Size:	659.0 KB 
ID:	140474

The images it produced:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Last Ride getDPI.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	875.6 KB 
ID:	140473

Beware all ye who give up their souls for the shiny baubles that have no soul in themselves.
    Last edited by dave.gt; 26th March 2019 at 05:59.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad Heaven

I still have my 500CM and four lenses, although I sold the SWC back to the guy I bought it from.

Every time I think about the possibility of selling the 500CM, my heart skips a beat. So now I'm working on adapting an Instax SQ film processing unit to the Hasselblad back locking mechanism ...

G
    Last edited by Godfrey; 26th March 2019 at 08:10.
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After my 503CW "disappeared" in the photo bag of my wife, I rewarded myself with a (near brand new) 203FE and two
    FE lenses (50 and 110). So now i can "borrow" some of my CF/CFE lenses from time to time BUT the 503 CW seems
    permanently gone.

But one thing is clear: Digital stuff comes and goes, the analog Hassy's will age with us. Not even thinking about selling one of
    the beauties. Just stocked up on Kodak Portra 160 and 400 for an upcoming US road trip.

Regards,
    Ralf
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Still my main MF camera system. 503CW, both film and digital.
    I've recently got a 40mm IF and now aiming at a 250mm superachromat.
    I will never, ever, sell or get rid of it!
    Marco Ristuccia
    photography.marcoristuccia.com
    "Unconcerned but not indifferent."
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For years, I thought my "if I can only keep one camera" would be a Leica, but since getting the 203FE 4-5 years ago...

http://richardman.photo http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto http://instagram.com/richardmanphoto
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    For years, I thought my "if I can only keep one camera" would be a Leica, but since getting the 203FE 4-5 years ago...

Wow! Beautiful, Richard!

Those colors are amazing and jump right at you!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Can't see the images . Am I doing something wrong . ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Wow! Beautiful, Richard!

Those colors are amazing and jump right at you!
    Thanks Dave. The Japanese Maple is Ektar 100, the Wedding one is Portra 160 or 400, probably 400.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the 203FE years ago and loved it. It is fantastic and while I almost bought one about a year ago, the price was just too much for me. Instead, I got the Bronica SQ-A system with PS lenses. Honestly, I am very impressed and it is the best bang for the buck in the medium format film world. I love square format so it was a match made for me and where I wanted to spend my money.

Joel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoelM View Post
    I had the 203FE years ago and loved it. It is fantastic and while I almost bought one about a year ago, the price was just too much for me. Instead, I got the Bronica SQ-A system with PS lenses. Honestly, I am very impressed and it is the best bang for the buck in the medium format film world. I love square format so it was a match made for me and where I wanted to spend my money.

Joel
    That's good to hear, Joel. A good friend of mine had the SQ-A when I had my first 500CM. The Hassies have always been very reliable for me; by contrast, he had nothing but problems with that Bronica, service was pretty poor at solving it, and his experience has colored my impression of the camera's reliability and serviceability. Design-wise, I always thought it a fine piece of equipment but never wanted to buy into one because of Ed's difficulties.

It's good to know that they can be reliable and enjoyable! I guess Ed just got a "Monday morning special" or something like that. Sad, it demotivated him and caused him to exit medium format cameras entirely.

The Bronica RF645 remains one of those "I never owned one but I'd really like to try" cameras for me...

G
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Bronica RF645 remains one of those "I never owned one but I'd really like to try" cameras for me...

My experience with the Bronica is limited to that of my wife's Bronica 6x7 Outfit. She used it years with no problems other than the weight which ultimately drove her to digital alternatives. Image quality was wonderful as would be expected with a 6x7 format.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a SWC. Although lately it does not get mileage, the camera is not for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    That's good to hear, Joel. A good friend of mine had the SQ-A when I had my first 500CM. The Hassies have always been very reliable for me; by contrast, he had nothing but problems with that Bronica, service was pretty poor at solving it, and his experience has colored my impression of the camera's reliability and serviceability. Design-wise, I always thought it a fine piece of equipment but never wanted to buy into one because of Ed's difficulties.

It's good to know that they can be reliable and enjoyable! I guess Ed just got a "Monday morning special" or something like that. Sad, it demotivated him and caused him to exit medium format cameras entirely.

G
    My experience has been quite the contrary. It's the guys with the Hasselblads who always had their cameras repaired and always complained about them. The Hassys seemed very delicate, too delicate for on location professional work, whereas the Bronicas would take a licking and keep on ticking. All the guys who had them, swore by them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
    My experience has been quite the contrary. It's the guys with the Hasselblads who always had their cameras repaired and always complained about them. The Hassys seemed very delicate, too delicate for on location professional work, whereas the Bronicas would take a licking and keep on ticking. All the guys who had them, swore by them.
    Different experiences, different impressions... that's all!

G
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, since the OP is about Hasselblads, and certainly not Bronicas, and it is not about eliciting negative posts.... I am compelled to add that the beautiful 503 is on my list to re-acquire one day. I miss the aesthetics and the WLF experience. I miss the camera because it breathes every single release of the shutter with a very audible "ka-whump"!!! It is organic! It's alive!

I have a dozen rolls of 120 film to process and re-live each frame. I hope that will fill the void until I can be united with another of Victor's superb cameras.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where to post this. Just received an email from Eric Peterson saying he is leaving Hasselblad after 18 years. Eric was the best Hasselblad rep ever. I have no clue as to Eric's future plans, but his leaving is Hasselblad's loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew View Post
    Not sure where to post this. Just received an email from Eric Peterson saying he is leaving Hasselblad after 18 years. Eric was the best Hasselblad rep ever. I have no clue as to Eric's future plans, but his leaving is Hasselblad's loss.
    Troubling.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1 on Eric being a great guy.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree completely.

Eric and I go back many years (oh, about 21) to my days with Umax (remember them?) and Imacon USA (many members came from Umax), going into accounts in Washington DC together.

We have been on the same team many times, and opposite teams on occasion, but have maintained our mutual respect and friendship throughout the years. There's not a finer human being that I know of.

Steve Hendrix/CI
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Authorized Reseller Digital Cam: • Phase One | Fuji | Leica | Sinar •
    Authorized Reseller TechCam: • Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar •

Post Thanks / Like

The images it produced:

Name:	Last Ride getDPI.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	875.6 KB 
ID:	140473
    Is that a Road King?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    Is that a Road King?
    Yes, it is. After a 17-year relationship with the RK with so many memories, it is now at a new home, somewhere. I miss that ride!

Image from the same day, on my last ride. Not an MF image but I am including it to give a better idea of what the bike is:

Name:	Dave's 2000 Road King in Brooks, Ga Low Res.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	899.3 KB 
ID:	140696
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful I was once very close to buying one. Now riding a '15 Softail Breakout.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    Wonderful I was once very close to buying one. Now riding a '15 Softail Breakout.
    It is all good.

With the weather opening up, I would give anything for another tour.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Hasselblad V System is an enduring classic with not just aesthetic charm but also a mesmerizing experience.

Eschewing the current trend to go small, I say,

Go BIG, or go home!!!

I will forever remember the V experience. However, I do regret one thing, and that was my failure to do a long tour on the RK with the 503 riding safely in the tour pac. The dream was to get lost in the moment capturing iconic images across this wonderful country. Savannah to Key West to New Orleans would have been the first leg.

Then, maybe a Blues tour through the Mississippi Delta regions. Then, well, you know how dreams are...

But they will remain as dreams. At least I can work toward obtaining another 503 system. After all, going BIG is a dream realized in itself!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely Road King! Not my style in motorbikes, but always a beautiful sight on the road.

I am reading your posts, dave, which all have the past in them. Did you sell off all these lovely things recently due to some catastrophe or something? Health problems? If so, my thoughts are with you, and hopes for recovery and return to what you love to do. I've been through a good bit of that myself, and there are few moments in my memory that are as sweet as getting back on a motorcycle and bicycle once I'd fought my way back to being able to do so. And picking up the Hasselblad 500CM after not using it for ages feels much the same ...

Onwards, ever onwards, until Time ends and it no longer matters!

G

GDG & Moto Guzzi V7III Racer in Spring - Santa Clara 2018
    Light L16
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sold this one a few years ago. Now riding a more upright Duc (Streetfighter S). Perhaps we need to add bikes to the "Trains, planes, and automobile" thread.

Name:	JoelDuc033014.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	268.4 KB 
ID:	140706

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JoelM View Post
    Sold this one a few years ago. Now riding a more upright Duc (Streetfighter S). Perhaps we need to add bikes to the "Trains, planes, and automobile" thread.
    One thing I love about GetDPI is how a thread about one topic can for awhile branch out to include others and no one gets all hot and bothered about it. It feels like a natural conversation with friends.

While I have never owned a HD, I've ridden many of them over the past 20+ years (including several Road Kings), usually when I was out riding with friends and we swapped bikes to try a different riding experience.

Re Guzzis and Ducatis...I've owned one Ducati and always hoped to own a Guzzi someday. The Ducati was a silver 1998 900FE (Final Edition). I sold it about 10 years ago. It is one of the few motorcycles I've sold and I REALLY regret that now. Unfortunately, my garage can only hold about ten motorcycles and so two had to go. I should have sold one of the others, but never the Ducati.

As the person who started the "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" thread in 2009, I can confidently say that posting photos of motorcycles there is also good. In fact Jack posted a photo of a HD on the very first page of that thread.

On the topic of the Hasselblad V-series cameras....here are a few of mine.

Gary

Three Swedish Beauties
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two of our ten motorcycles. The W650 (a parallel twin with a gear driven overhead cam) was only sold in the USA in 2000 and 2001. These are the bikes that my wife and I often ride on a "hot" (70-75F) summer day in Alaska. The "cruiser" style riding position doesn't work for me, but this gives me that same feeling, although the bikes are also fairly nimble and fun to ride on a winding mountain road. Her W650 is on the left and has the higher and wider bars that came on bikes sold in the American market. Mine is on the right and has the lower and narrower "European" handlebars.

I'm very fortunate to have a wife who rides her own bikes (and does it VERY well), since I don't really enjoy carrying a passenger when I ride.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow!!!

Bikes and Blads....
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My wife is only 5'4", but she can confidently ride my 1996 BMW R1100RT and 1998 Honda VFR800, although she prefers her Ninja 650s (one in Alaska and one in Washington) or her BMW 650GS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Breaking my heart remembering my new 2004 LT and the many thousands of joy-filled miles.

Another one would make a great accessory for a new Hasselblad 503CW, don't ya think?
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Breaking my heart remembering my new 2004 LT and the many thousands of joy-filled miles.

Another one would make a great accessory for a new Hasselblad 503CW, don't ya think?
    It sure would!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm long past the "always six motorcycles in the garage" phase of life, but I remember those days fondly. Quite content with just Racer now, and my 500CM.

Current mad project in progress is to fit an Instax SQ processing unit to the back of the 500CM for the best possible instant film camera. Well along into the design and bits acquisition phase now...

G

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! I've never owned a motorcycle, but I've had cars which were about as close as you can get. This was my last one, a Caterham (nee Lotus) 7 Superlight R400 modified to produce around 225 hp and weighing about 550kgs, banned from my nearest race track as it exceeded the drive by noise limit!

R400 by Mark, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh, Mark,

Love those cars!

How many times did I try to pull a trigger on a Lotus 7 or a Caterham? Sadly, they were always out of reach and the prices skyrocketed. Maybe that was a good thing. Never got a chance to figure out where to store a Hasselblad in that car either!!!

The closest I came to that was our 35th Wedding Anniversary... my wife could no longer ride a motorcycle so we sold it and bought a 51 MGTD to take on anniversary tour in the Smoky Mountains, with a Nikon D2x kit that we used for weddings. There was ample room inside for what we needed on day trips, but I made a custom wood trunk with matching leather to fit on the rack above the front bumper. THAT was pure vintage touring!

It would catch up with a Caterham and even pass it, eventually, if the drive was far enough and my job allowed an extra day or two.

Ah, but if I had only kept that car and my first Hasselblad...
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It is with deep reflection and considered thought that I mention this:

The Hasselblad V system is freedom.

For me at least. It is always ready with no constraints. I can leave it in a bag for months/years, and pick it up, carry it with me and shoot as many rolls as I want with no thought about charging batteries. Or computers. Or processing really. I just drop the film off at my buddy's shop and pick them up the next day. Or develop them myself.

Harley is touted as the freedom machine. Yeah, right. I love my Harley(s) of the past! But they require a lot of money to purchase, operate and maintain and, that requires a job or an alternate income stream. In hard times, either the motorcycle gets sold or stored away to await better days.

Photography allows me the ability to express myself. But, it takes money like everything else. That is how life works. But the disposable nature of modern cameras hardly helps the search for freedom.

Everyone is different and I am certainly an oddity. Give me one camera and allow me the freedom to be happy with shooting a Medium Format camera, and it would be the V system.

One day, though, I suspect if I live long enough, that I will be remembered as the old man walking around like before, with only a small old-fashioned camera around his neck (with engraving on the top) and seen loading a film cartridge in the bottom of it occasionally. If so, it too, will have no batteries.

Another freedom machine.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,
    This thread is a quite little corner for cuddling Hasselblads.
    I got my SWC,SWCM and 503CX marry to P21 and P30. Any blashphemy done?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Mark,

Love those cars!

How many times did I try to pull a trigger on a Lotus 7 or a Caterham? Sadly, they were always out of reach and the prices skyrocketed. Maybe that was a good thing. Never got a chance to figure out where to store a Hasselblad in that car either!!!

The closest I came to that was our 35th Wedding Anniversary... my wife could no longer ride a motorcycle so we sold it and bought a 51 MGTD to take on anniversary tour in the Smoky Mountains, with a Nikon D2x kit that we used for weddings. There was ample room inside for what we needed on day trips, but I made a custom wood trunk with matching leather to fit on the rack above the front bumper. THAT was pure vintage touring!

It would catch up with a Caterham and even pass it, eventually, if the drive was far enough and my job allowed an extra day or two.

Ah, but if I had only kept that car and my first Hasselblad...
    That MG sounds like fun, Dave. As for the storage, same as a motorcycle, it's amazing what you can fit into a small space with a bit of forward planning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    One thing I love about GetDPI is how a thread about one topic can for awhile branch out to include others and no one gets all hot and bothered about it. It feels like a natural conversation with friends.

While I have never owned a HD, I've ridden many of them over the past 20+ years (including several Road Kings), usually when I was out riding with friends and we swapped bikes to try a different riding experience.

Re Guzzis and Ducatis...I've owned one Ducati and always hoped to own a Guzzi someday. The Ducati was a silver 1998 900FE (Final Edition). I sold it about 10 years ago. It is one of the few motorcycles I've sold and I REALLY regret that now. Unfortunately, my garage can only hold about ten motorcycles and so two had to go. I should have sold one of the others, but never the Ducati.

As the person who started the "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" thread in 2009, I can confidently say that posting photos of motorcycles there is also good. In fact Jack posted a photo of a HD on the very first page of that thread.

On the topic of the Hasselblad V-series cameras....here are a few of mine.

Gary

Three Swedish Beauties
    Thank you. Brings back a lot of memories, maybe of a better time.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane also, both for Hasselblads and the interesting machines that might be used to transport them.
    It is a beautiful sunny spring day here in Anchorage. I'd certainly rather be outside than in the office office crunching numbers for the month-end close. Needed a little break, so of course I thought to check in on GetDPI.

Maybe I'll pull out one of the 'blads, load some film and spend a little quality time getting reacquainted in the next week or so. In the meantime, here are a few more photos of one of my favorites. A black 503CW with the CW winder. Also known as the 503 Borg model.

Ok, back to work.

Gary

Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by B L View Post
    Dave,
    Evolution of the species?

I can only wish I could do the same!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by B L View Post
    Dave,

No blasphemy at all! The modularity of film (and now digital) backs is one of the things I really like about the Hasselblad 500/200 series cameras. Hasselblad itself created the CFV digital backs for the 500 & 200 series cameras, so all is good.

I have a CFV-16II (one of the very few square sensor digital backs). Only wish I could afford a CFV-50c. Or better yet, a “full frame” 6x6 cm sensor digital back, if it is ever produced.

Gary
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    No blasphemy at all! The modularity of film (and now digital) backs is one of the things I really like about the Hasselblad 500/200 series cameras. Hasselblad itself created the CFV digital backs for the 500 & 200 series cameras, so all is good.

I have a CFV-16II (one of the very few square sensor digital backs). Only wish I could afford a CFV-50c. Or better yet, a “full frame” 6x6 cm sensor digital back, if it is ever produced.

Gary
    Gary,

You have hit the nail on the head and driven home the point that modularity is the key to the design of Hasselblads, and Phase One cameras as well. Add the aesthetic design, and there ya go!

This weekend I was shooting some 220 Ektachrome with the film backs on the H5. What a joy!!! It was an ugly day, and there was nothing that caught my eye so I didn't bother with the digital back but I could have. Oh, it was actually on loan to a friend, so I was forced to carry the D850 as well. It was then I realized once again the genius of modularity as both hands were full with two cameras.

Modularity inherently increases flexibility to use different formats very easily, and at much cheaper cost!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just saw this post. Eric's leaving will be a loss to Hasselblad US and a loss to me as a customer. He's always been open and honest about products and has frequently passed on my feedback to the "mothership" in Gothenburg. I sincerely hope he lands safely and wish him success in whatever role he takes.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hasselblad V!!!

Post some of your own images, folks. I am interested and I would love to see your CFV images! There have been precious few images posted in this magnificent MF forum.

It seems like some have given up on the classic Hasselblad in both film and digital form. That is unfortunate and boring. I know, BTDT.

So let's see YOUR images!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is a sample taken from a project I'm currently working on. Its name is "iElsewhere" and it talks about the way we cut off reality (which turns into darkness) when we get totally captured into our mobile devices.

Shot with an Hasselblad 503CW, CFV-50c and a Sonnar CF T* 4/180.
    Light comes from each subject's mobile phone running his/her preferred app.
    As you may imagine, achieving the right (manual) focus on subject's left eye is really difficult, but definitely doable. That's part of the game.

ISO 800/1600 at f4 and 1/8-1/15sec.

More on my website:
    https://photography.marcoristuccia.c...io/ielsewhere/
    Last edited by mristuccia; 10th April 2019 at 06:05.
    Marco Ristuccia

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=mristuccia;785177]Here is a sample taken from a project I'm currently working on. Its name is "iElsewhere" and it talks about the way we cut off reality (which turns into darkness) when we get totally captured into our mobile devices.

As you may imagine, achieving the right (manual) focus on subject's left eye is really difficult but definitely doable. That's part of the game.

Marco,

This is a brilliant project! Thank you for sharing.

It is somewhat similar to the iconic images of the 50s and 60s, which showed viewers in a reclining chair with a beer watching the screen like the old Archie Bunker tv show. I suppose that is still a popular vision everywhere.

Your images are powerful. What disturbs me most is the same trance, although more animated, is common with our grandkids who play video games non-stop. The content of those games is always based on violence.

What are we doing to our children, and to ourselves?
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

On the other hand, beauty is all around us (not too sure about the lab scan so here is the low res scan, I am having trouble finding the archived image):

Hasselblad 503cxi, 80/2.8:
    Name:  IMG_1672.JPG
Views: 618
Size:  231.9 KB

This image was made in 2018 in the late afternoon toward the end of the bloom season. The flower was mature and fully open.

Yesterday, I made an image of the first Clematis bloom of 2019, using a D850 and the flower was not yet fully open but it gave me a feel of the difference between the Hasselblad film capture and a highly-respected modern digital sensor capture. I must say, that portraits, whether of people or florals, have a different character when made with film vs. digital. Both are wonderful. The overall capture experience is far more fun for me with the 503, though.

It does wonderful Macros as well:
    Name:  IMG_1615.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  545.6 KB
    Last edited by dave.gt; 10th April 2019 at 04:12.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=dave.gt;785219]
    Quote Originally Posted by mristuccia View Post
    Here is a sample taken from a project I'm currently working on. Its name is "iElsewhere" and it talks about the way we cut off reality (which turns into darkness) when we get totally captured into our mobile devices.

As you may imagine, achieving the right (manual) focus on subject's left eye is really difficult but definitely doable. That's part of the game.

Marco,

This is a brilliant project! Thank you for sharing.

It is somewhat similar to the iconic images of the 50s and 60s, which showed viewers in a reclining chair with a beer watching the screen like the old Archie Bunker tv show. I suppose that is still a popular vision everywhere.

Your images are powerful. What disturbs me most is the same trance, although more animated, is common with our grandkids who play video games non-stop. The content of those games is always based on violence.

What are we doing to our children, and to ourselves?
    Thanks Dave!

Yes, this sort of trance is what always captures me while observing people playing with such sort of devices. Mobile phones, game consoles, etc... We are gradually leaving reality and transferring ourselves into the digital world. One day we will really make only use of avatars/bots to go outside in the "dangerous" real world and do our duties.
    Marco Ristuccia

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

On the other hand, beauty is all around us (not too sure about the lab scan so here is the low res scan, I am having trouble finding the archived image):

Hasselblad 503cxi, 80/2.8:
    Name:  IMG_1672.JPG
Views: 618
Size:  231.9 KB

This image was made in 2018 in the late afternoon toward the end of the bloom season. The flower was mature and fully open.

Yesterday, I made an image of the first Clematis bloom of 2019, using a D850 and the flower was not yet fully open but it gave me a feel of the difference between the Hasselblad film capture and a highly-respected modern digital sensor capture. I must say, that portraits, whether of people or florals, have a different character when made with film vs. digital. Both are wonderful. The overall capture experience is far more fun for me with the 503, though.

It does wonderful Macros as well:
    Name:  IMG_1615.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  545.6 KB
    Beautiful colours Dave!

Film is always more organic and digital is always more clean and "plasticy".
    I use both, depending on the project. For the one I posted here I used digital because the portrayed people should resemble kind of half-androids.
    Marco Ristuccia