The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji 50S/R on a Technical Camera

Greg Haag

Victor, is this the setup you would buy today if you were starting this process over? I want the ability to shift in a medium format platform and this seems like a potential solution.
Thanks,
Greg

MrSmith

Here is where I can be helpful! Please see the attached cheat sheet which should give you some ideas as to which lenses will work with the GFX50 series. This will be updated sometime in the near future to reflect the GFX100...but for now we are still doing some testing and maths.

View attachment 140753View attachment 140752
That is a valuable mine of info for me.

And what parts would you need to buy if you owned an early Actus for Sony with a longer rail and bellows and wanted to use a Fuji?

vjbelle

Victor, is this the setup you would buy today if you were starting this process over? I want the ability to shift in a medium format platform and this seems like a potential solution.
Thanks,
Greg
Greg.... I started out with an Alpa and became very alarmed at the pricing for lenses which I could purchase in copal 0 for substantially less. Same lens, same shutter the only difference was the Alpa mount which was, to me, really inflated in price. So when the Actus was introduced I became interested and after a couple of years finally purchased one and have never regretted it. It's not perfect but nothing is. It is, however, small and light and with care very predictable. Switching from one camera platform to another is fast and easy. A DB can be used with the short rail and still has the ability to close focus to 8 feet with my 180mm lens. This means that I can travel with the short rail and any of my lenses with either a GFX or DB. The GFX is limited to 72mm for full movements but other solutions are around the corner. Shifting with a GFX or DB is lens dependent for ultimate quality results so I also Pan when the situation allows.

Victor

CAMBOUSA

That is a valuable mine of info for me.

And what parts would you need to buy if you owned an early Actus for Sony with a longer rail and bellows and wanted to use a Fuji?
The ACB-980 Upgrade Kit (SKU: 99100980) will contain the new rear standard, a front standard raiser block, and the GFX bayonet adapter needed for use with the GFX. The bellows and rail you have now will both work without needing to be replaced. If you want to use still use your sony as well, add an AC-78E adapter (9910078E) and you are in business.

Your Cambo dealer should have pricing for these parts, and they generally are very easy to come by!