Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

  1. #1
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    Hello GetDPI members,

    I wanted to take a moment and start a new thread about some new and upcoming products from Cambo. Some of these I have already talked about already, so forgive me in advance if there are any overlaps.

    Name:  WRA-2023_01w.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  135.4 KBName:  WRA-2023_WRC_w.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  145.5 KB

    First the Rodenstock Aperture Only Mount. Now to be fair this is not a Cambo exclusive as other manufacturers will (likely) be using this same product on their lenses. The new "AO" mounting is similarly sized to the previous Copal-0 opening, so it can be used with existing Copal-0 lens boards. When mounted for a WRS camera the new panels will be called the WRA-XXX (In the case of the 23mm shown it is the WRA-2023).

    Aperture size #0
    Aperture control manually
    Aperture range 6 f/stops, increments stepless
    Aperture has 9 leaves
    No Flash synchronisation

    These newly mounted lenses are making their way into the Cambo factory and will begin shipping stateside very soon. All of the Cambo dealers have the ability to pre-order (and possibly deliver) these lenses now.

    Name:  WRE-138_01w.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  153.0 KBName:  WRE-138_02w.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  150.7 KBName:  WRE-138_04w.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  299.7 KB

    This is the WRE-138 (and soon available in AO mount as the WRA-138). This is the highly anticipated Rodenstock 138 6.5 lens that has been discussed at length across this forum. I should be getting my demo unit on Monday and will be putting it through its paces. The unit I am receiving I have been told is still partly a prototype, and that some minor changes will be happening between now and the formal launch.

    That being said this lens is also available for pre-order, and will be mounted in a WRS Non-Tilt-Swing panel only due to the unique design of the rear helical. I will be releasing a blog post at Cambousa.com soon that has some more details about this product.

    Name:  IMG_3615 1.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  55.4 KB

    This is a rendering of the soon to be delivered AC-380 and AC-381. These are an optional, newly designed knob assembly that will offer a 5:1 gearing reduction (and I'm told will aid in "locking" movements of the Actus). Depending on your current model of Actus depends on which knobs you would use, and they are being offered separately as to fully customize the individual Actus for its user.

    These were being machined while I was at the factory a few weeks back on the Cambo USA Workshop and Factory Tour, and are awaiting their final anodization and assembly. I'm hoping to have some of the first batches of these within the next 3 weeks for sale. The prototype unit I was able to get my hands on was SUPER smooth in its gearing and movements. I can't wait to get my personal set installed so I can further play with them.

    I've got two (two and a half really) more products that I know will be coming and have some details on. I'd like to wait until I get some more images of them that I can share before going any further.

    As always let me know what questions you all have. Happy to answer with as much info as I can give!
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com l Email l US Dealer List
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eads, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMBOUSA View Post
    Hello GetDPI members,

    Name:  IMG_3615 1.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  55.4 KB

    This is a rendering of the soon to be delivered AC-380 and AC-381. These are an optional, newly designed knob assembly that will offer a 5:1 gearing reduction (and I'm told will aid in "locking" movements of the Actus). Depending on your current model of Actus depends on which knobs you would use, and they are being offered separately as to fully customize the individual Actus for its user.

    These were being machined while I was at the factory a few weeks back on the Cambo USA Workshop and Factory Tour, and are awaiting their final anodization and assembly. I'm hoping to have some of the first batches of these within the next 3 weeks for sale. The prototype unit I was able to get my hands on was SUPER smooth in its gearing and movements. I can't wait to get my personal set installed so I can further play with them.

    I've got two (two and a half really) more products that I know will be coming and have some details on. I'd like to wait until I get some more images of them that I can share before going any further.

    As always let me know what questions you all have. Happy to answer with as much info as I can give!
    Blake...... What is the price of these knob assemblies? Why is there an assembly for tilt but not swing? Are they user installable?

    Victor

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    Puh, the WRE-138 looks like an awful amount of money to spend
    any info on pricing yet?
    I thought they are working on a dedicated control for the ES-shutter too,
    some sort of Alpa-Silex control, what´s up with that?

  4. #4
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    Blake...... What is the price of these knob assemblies? Why is there an assembly for tilt but not swing? Are they user installable?

    Victor
    Victor,

    1) Please contact your dealer for pricing information.

    2) My understanding is that you can replace both if you would wish. I am in the process of confirming this and hope to have an answer later today or tomorrow.

    3) I have been told that users with some technical knowledge should be able to perform the installation themselves. I'm waiting on mine to come in so I can walk myself through the installation process. If I can do it, I know that anyone else should be able to.
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com l Email l US Dealer List

  5. #5
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
    Puh, the WRE-138 looks like an awful amount of money to spend
    any info on pricing yet?
    I thought they are working on a dedicated control for the ES-shutter too,
    some sort of Alpa-Silex control, what´s up with that?
    Yes, the WRE/WRA-138 is certainly not an inexpensive lens. To give a vague idea it takes the cake as the most expensive of the Rodenstock offerings right now. I should be getting mine today and hope to run some testing to see if the juice is worth the squeeze as it were.

    From looking at the charts and from what I have been told, its absurdly sharp, and has a 110mm Image Circle.

    Regarding an E-shutter solution, nothing on the radar that I am aware of. But as always to be fair, I am just the US distributor and am not part of the factory team. I only get to learn about things right before launch, rarely about items on the drawing board.
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com l Email l US Dealer List
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMBOUSA View Post
    Yes, the WRE/WRA-138 is certainly not an inexpensive lens. To give a vague idea it takes the cake as the most expensive of the Rodenstock offerings right now. I should be getting mine today and hope to run some testing to see if the juice is worth the squeeze as it were.

    From looking at the charts and from what I have been told, its absurdly sharp, and has a 110mm Image Circle.
    Now is as good of a time as ever to release the blog post about this lens.
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com l Email l US Dealer List

  7. #7
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cambo - New and Upcoming - 2019

    I was just provided with some updated photos of the WRA-2138 (Aperture Only Mount). Also I need to correct a mistake, I have previously referred to the 138 mounted as the WRE/WRA-138. It actually is 2138.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRA-138_03s.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	141663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRA-138_02s.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	141664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRA-138_01s.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	141665

    These photos really don't do it justice as to how large it is.
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com l Email l US Dealer List
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •