The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Printing Out Crop Masks

Hey all!
I have some crop mask targets for my AFi II 7. I have an R3000 and a P6000, and I tried printing the targets on some transparent material in the R3000 first. I used photo ink and a glossy paper setting. Still the target was easily smudged and never dried.

Any tips on proper print settings for these? Also, should the mask go into the holder on top of the ground glass? That will constitute a slight change in focusing I'd guess...

Thanks!

Boinger

Hey all!
I have some crop mask targets for my AFi II 7. I have an R3000 and a P6000, and I tried printing the targets on some transparent material in the R3000 first. I used photo ink and a glossy paper setting. Still the target was easily smudged and never dried.

Any tips on proper print settings for these? Also, should the mask go into the holder on top of the line ground glass? That will constitute a slight change in focusing I'd guess...

Thanks!
Transparency with laser printer.

Use illustrator so you can work in actual dimensions. And make a outline for the dimension where the transparency will sit.