Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Hello all: I use a small and light Sony A7R II with lenses and this is no problem to carry it in a light bag over my shoulder. Because of open heart surgery and recent hip replacement, I sold my Pentax 645D equipment, as it was just too heavy for me. I now have a Fuji GFX 50R and 23mm lens and 32-64mm lens. I will be adding the Fuji 100-200 f5.6 lens, or may be carrying my Pentax manual focus 120mm Macro 645 lens. Even though the GFX 50 R is exactly half the weight of the Pentax 645, the lenses are heavy and I am looking for a rolling case so I can take the case out of the car and roll it to the site I will be photographing---I do seascapes mostly. I have had no luck finding a case. I do have an older Pelikan wheeled bag that is too big---it is about 18"x15"x8", and is wasted space and weight I do not need. Any suggestions? Most photographers need MORE space----I need less. TIA
    Dave in NJ

  2. #2
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Dave,

    Interesting thought, going small. A couple of quick questions:
    1. Do you have a space dimensionally speaking in mind? For instance would you be able to fit everything in one of the small or medium-sized ICUs by F-stop?

    2. Do you need a hard case or will soft sides work for you?

    3. What size wheels, larger ones or small?

    There could be a few options based on the answers.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    It might be worth looking around beach stores for something small with larger wheels. Come to think of it how about a cooler with sand wheels? Also gardening shops have fold up items that are light unto themselves and might offer a small 4 wheeled fold up garden cart.

    Perhaps thinking outside the box is your answer.

  4. #4
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Hi Dave,

    These carts are made for photography and fold up for transport. They have been around for a while now, and they have a seat.
    I do not know anything about them. They are available from B&H, Amazon, etc. :



    Eckla Beach Rolly Cart



    Eckla Multi-Rolly Cart

    Best of luck!
    Darr
    A Photo A Day Project: darrlene.com
    My Other Website: photoscapes.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Think Tank sells rolling cases in a variety of sizes and shapes. Some allow access from both the top and front. Perhaps you'll find one that suits your needs: https://www.thinktankphoto.com/pages/rolling-cases.

    -John

  6. #6
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    I haven't tried the Shimoda, but will probably buy one. It seems to be robust, and it has relatively large wheels:

    https://www.shimodadesigns.com/gb/ex...arry-on-roller



    I also like the way it opens:


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by jng View Post
    Think Tank sells rolling cases in a variety of sizes and shapes. Some allow access from both the top and front. Perhaps you'll find one that suits your needs: https://www.thinktankphoto.com/pages/rolling-cases.

    -John
    I second the Think Tank bags. I have been using their Airport International for 7-8 years now and have no complaints.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Thanks all for some great ideas...."thinking outside the box" as one suggested. I will check out all the options suggested!~
    Dave

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Dave,

    Interesting thought, going small. A couple of quick questions:
    1. Do you have a space dimensionally speaking in mind? For instance would you be able to fit everything in one of the small or medium-sized ICUs by F-stop?

    2. Do you need a hard case or will soft sides work for you?

    3. What size wheels, larger ones or small?

    There could be a few options based on the answers.
    Thanks Dave. I had never heard of ICU by F-Stop. I used your link, and they would be perfect with their smaller sizes. I contacted them with their Instant Chat feature....and they do not have any rolling bags. Hard or soft case is OK. Small wheels also OK. I would not be actually taking my rolling bag on the beach. Roll the bag to our car. Drive to destination. Survey which lens I need, put it on camera, put camera on monopod (I use one often) and walk on the beach, possibly with another lens either in my jacket pocket (in colder weather) or photo vest. Even with the heavier 50R and Fuji lens the monopod and camera make a good "walking stick" in soft sand, and I make out OK. Attached is a recent shot made with that exact set up.
    Best regards
    Dave in NJ
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]141065
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d776 framed.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	740.5 KB 
ID:	141065  
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Thanks Dave. I had never heard of ICU by F-Stop. I used your link, and they would be perfect with their smaller sizes. I contacted them with their Instant Chat feature....and they do not have any rolling bags. Hard or soft case is OK. Small wheels also OK. I would not be actually taking my rolling bag on the beach. Roll the bag to our car. Drive to destination. Survey which lens I need, put it on camera, put camera on monopod (I use one often) and walk on the beach, possibly with another lens either in my jacket pocket (in colder weather) or photo vest. Even with the heavier 50R and Fuji lens the monopod and camera make a good "walking stick" in soft sand, and I make out OK. Attached is a recent shot made with that exact set up.
    Best regards
    Dave in NJ
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]141065
    Love that image!!!



    My thinking with the ICU is you can put an ICU in a roller carry-one you probably already own. Or buy one of the excellent Think Tank products. Or...

    A small F-stop (or other brand) backpack will fit on a fold-up roller frame with small wheels.

    Or... you can get a relatively small Pelican case roller if you would like a hard case.

    https://shotkit.com/best-rolling-camera-bags/

    Let us know which way you decide to go!
    Last edited by dave.gt; 25th April 2019 at 11:11.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Dave in NJ

    Ok as I now have a better idea of your needs/plans. OK so here goes.

    Based on my daily shootimg needs from home I use either:

    1.) Think Tank Airport Airstream which holds at least one F stop ICU Small Pro with about 5" of extra space up front. Depth varies from 7" to about 6" where the handle retracts into the bag. This rolling bag comes with lots of dividers for use without having the extra expense of an ICU.

    2.)Think Tank Airport International V3.0 which holds two F stop ICU Small Pro. Depth varies from 7" to about 6" where the handle retracts into the bag. This rolling bag comes with lots of dividers for use without having the extra expense of an ICU.

    FYI One Small Pro ICU holds my Alpa STC with handle and a Phase back and HR40 attached, Light meter, cable release, Hoodman, 4 extra batteries, Lowepro QXD case holding up to 12 cards, HR 70 and soft hood and S-K 150 and hood plus HR40 soft hood. This all weighs in at about 12 lbs.

    For packing less option #1 has plenty of space. Trust this helps.
    Last edited by algrove; 25th April 2019 at 16:25.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    Dave in NJ

    Ok as I now have a better idea of your needs/plans. OK so here goes.

    Based on my daily shootimg needs from home I use either:

    1.) Think Tank Airport Airstream which holds at least one F stop ICU Small Pro with about 5" of extra space up front. Depth varies from 7" to about 6" where the handle retracts into the bag. This rolling bag comes with lots of dividers for use without having the extra expense of an ICU.

    2.)Think Tank Airport International V3.0 which holds two F stop ICU Small Pro. Depth varies from 7" to about 6" where the handle retracts into the bag. This rolling bag comes with lots of dividers for use without having the extra expense of an ICU.

    FYI One Small Pro ICU holds my Alpa STC with handle and a Phase back and HR40 attached, Light meter, cable release, Hoodman, 4 extra batteries, Lowepro QXD case holding up to 12 cards, HR 70 and soft hood and S-K 150 and hood plus HR40 soft hood. This all weighs in at about 12 lbs.

    For packing less option #1 has plenty of space. Trust this helps.
    Thanks all: If I understand correctly, if I were to purchase an F-Stop "Shallow ICU-Medium" with internal dimensions of 4.5"x 11.5" x 10" ( I will lay out a cardboard template with those dimensions and lay my gear on it to insure it will fit), I could then put that "ICU" in any type of rolling carry on bag or cart. Correct?
    TIA
    Dave in NJ

  13. #13
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Thanks all: If I understand correctly, if I were to purchase an F-Stop "Shallow ICU-Medium" with internal dimensions of 4.5"x 11.5" x 10" ( I will lay out a cardboard template with those dimensions and lay my gear on it to insure it will fit), I could then put that "ICU" in any type of rolling carry on bag or cart. Correct?
    TIA
    Dave in NJ
    Essentially, yes!

    It would help to put it in a case/cart/etc that is close to the width in dimensions otherwise it will not be a snug fit. The ICU is flexible with only a light cover that zips all around, so there is no frame or structure, just a very good and relatively stiff divider section.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Essentially, yes!

    It would help to put it in a case/cart/etc that is close to the width in dimensions otherwise it will not be a snug fit. The ICU is flexible with only a light cover that zips all around, so there is no frame or structure, just a very good and relatively stiff divider section.
    Thanks Dave.gt. I am now looking at various rolling cases I could put the ICU into. Everyone's input is greatly appreciated.
    Dave

  15. #15
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Dave,

    Is this what you have in mind?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_BAS_PW49A
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Sweden
    Posts
    1,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    I stumbled upon a great solution about a year ago, I use 2 small pro ICU's for all my kit, that way I can take a small kit out or everything just by adding or removing an ICU. I found this case by Peak Performance..

    https://www.peakperformance.com/ie/c...G63118001.html

    It is light, extendable handle and is an absolutely perfect fit for the 2 small Pro ICU's, could have been made for it, also a laptop sleeve on the front, I now use it for all travel as it's carry on size too.

    I have recently used it with both ICU's for a GFX kit with 4 lenses, plus with space for all my cables and stuff and laptop too, hard wearing, gets bashed about a lot in Iraq especially and hasn't got a mark on it. Works perfectly for me with the added bonus of not looking anything like a camera bag.

    Might be worth a look, not sure of the size difference between the ICU's I have and you have.

    Mat

  17. #17
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    I use a Tenba Roadie II Hybrid Roller for my medium format kit which consists of an ALPA TC + Max; SK lenses: 28, 35, 47, 72 and 120; a Hasselblad CFV50c and various small necessities. The dividers are removed from the Roadie and the items are stowed in Gnass 4x5 Lens cases (no longer made) and the CFV50c is in a very small Pelican case. This all fits snugly in the Roadie, but I do not think it will wheel across the Florida beach where I live. I have had a few different wheeled cases over the years and most, if not all, could not handle the beach sand I am accustom to. Even my fat tire bike has trouble on the beach if I stray too far from a trail. So if I understand the OP's needs correctly, he needs a case to carry his gear to the beach or shore for seascapes -- I am guessing bigger wheels are needed.

    A Photo A Day Project: darrlene.com
    My Other Website: photoscapes.com

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Sweden
    Posts
    1,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Darr, on post #9 he says..

    "Hard or soft case is OK. Small wheels also OK. I would not be actually taking my rolling bag on the beach. Roll the bag to our car. Drive to destination. Survey which lens I need, put it on camera, put camera on monopod (I use one often) and walk on the beach, possibly with another lens either in my jacket pocket (in colder weather) or photo vest"

    Hence my suggestion, and why yours is equally valid too, no good for beaches though but not what he wants.

    Mat
    http://matrichardson.com/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  19. #19
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by mjr View Post
    Darr, on post #9 he says..

    "Hard or soft case is OK. Small wheels also OK. I would not be actually taking my rolling bag on the beach. Roll the bag to our car. Drive to destination. Survey which lens I need, put it on camera, put camera on monopod (I use one often) and walk on the beach, possibly with another lens either in my jacket pocket (in colder weather) or photo vest"

    Hence my suggestion, and why yours is equally valid too, no good for beaches though but not what he wants.

    Mat
    Thanks Mat for the clarification. I read what he said about his health needs, but did not read much else.
    Hope your doing well with all your travels! Enjoy your work!

    Darr
    A Photo A Day Project: darrlene.com
    My Other Website: photoscapes.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  20. #20
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Dave,

    After a lot of online searching (I personally might consider a small roll on myself down the road), it seems that a simple solution using one or two ICU cases in a lightweight roller case or bag is a good idea. The second good idea may be this 16"x15"x8" camera roller bag by Think Tank:

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...BI%3A514&smp=Y

    It has lots of pockets and compartments for the smaller items. At 9lbs. maybe too heavy?

    But I do like the removable ICUs for my backpacks! Ingenious modularity means I can have different configurations of gear and other items conveniently ready-to-go and easily placed in my backpack. (As a side note: F-Stop ultralight backpacks are small and very lightweight, only weighing 2 pounds! Maybe a consideration?)

    A small lightweight carry-on would do just fine for the ICUs.

    Wishing you the best of health with the challenges you have faced already. Camera therapy is really good for that, as you already know!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  21. #21
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Oh...

    If money were no problem, this would be my ultimate small kit roller case if fitted with an ICU.

    https://zerohalliburton.com/products...13789526130747

    Maybe they can offer one without the dividers, or maybe they are removable for fitting an ICU.?

    I sent an email inquiry to ZH for clarification of this:

    "Small but mighty, this compact travelling office boasts a removable three compartment file section and a separate packing space to discreetly store a change of clothes. Its four oversized, high-performance wheels are recessed at each corner, making it easier to roll in the airport or train station, while the accordion-style interior is coated in a stain-resistant, non-abrasive lining"
    Last edited by dave.gt; 29th April 2019 at 04:47.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  22. #22
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Thanks Dave.gt. I am now looking at various rolling cases I could put the ICU into. Everyone's input is greatly appreciated.
    Dave
    You might consider the Think Tank Airport International V3.0 which holds two F stop Small Pro ICU's. Depth varies from 7" to about 6" where the handle retracts into the bag. This rolling bag comes with lots of dividers for photo use in its price without having the extra expense of an ICU if you want to use it the way Think Tank designed it. The Think Tank website is very good in that they have a short video presentation on each bag thy make and how to use it.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Hello all: First I want to thank everyone for their helpful and thoughtful suggestions. I especially thank Dave.GT who sent several private messages with great suggestions. This is what I ended up with:
    1. F-Stop Medium Shallow ICU. Its advertised external dimensions are 5" deep, 11.5" width x 11". It is light and well made. Hard to find....the big NY dealers (B&H, Adorama) do not carry them. I paid
    $11.00 over list price at Amazon (free shipping though).
    2. Samsonite Underseat rolling carry on soft bag. I paid about $77.00 on ebay. It is the PERFECT size for the ICU. Advertised interior dimensions are 13"x 13"x 6.5".
    This combination is PERFECT for my uses. Light weight, small, rolling, a few outside pockets for filters, etc. It is advertised as a women's bag, possibly because of it's diminutive size. I found cheaper ones (Walmart for example) but they were BIGGER--typically 16"x16". I did not want bigger.

    Here are some snap shots of the combo.
    Best to all
    Dave in NJ
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2697.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	141409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2699.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	141410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2700.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	141411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2701.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	141412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2702.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	141413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2703.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	141414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2704.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	141415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2697.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	141409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2699.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	141410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2700.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	141411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2701.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	141412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2702.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	141413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2703.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	141414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2704.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	141415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2705.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	141416
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #24
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Great detailed info Dave! Thanks for providing it. The F-Stop ICU's are immensely helpful and use them often within another case or inside a F-Stop backpack. By the way, love the official photographer's shooting outfit you're modeling. As always, looking forward to your posted images.

    Dave (D&A)

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Great detailed info Dave! Thanks for providing it. The F-Stop ICU's are immensely helpful and use them often within another case or inside a F-Stop backpack. By the way, love the official photographer's shooting outfit you're modeling. As always, looking forward to your posted images.

    Dave (D&A)
    Thanks Dave! I had never heard of ICUs, they are VERY nice. Yes the official photographer shooting outfit is wonderful. It was 2:15 in the afternoon, and my wife of 60 years and I were still in our PJs..........shortly after, we changed in time to hit our local pub's 4PM Happy Hour. I am 5'-7" tall, so you get a feel for the bag size. Always great to her from you.
    Dave
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #26
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Hello all: First I want to thank everyone for their helpful and thoughtful suggestions. I especially thank Dave.GT who sent several private messages with great suggestions. This is what I ended up with:
    1. F-Stop Medium Shallow ICU. Its advertised external dimensions are 5" deep, 11.5" width x 11". It is light and well made. Hard to find....the big NY dealers (B&H, Adorama) do not carry them. I paid
    $11.00 over list price at Amazon (free shipping though).
    2. Samsonite Underseat rolling carry on soft bag. I paid about $77.00 on ebay. It is the PERFECT size for the ICU. Advertised interior dimensions are 13"x 13"x 6.5".
    This combination is PERFECT for my uses. Light weight, small, rolling, a few outside pockets for filters, etc. It is advertised as a women's bag, possibly because of it's diminutive size. I found cheaper ones (Walmart for example) but they were BIGGER--typically 16"x16". I did not want bigger.

    Here are some snap shots of the combo.
    Best to all
    Dave in NJ
    Woohoo!!!!

    Fantastic, Dave!

    Amazing that you got the perfect size.

    Like you, everything I found at Walmart was bigger. I did see the Samsonite web page, but missed your bag somehow. I am so glad you found it!!!

    I absolutely love the ICU system and you just created a whole new way to roll! F-stop or Samsonite should follow your lead!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Dave (GT): I really think F-Stop is missing the boat by not offering a rolling exterior of different sizes to suit their ICUs. I think it would be a good seller. The PLUS side of the Samsonite is I could use it for clothes for light travelling, under the seat. The interior pouches /pockets snap out for removal, making it more roomy, if you do not need them.

    I plan on putting the GFX 50R body, 23mm lens, 32-64mm lens and 100-200 lens (which is on back order) into the ICU. I also will be carrying a few filters, spare battery, cable release, and lens cleaning brush/tissue/liquid.
    Best to all
    Dave

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Today the back ordered Fuji 100-200mm lens arrived. It fit into my shallow medium ICU. In the case is a GFX 50R body, 23 mm lens with stowed (reversed) lens hood, 32-64mm lens with stowed hood, and 100-200mm lens with stowed hood. Also filters, etc. It is quite heavy, thank goodness it rolls. Thanks for all the help.
    Dave
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Need small rolling case for modest Medium Format kit

    Great solution and better write up.

    For a second I though the picture of you modeling your PJ's was at an airport lounge right before boarding and thought, "well maybe that's not a bad idea for my next long haul flight".
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •