The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official Phase One IQ4 150 Firmware 1.03.26 Details from CI

Steve Hendrix

As a result of our communications with Phase One last week that provided some clarity on the information release from the beta version of the firmware, we halted further communications on the topic, honoring Phase One's request and with the knowledge that the release was only days away.

So without further ado, below is an official dispatch that covers the scope of the new IQ4 150 firmware in its entirety. This is now live.

https://captureintegration.com/iq4-150-firmware-1-03-26-released/

Thanks,
Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul2660

Steve a couple of questions, in the Issues part of your blog:

1. Preview Rotation is not yet available.
Does this mean if you shoot vertical with the back, the preview will still be horizontal? What about Live View with the back vertical.

2. Bulb & Time exposures must be controlled from the XF Camera Body.
If working with the ES only on a tech camera, can you not use the ES on a 1" to say 30 second exposure?

3.With ES enabled on XF body:
– EXIF data does not report focal length (of zooms)

Does Phase One, even know about this? I am still surprised that this issue was even present at first ship. Crazy that 's still an issue this
far into launch and now will require yet an additional firmware update. Does this point to an issue with existing Schneider lenses Blue Ring
or not Blue ring, i.e. lens will now require a firmware update which mean, lens will have to be shipped to dealer?

In addition, did P1 mention if and when an adhoc network connection will be enabled which will allow Capture Pilot to be used with the IQ4 in the field? Just hoping that the capability of this is really enabled in the back and an EC (engineering change) will be no be required.

Thanks
Paul C

narikin

Very slow firmware update. Be aware...

I've done this many many times, on Phase and other cameras, but this is easily the slowest and longest one ever.
Took 12-15 minutes to complete, including a long period when nothing appears to be happening at all. Just wait. it will come back to life.

Some useful improvements, but still no 'ready' beep for exposure complete. wtf? How hard is it to carry over the basic functions the IQ3 had?

Steve Hendrix

Steve a couple of questions, in the Issues part of your blog:

1. Preview Rotation is not yet available.
Does this mean if you shoot vertical with the back, the preview will still be horizontal? What about Live View with the back vertical.

2. Bulb & Time exposures must be controlled from the XF Camera Body.
If working with the ES only on a tech camera, can you not use the ES on a 1" to say 30 second exposure?

3.With ES enabled on XF body:
– EXIF data does not report focal length (of zooms)

Does Phase One, even know about this? I am still surprised that this issue was even present at first ship. Crazy that 's still an issue this
far into launch and now will require yet an additional firmware update. Does this point to an issue with existing Schneider lenses Blue Ring
or not Blue ring, i.e. lens will now require a firmware update which mean, lens will have to be shipped to dealer?

In addition, did P1 mention if and when an adhoc network connection will be enabled which will allow Capture Pilot to be used with the IQ4 in the field? Just hoping that the capability of this is really enabled in the back and an EC (engineering change) will be no be required.

Thanks
Paul C

In live view, you're going to see what the sensor is seeing. So from that standpoint, there is no rotation issue for live view.

In ES mode, you can set any specific shutter speed you like. And you can engage B/T mode from the XF menu on the digital back, however, it will remember the last setting from the camera top menu (whether you were using B or whether you were using T).

regarding the zoom lenses not reading out exif data, I don't know if this was in the notes to us for the firmware, or whether Brad or someone else had reported this previously. There is and has been an extensive spreadsheet that Brad has compiled from the beginning for sharing with Phase One.

We're told Ad Hoc will be there, but communicated or even projected dates for features have not been a strong suit of the IQ4 150 firmware process so far.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul2660

What about playback rotation?

If shot vertical will image playback vertical or horizontal?

I thought currently if shot vertical it played back vertical.

I was one of ones who reported the inability of the back to record zoom lens focal length.

Paul C

Steve Hendrix

What about playback rotation?

If shot vertical will image playback vertical or horizontal?

I thought currently if shot vertical it played back vertical.

I was one of ones who reported the inability of the back to record zoom lens focal length.

Paul C

Playback rotation is not resolved at this point in time. Not an issue in Live View.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Craig Stocks

While I'm glad to see a few fixes finally come along I am disappointed in Phase One's speed to release basic features in FW updates. That tells me either the programming work is very very difficult or they aren't feeling a particular sense of urgency to get it done quickly. I'm afraid I strongly suspect the latter. I've done enough programming to have a feeling that this release represents about a week's worth of work, not three months.

Steve Hendrix

Is it now possible to finally use the IQ3 and IQ4 on the SAME XF ?

The primary issue we saw with IQ3 + XF with the IQ4 firmware was long exposures past 1 second. This seems to be resolved now in our testing. I would proceed cautiously, but so far, old issues seem resolved, and we've not found any new issues.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Christopher

Just did the firmware update. Works fine and was quite fast. The added functions are great.

However, I expected this update months ago... This is a sad update for 3 months of working on it... Still so much stuff missing which was normal for a IQ3 user... (Heat map, level screen, vibration, temperature, still NO adhoc Wifi... grid super limited... I could go on and I'm not even talking about such simple things than a rdy beeb... Or all the promised great things every stupid webinar is talking about....

Phase can be happy, that I can work with the back and it delivers great images, however, everything else is kinda embarrassing. Now don't start e again with everything had to be done from scratch that might be true, but only shows very bad time management and planing in a company.

This all sounds negative, but I think it's just what it currently is...

Paul2660

Playback rotation is not resolved at this point in time. Not an issue in Live View.

Steve Hendrix/CI
I guess it’s safe to assume it will be fixed in a future update? That’s pretty basic requirements i.e. playback 101.

Coming from someone who shoot 65 to 70 vertical.

Paul C

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I installed this morning with no issues at all. My only complaint is that when zooming to 100% image on the back, it takes a few moments to snap into focus - certainly slower than the IQ3.

I've yet to take enough shots to see if the power sharing works but I'm pretty sure it will. The Live View gain is excellent.

Ztacir

I have only tech camera with me at the moment and it seems like I can not update the new firmware to my IQ4 without the XF body, is that correct?
I would really appreciate your answers.
Best
Ziya

Steve Hendrix

I have only tech camera with me at the moment and it seems like I can not update the new firmware to my IQ4 without the XF body, is that correct?
I would really appreciate your answers.
Best
Ziya

Ziya, is this with the 1.03.26 version? Does not require the XF.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul2660

Just did the firmware update. Works fine and was quite fast. The added functions are great.

However, I expected this update months ago... This is a sad update for 3 months of working on it... Still so much stuff missing which was normal for a IQ3 user... (Heat map, level screen, vibration, temperature, still NO adhoc Wifi... grid super limited... I could go on and I'm not even talking about such simple things than a rdy beeb... Or all the promised great things every stupid webinar is talking about....

Phase can be happy, that I can work with the back and it delivers great images, however, everything else is kinda embarrassing. Now don't start e again with everything had to be done from scratch that might be true, but only shows very bad time management and planing in a company.

This all sounds negative, but I think it's just what it currently is...
No heat map has always been a question for me. It's a feature that I feel will be even more appreciated as the IQ4 seems considerably warmer to me in ambient temps of 30 to 65 degrees F, I still wonder what happens in 100% humidity and 100 degree heat?

Paul C

Steve Hendrix

No heat map has always been a question for me. It's a feature that I feel will be even more appreciated as the IQ4 seems considerably warmer to me in ambient temps of 30 to 65 degrees F, I still wonder what happens in 100% humidity and 100 degree heat?

Paul C

Paul, the temp gauge, if that's what you mean, is found by swiping down from the top (then you must scroll up a bit, as it is offscreen). It's been there in the previous firmware versions.

Steve Hendrix/CI