The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

CAMBOUSA

I guess this would probably be better suited for a new thread next year, but I'm going to go ahead and post it now instead.

WTSA-892x is the "long barrel" tilt/swing lens panel for use on the Cambo WRS and Phase One XT bodies.

In the past we've always supplied this Digaron 90mm as a short barrel completed with a 48mm rear spacer. The XT however, requires a long barrel version.

This new configuration is available for order today, and will begin shipping in the US early next year (Since the factory closes for winter holidays next week).

78138131_2758786600850502_2720582007846338560_o.jpg77190834_2758787604183735_3701691836927049728_o.jpg

kdphotography

I guess this would probably be better suited for a new thread next year, but I'm going to go ahead and post it now instead.

WTSA-892x is the "long barrel" tilt/swing lens panel for use on the Cambo WRS and Phase One XT bodies.

In the past we've always supplied this Digaron 90mm as a short barrel completed with a 48mm rear spacer. The XT however, requires a long barrel version.

This new configuration is available for order today, and will begin shipping in the US early next year (Since the factory closes for winter holidays next week).

How does this mount impact movements (effective limits) versus the traditional short barrel mount with spacer? I assume this mount version would also work on all Cambo technical cameras and not just the XT?

I guess the long barrel mount is an easier solution (for the XT) than some sort of electronic contacts "pass through connection" capable spacer to the IQ4 MFDB. ....which makes me think the WTS 2048 is going to be limited to Cambo technical cameras other than the XT.

ken

WTS-2048_w.jpg

CAMBOUSA

I assume this mount version would also work on all Cambo technical cameras and not just the XT?
Most certainly, this lens can be used on existing WRS camera bodies. For customers who don't wish to carry around the additional 48mm spacer this is a viable option to both still have a fantastic lens, and save a little space.

I guess the long barrel mount is an easier solution (for the XT) than some sort of electronic contacts "pass through connection" capable spacer to the IQ4 MFDB. ....which makes me think the WTS 2048 is going to be limited to Cambo technical cameras other than the XT.
Right now the WTS-2048 yes is only for WRS bodies and not the XT. Because of the inability to change the rear mounting of the XT, lens panels requiring spacers of any kind to focus are currently being re-worked so that they can be used with as few limitations as possible.

As we here at Cambo USA know more, so shall everyone here at GetDPI.

Phase V

Looks good, but as Ken already stated here, the question is if there is
a limitation in movement on a Cambo WRS with 20mm movements.
The XT only has 12mm so i guess it will be no problem on that one.
Will there be a version without t/S and can it be fitted with
the electronic shutter when available?

kdphotography

if I had to guess, I'd say movements will be restricted to the same as the XT. Not necessarily a bad trade-off for those that don't shift to extremes when balancing not having to remove the back and install a spacer out in the field.

I'd like to see the definitive answers/results in actual practice.

ken

CAMBOUSA

Will there be a version without t/S and can it be fitted with
the electronic shutter when available?
In theory yes, once Phase One releases the X-Shutter as a stand-alone product I don't see any reason why a similar setup couldn't be adapted.

However please take that with a grain of salt since I'm more of a middle man. As I have said before, R&D is always thinking three steps ahead and if it can be done...they have worked out how.

CAMBOUSA

if I had to guess, I'd say movements will be restricted to the same as the XT. Not necessarily a bad trade-off for those that don't shift to extremes when balancing not having to remove the back and install a spacer out in the field.

I'd like to see the definitive answers/results in actual practice.

ken
I submit for Dantè's approval some ugly, un-scientific, "hey let me borrow a digital back with live view for about 3 minutes please", photos showing at least 19mm of movement in all directions.

image7.jpegimage6.jpegimage5.jpegimage4.jpegimage3.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg

A more proper test will be forthcoming.

Pemihan

I submit for Dantè's approval some ugly, un-scientific, "hey let me borrow a digital back with live view for about 3 minutes please", photos showing at least 19mm of movement in all directions.

A more proper test will be forthcoming.
That looks great. Now I just need to have a serious conversation with Santa!