The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Value Add Warranty and used backs question

gerald.d

I have had written confirmation from Phase One -

The warranty follows the back.

If there is a change of ownership, then the new owner needs to register their ownership of the the equipment.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Dave Gallagher

Good afternoon everyone,

I have not posted anything in this forum for years, my life with 3 teenagers and 3 business has just gotten too busy. I apologize for my absence, however, a customer brought this up to me today and it has always bothered me how this topic has been improperly portrayed or intentionally misrepresented online.

This is a perfect opportunity to state how Phase One warranties are handled in the US. And let me state that I have had many conversations with the staff at Phase one here in the US and in Denmark to understand this topic perfectly. And I can state the following unequivocally:

All Phase One US product’s warranty stay with the product regardless of ownership.

You can check the warranty on any product by logging in to:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Profile/Login

From there, look for the second box down on the left for:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/My-Pages/RegisteredProducts

You can register the product and check the remaining warranty today.

This “registration” does not change ownership or warranty status of the product.

This system will prove that Phase One warranties travel with the product regardless of what you have been told by others in the marketplace.

And this covers all serial numbered products sold by Phase One. In fact, you can find out how long ago your Mamiya or Leaf product expired here as well.

As for warranty support, I can only speak for my dealership. We will provide support for any product we have ever sold regardless of who owns it today. We will also help customers get repairs and service required regardless of where the product was purchased.

The confusion over this topic is not necessary. I apologize if we at Capture Integration have not explained this properly here or online before now.

We appreciate GETdpi, its moderators, and our clients here. Thank you for your partnership and your business.

Sincerely,

Dave Gallagher
CEO
Capture Integration