The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LCC Workflow for everyone ?

gmfotografie

I always thought that the typical LCC Workflow is for photographers with a technical camera using a digipack and with lens in tilt/shift position.

Does somebody Lens Cast Calibration with a "normal" camera.

I have a X1D - can I pimp the quality of my files with an LCC workflow ?
(also a 5DIV with 17mm and 24mm)

tcdeveau

I always thought that the typical LCC Workflow is for photographers with a technical camera using a digipack and with lens in tilt/shift position.

Does somebody Lens Cast Calibration with a "normal" camera.

I have a X1D - can I pimp the quality of my files with an LCC workflow ?
(also a 5DIV with 17mm and 24mm)
Yep you can use LCC workflow with the X1D if you want. You just need an LCC card (such as this one: https://www.digitalback.com/product/pocket-lcc/). Shoot one shot without the LCC card, and another shot with the LCC card covering the lens (as flat against the front of the lens as possible). Keep aperture and focal point consistent between the shots, you may need to adjust the LCC shot exposure-wise to get the histogram in the middle. In phocus, you use "scene calibration" and create the scene calibration with the LCC shot, and then apply it to the same shot without the LCC card. Some people have done this with the 30mm, and Hasselblad themselves even recommended on the FB group or somewhere if the corners of overcast skies take on a blue hue with the 30mm. Here's a tutorial on scene calibration from Hasselblad on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iggTakk-M.

Can do the same with the 5DIV, but it's tricker with the 17mm and 24mm as I assume they're the TS-E versions, which have a large bulbous front element, making it more difficult to position the LCC card in front of the lens.