using the new GFX with an Actus.

Victor

tcdeveau

I'd also expect, over time, we'll see more than one body type of 100mp GFX cameras than just the current prototype being shown around

vjbelle

Yes.... I agree. I still think that the extra vertical height is due to power concerns vs. IBIS. IBIS is found in much smaller cameras and it doesn't contribute to their physical expansion. Regardless I am still very enthused about the upcoming camera and its compatibility with the Actus.

Victor

PeterA

If there was enough demand for a so called 'tech camera' mount - Fuji would just rollout the box version of the camera they call th emodular version...they have already demonstrated this live in one of their recent events. OR one could just stick with the existing digital manufacturers.