The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pigs Workshop in Tahoe

_DSF8205Apr 06 2019  Tahoe Sand Harbor copy.jpg

I got wind that Ken Doo and Don Libby held their infamous Pigs medium format digital photography workshop in Lake Tahoe this month. It was the event's 10th year anniversary and apparently their last "Pigs" is what I hear.

The Lake Tahoe area is a magnificently beautiful region. I hope those in attendance will share some of the images they captured from the event!

Perhaps another workshop of sorts is in the works? With Ken and Don, that would definitely be Dante approved.

kdphotography

Sand Harbor. This was my first real outing with the newly converted Fuji GFX (full spectrum). 720nm IR B&W. Four image stitched pano.
Sand Harbor 720 IR Pano WEB.jpg

ken

kdphotography

One from the Cambo WRS1600 and IQ3100. 5mm rise and 5mm shift. HR40. Rapidly changing conditions made this a challenging weekend. The avalanche was a piece of cake. ;) And if you're asking what caused the avalanche---it wasn't me. :ROTFL:

CF005883 Sand Harbor Cambo WEB.jpg

ken

Don Libby

I believe Mrs Dante took this of Ken and I trying out our new whizbang idea of holding an infrared filter up to the camera phone.

Attachments

Don Libby

I'd like to thank Dante for starting this thread and thank all those who came as well.

Ken and I began "Pigs" 11-years ago (yes we missed one year) with the idea of bringing like minded photographers together with the caveat of leaving your attitudes at home and bring your sense of humor; it worked for the most part.

While the folks that attended used mainly medium format systems it was never closed to that format as we welcomed all systems, all makes and models.

I'm pleased with what Ken, Sandy and I have accomplished and will cherish the memories of those we have met and those we lost.

This may have been the 10th and last "Pigs" however it ain't over yet as we're planning what might be considered a rendezvous in the future.

Sandy & Don

I didn't add Ken as he has no idea I wrote this...

kdphotography

This is an IR image taken with my converted Fuji GFX. The image was taken around the Emerald Bay area, probably photographed around the time that Don caused the avalanche ;)

_DSF8181 720IR WEB.jpg

Steve Hendrix

I'd like to thank Dante for starting this thread and thank all those who came as well.

Ken and I began "Pigs" 11-years ago (yes we missed one year) with the idea of bringing like minded photographers together with the caveat of leaving your attitudes at home and bring your sense of humor; it worked for the most part.

While the folks that attended used mainly medium format systems it was never closed to that format as we welcomed all systems, all makes and models.

I'm pleased with what Ken, Sandy and I have accomplished and will cherish the memories of those we have met and those we lost.

This may have been the 10th and last "Pigs" however it ain't over yet as we're planning what might be considered a rendezvous in the future.

Sandy & Don

I didn't add Ken as he has no idea I wrote this...

It was a great concept and in practice produced so many great experiences for many photographers, you, Sandy and Ken should all be commended. I only made it to one of the PIGS events, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Jeffrey

My first experience using a technical camera was at a Pigs gathering several years ago. There the brainpower of the group helped me to begin to understand technical cameras. Dante hooked me as my bank account will testify. Having attended several subsequent Pigs gatherings, I can say the people there are the nicest and most helpful photographers ever. Thanks Don and Ken for so many amazing shoots and memories, lots and lots of laughs too! Today 90% of my shooting is with my technical camera. Thanks again, guys!

dchew

Really sorry I missed it this year. Regardless, thanks to Ken and Don for all your efforts over the years. It has been a wonderful event!

Dave

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Sorry that I couldn’t make it in the end. I’d rather have been there than sizzling & sweating my a$$ off in Singapore & Malaysia for work!