The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Next IQ4 firmware?

onasj

Since it’s almost been two months since the last IQ4 firmware release, I’m hoping the next one might be ready soon.

I really hope mapping of the ES shutter button to one of the physical buttons on the back is implemented, as well as the many other fixes and enhancements discussed in this forum (feel free to add to this list):

- Mapping of virtual shutter button to a physical button on the back
- Physical beep after boot up when ready to shoot (can be turned off or on)
- More flexible options to back up images via USB-C, XQD, or SD
- Full-resolution JPEG files (of reasonable size!) rather than 2 MP tiny JPEGs written to the SD card
- Finally fix the split-image bug that can occur when reviewing images at 100%
- Fully implemented power sharing
- Better battery use and more accurate battery reporting
- Better thermal management if possible

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I agree that better battery sharing and thermal management are most desirable. I'd also like a faster boot-up (maybe an option to skip the Capture One bit).

Boinger

I am wondering the same thing...

One of the main reasons I upgraded was that they offered significant new features while being able to use a tech cam like frame averaging.

To me this feels like Hasselblad all over again.

Features advertised on launch but not available even 6 months after launch.

Can't even use capture pilot yet...