Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuji GFX 100

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji GFX 100

in the GFX, in camera film simulation on the jpegs adds grain to the "look"..even if grain is switched off

at 300% zoom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grain example.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	584.2 KB 
ID:	141762

but of course those sample pics may have been processed another way

Quote Originally Posted by onasj View Post
    Thank you for the link these files; they were very informative. My first-pass takes are:

- The Fuji GFX100 is overall outstanding, and image quality is excellent as expected.
    - High ISO images (2000 is quite good-- maybe a bit noisier than what I'm used to for the IQ4.
    - Low ISO (400, 200) have a surprising (to me at least) amount of noise. So much so that I did a comparison with recent photos from my IQ4:

GFX100, in-focus and out-of-focus region at ISO 400, 100% size:
    Attachment 141758

GFX100, in-focus and out-of-focus region at ISO 400, 100% size:
    Attachment 141759

IQ4, out-of-focus sky at ISO 400, 100% size:
    Attachment 141760

IQ4, in-focus region at ISO 400, 100% size:
    Attachment 141761

Of course, it's possible that post-processing differences (over-sharpening of the Fuji images, which seems evident to me by examining the in-focus areas) account for the disparity. But still, I was surprised by the amount of ISO 200-400 noise given that these images appear to be official photos—some have GFX logos reflected in eyeballs, and they have that "I AM AN OFFICIAL TEST PHOTO" look. Also, the image compression of GetDPI's image attachments makes all four of the above images look worse than they do when opened on my computer.

- ISO 100 images on the GFX100 have very low noise.
    Last edited by Satrycon; 25th May 2019 at 05:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post

ALPA will show soon results during CineGear 2019 in Los Angeles .

Despite of all the specifications of the FUJI GFX 100 what does that camera (body) mean for ALPA users ? ? ?
    Technical Camera users know , that the production of copal shutters have come to an end .
    ALPA has therefore launched all current available lenses either with Rodenstock Electromechanic Shutter or the newest launch , shutterless . These shutterless lenses can be used by attaching them to the FPS module . That is my understanding so far .
    But what has that to do with the FUJI GFX 100 ?

The GFX 100 has a focal plane shutter , just like the FPS module .
    But it can also act as a 100MP digital back . So my idea is , that the GFX 100 could also act as an FPS module with a digital back in just one body . All that body would need , is an adapter to attach it to the ALPA CAMERA body . Possibly in the size of SB17 . That in turn would mean , that all SB17 lenses
    could be used . Shutterless or with copal shutter . Does that make sense ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

About the Jonas Rask full size files, he states,

"I don’t shoot brickwalls. I’m not a reviewer, I’m a photographer. Thats why I don’t do SOOC comparisons etc. You can probably find those elsewhere. Samples are jpegs that I have made minor adjustments to using Adobe Lightroom CC or Capture One. Since its latest update Lightroom support the RAF files, but while I had the camera it didn’t. So all the files are jpegs rendered by the camera. This is how I chose to use the camera, and it might differ somewhat from what you plan on using it for. I tried to test it in various settings, really pushing its capabilities."

Some people may have missed that. Some of the grain could be from the way Fuji does their jpegs (I am not familiar with that) or it could be Jonas deciding he'd rather do things like he does. I do not know...just throwing that out there. Some people are probably seeing those files without seeing them on his blog where he states that.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

jotloob

I use an Alpa with shutterless S-K 90/4.5 lens and now an IQ4150. FPS is not necessary as I use ES for all exposures even with my Copal lenses.

As for Fuji they also have ES or at least the GFX 50 series cameras do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    ALPA will show soon results during CineGear 2019 in Los Angeles .

Despite of all the specifications of the FUJI GFX 100 what does that camera (body) mean for ALPA users ? ? ?
    Technical Camera users know , that the production of copal shutters have come to an end .
    ALPA has therefore launched all current available lenses either with Rodenstock Electromechanic Shutter or the newest launch , shutterless . These shutterless lenses can be used by attaching them to the FPS module . That is my understanding so far .
    But what has that to do with the FUJI GFX 100 ?

The GFX 100 has a focal plane shutter , just like the FPS module .
    But it can also act as a 100MP digital back . So my idea is , that the GFX 100 could also act as an FPS module with a digital back in just one body . All that body would need , is an adapter to attach it to the ALPA CAMERA body . Possibly in the size of SB17 . That in turn would mean , that all SB17 lenses
    could be used . Shutterless or with copal shutter . Does that make sense ? ? ?
    My guess:
    an adapter with shift capabilites in only one axis that can be rotated (similar to the shift concept of Canons TS-E lenses).
    Alpas XY camera has shift capabilities in x and y-axis. The X in XO could stand for the X-Axis, the O for rotation. I see a kind of lever in the teaser image, and a segment of a circle in the lower right corner.
    Just a guess. But if that's true it would be interesting if there will be any electronic connection from lens shutter to the camera - and what lenses can be attached.

Regards - Marc

Post Thanks / Like

While I realize NOBODY reads Diglloyd s stuff due to his wild conclusions . He does perform excellent tests and supplies all the detail you could ask for in evidence . While much of his complaints may not be relevant to specific photographers ....he sometimes finds a GEM that can save lots of experiments .

His tests of the Fuji GFX system using Zeiss lenses Milvus and Otus show that the adapted lenses DO NOT perform well on the GFX . Since the same Zeiss lenses perform well as adapted into the L system ....he concludes that the sensor design (probably the sensor glass) is not a good match . I know when Zeiss makes lenses in native mounts they include the sensor glass in the lens formula and fine tune the lens to the intended mount .

I have no idea if this theory has been proven correct or incorrect ..but I would want to know before getting a kit of Zeiss OTUS lenses for intended use on a GFX body .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    jotloob

I use an Alpa with shutterless S-K 90/4.5 lens and now an IQ4150. FPS is not necessary as I use ES for all exposures even with my Copal lenses.

As for Fuji they also have ES or at least the GFX 50 series cameras do.

I thought of those photographers who don't own or can not afford a 50/100/150 MP digital back with
    ES but have the 100MP GFX on top of their wishlist .
    Also I think , that ES still is not the perfect solution for digital backs .
    Therefore to have a focal plane shutter and an ES in the GFX 100 is a great advantage .
    I am impatiently waiting to see what ALPA pulls out of the hat .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    While I realize NOBODY reads Diglloyd s stuff due to his wild conclusions . He does perform excellent tests and supplies all the detail you could ask for in evidence . While much of his complaints may not be relevant to specific photographers ....he sometimes finds a GEM that can save lots of experiments .

His tests of the Fuji GFX system using Zeiss lenses Milvus and Otus show that the adapted lenses DO NOT perform well on the GFX . Since the same Zeiss lenses perform well as adapted into the L system ....he concludes that the sensor design (probably the sensor glass) is not a good match . I know when Zeiss makes lenses in native mounts they include the sensor glass in the lens formula and fine tune the lens to the intended mount .

I have no idea if this theory has been proven correct or incorrect ..but I would want to know before getting a kit of Zeiss OTUS lenses for intended use on a GFX body .
    Roger

Thanks for your post . Can you please supply a link ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

he mentions capture one beta..so i assume a full version of C1 will come out soon with support for the GFX100

https://youtu.be/arGP59O50AY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Satrycon View Post
    he mentions capture one beta..so i assume a full version of C1 will come out soon with support for the GFX100

https://youtu.be/arGP59O50AY
    But alas not with tethered camera controls. Imperative for architectural photographers, for whom this camera would otherwise be perfect. So close....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh..i thought it works via C1 on a computer:

https://youtu.be/VTZ3L-qxWkM

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    But alas not with tethered camera controls. Imperative for architectural photographers, for whom this camera would otherwise be perfect. So close....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    It states here that the GFX50S/R are supported for both tethering and live view.

What makes you think the GFX100 won't be supported?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    Roger

Thanks for your post . Can you please supply a link ? ? ?
    www.diglloyd.com .....but its a subscription service and expensive ..you might find info in his blog posts about GFX but the illustrations will be behind his paywall . His commentary is hard to accept ...he is much too opinionated and can only apply his results to his quest for maximum image quality ....BUT ....he finds things that most review sites gloss over .
    Roger Dunham
    http://rogerdunham.com/
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    It states here that the GFX50S/R are supported for both tethering and live view.

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    My 50s does not support live view when tethered. There have been discussions regarding this and the onus is on Fuji to supply either C1 or Adobe with protocols for supporting those functions.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    Unfortunately only partially. The only variable that can be adjusted is aperture, so no shutter speed or ISO control, no bracketing, live view that cancels the ability to trigger the shutter. Not much use for professional architecture or interiors. From what I understand it’s a firmware issue on Fuji’s side, not the fault of the C1 team.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So it appears the yes/yes* on the C1 chart means that the * means no.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

www.diglloyd.com .....but its a subscription service and expensive ..you might find info in his blog posts about GFX but the illustrations will be behind his paywall . His commentary is hard to accept ...he is much too opinionated and can only apply his results to his quest for maximum image quality ....BUT ....he finds things that most review sites gloss over .

I've rarely read such a nonsense. The Fuji G 23mm F4 is outstanding. I would like to know which 35mm lens / camera gives far superior results, especially in the border areas (I laugh myself to death) - as described by diglloyd.

I can judge myself and make comparisons, since I have the GFX50s and IQ3 / IQ4 with various lenses.

The GFX is not all gold was glitters, the camera also has bugs and their problems - but what diglloyd has written does not correspond to reality.

Greeting Gerd

Post Thanks / Like

With regards to the GFX 23mm Chambers loved it in numerous blogs and then recently called the performance of that lens not capable of keeping up with a 50MP sensor........ now that's consistency!! All of this is easily searchable and not a part of his subscription service.

Victor
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gerd View Post
    I've rarely read such a nonsense. The Fuji G 23mm F4 is outstanding. I would like to know which 35mm lens / camera gives far superior results, especially in the border areas (I laugh myself to death) - as described by diglloyd.

I can judge myself and make comparisons, since I have the GFX50s and IQ3 / IQ4 with various lenses.

The GFX is not all gold was glitters, the camera also has bugs and their problems - but what diglloyd has written does not correspond to reality.

Greeting Gerd
    You obviously don t have subscription and therefore have not looked closely at the test photographs . Without testing with a specific objective in mind ..you only know that the results satisfy you . Fine for you but not nonsense or invalid .

I read his tests in detail and do not base anything of my conclusions on his “click bait “ blog posts .

Lets look specifically at the 23 GFX lens and his findings since you brought it up . His question is how will the 23 GFX lens perform on the next generation 100MP sensor . I consider the following to be as factual as it gets in lens testing .

1. The 23 relies on in camera profiling that reduces both distortion and aberrations . (FACT ) .

2. The in camera profiles when applied reduce the micro contrast in the corners (FACT ) a simple test of the files without profiles (only possible by avoiding LR ) compared side by side with the adjusted file . It has very little effect on edge contrast and can be seen primarily in the detail . You may not see it and you may also conclude its not important.

3. Files produced from a 100MP sensor show flaws that are not apparent at 50MP .

His point is that lenses relying on corrections in post processing may not be good enough when used on a 100MP camera .

IMHO its a valid concern if you plan on using the 23 on the 100mp GFX . You are correct in that most if not all MF wide angles rely on distortion corrections in post processing . So will the 23 be an excellent choice for the GFX 100 ....I think depends on the photographers specific requirements ....but you know what to look for ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    With regards to the GFX 23mm Chambers loved it in numerous blogs and then recently called the performance of that lens not capable of keeping up with a 50MP sensor........ now that's consistency!! All of this is easily searchable and not a part of his subscription service.

Victor
    You are correct ..his conclusions are all over the place . However if you read the test reports and you could understand the basis for his conclusions .......

He believes the loss of micro contrast caused by the post processing adjustments should be considered unacceptable by those seeking the maximum image quality possible from a given sensor . (and if you can see it at 50MP you will easily notice it at 100MP)

Based on the 5omP examples I can see the effect but do not believe it would be sufficient to keep me from the otherwise stellar image quality of the 23.

IMHO I think the trend toward more stiching (from longer lenses with minimum distortion ) and focus stacking to gain viable DOF will be needed by landscape photographers to produce maximum image quality from 100mp+ sensors.

Post Thanks / Like

He believes the loss of micro contrast caused by the post processing adjustments should be considered unacceptable by those seeking the maximum image quality possible from a given sensor . (and if you can see it at 50MP you will easily notice it at 100MP)
    The softening of the distortion corrections are a function of the sampling frequency, so I would expect the effect at 1.4x the sampling frequency would be about the same at a pixel level, and less at the same print size.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct ..his conclusions are all over the place . However if you read the test reports and you could understand the basis for his conclusions .......

Based on the 5omP examples I can see the effect but do not believe it would be sufficient to keep me from the otherwise stellar image quality of the 23.

IMHO I think the trend toward more stiching (from longer lenses with minimum distortion ) and focus stacking to gain viable DOF will be needed by landscape photographers to produce maximum image quality from 100mp+ sensors.
    Any lens that has to go through 'corrective' stages in post is bound to lose some quality. That's one of the reasons I stay away from most of the wides and the main reason I have kept my Schneider 35XL. But another issue I have in general with all lens testing is that the particular test is for a particular lens. That lens may be a great or not so great sample. Skewing is a major example of sample variation as it can appear in one copy and not the other. Focus shift is just the opposite as it is a design issue and if found in one sample will be in all samples. So it's best to beware of lens tests and know how to test for yourself.

Victor

Edit: I totally agree with your last sentence as I almost always use longer lenses stitched in portrait for landscape and have found focus stacking invaluable for DOF.

Post Thanks / Like

though the monster SL-50mm summilux, which apparently needs major corrections in camera still has gorgeous quality

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    Any lens that has to go through 'corrective' stages in post is bound to lose some quality..

Post Thanks / Like

though the monster SL-50mm summilux, which apparently needs major corrections in camera still has gorgeous quality
    This is an example of where DL hurts his credibility because his applies on his requirements to his lens tests . (This does not make his findings wrong but he frequently misses the intend of the lens designer in his conclusions ).

Full disclosure ....I am a huge Leica Fan Boy , I completely trust Peter Karbe the head of Leica s lens design . He would not produce a lens without it performing as he designed it . In addition I own the 50/1.4 SL as well as almost a dozen Leica standard lenses (M,S,SL) so I can view side by side files on my 5K iMac .

The 50/1.4 Sl was clearly designed for fashion portraiture work . The lens is designed to be used at wide apertures and to produce a beautiful aesthetic (bokeh ,tone separation ,color etc) . The edges rarely matter and even better if they appear smooth ..its the micro contrast in the central 50% of the frame that matters and the 50 1.4 SL excels in this .

It would not be a lens I would choose for high image quality landscape unless I wanted the aesthetic produced .

DL clearly shows this behind his paywall as does Sean Reid . He finds the lens unacceptable for landscape (if you require maximum image quality edge to edge ) but the very best lens for portraiture he has ever used.
    Roger Dunham

Post Thanks / Like

I am catching some serious criticism for my use of DL tests . Your loss .

My original post was just a heads up that adapted lenses MAY not work all that well on the Fuji GFX cameras . The test I referred to was using a 50/2 Zeiss MILVUS ..know as a very sharp lenses with a very flat plan of focus . I know on the HB X1D that Peter Coulson (may have spelled it wrong ) has used successfully the OTUS lenses for his fashion work ..they cover the full 33x44 sensor ,have a very flat plan of focus and are promoted by Zeiss as their best ever lenses . So my interest was peaked about using the same OTUS lenses on a GFX body (adapters exist ) .

The findings at DL clearly showed that ,at least with the 50/2 Milvus , the results were poor . (This is not a poor sample as its a reference lens DL uses to test cameras ) . Speculation only ........there is something about the sensor glass on the GFX bodies that is inconsistent with the adapted lens. For Sony bodies Zeiss modified their lens formulas to include the sensor glass .

I felt this was good to know IF YOU PLANNED TO USE ADAPTED LENSES ONLY ...

I found this a very important consideration as I quite like the rendering of the Zeiss OTUS lenses and since they appear to cover 33x44 ..they could find there way into my kit at some point in the future .
    Roger Dunham

Post Thanks / Like

I am catching some serious criticism for my use of DL tests . Your loss .

My original post was just a heads up that adapted lenses MAY not work all that well on the Fuji GFX cameras . The test I referred to was using a 50/2 Zeiss MILVUS ..know as a very sharp lenses with a very flat plan of focus . I know on the HB X1D that Peter Coulson (may have spelled it wrong ) has used successfully the OTUS lenses for his fashion work ..they cover the full 33x44 sensor ,have a very flat plan of focus and are promoted by Zeiss as their best ever lenses . So my interest was peaked about using the same OTUS lenses on a GFX body (adapters exist ) .

The findings at DL clearly showed that ,at least with the 50/2 Milvus , the results were poor . (This is not a poor sample as its a reference lens DL uses to test cameras ) . Speculation only ........there is something about the sensor glass on the GFX bodies that is inconsistent with the adapted lens. For Sony bodies Zeiss modified their lens formulas to include the sensor glass .

I felt this was good to know IF YOU PLANNED TO USE ADAPTED LENSES ONLY ...

I found this a very important consideration as I quite like the rendering of the Zeiss OTUS lenses and since they appear to cover 33x44 ..they could find there way into my kit at some point in the future .
    If i remember correctly Fuji uses a wider gap between the sensor and sensor glass to minimize the visibility of dust on the sensor glass. That could be a problem
    for lenses not taking care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting sensor details

https://youtu.be/bCIDiPx_sto

Post Thanks / Like

interesting sensor details

Wow looks like a terrific application of the new 100MP 33x44 sensor . Since its not available yet ..no way to determine how adapted lenses will perform .. Its quite different from the 50MP sensor .

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

As an outsider looking in....since at present the IBIS cannot be used simultaneously with IS turned on in their stabilized lenses, I assume most will choose IBIS in such situations? additionally if they eventually through firmware allow both IBIS and lens stabilization work together, 1ould there be any advantage to using IBIS alone?

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very interested indeed to see test shots illustrating the high ISO noise and DR performance of this camera. My 645Z does extremely well for astro shots, but if the noise were better on this body (or even just as good at a pixel level, making it better at any given print size, given the higher resolution), that would be most interesting.

I guess I will have to wait to find such a test!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use Mamiya 645 adapted lenses on my 50R with great results (I use C1) even on their fisheye which is REALLY wide. I do not know why this lens works so well, but it does on the 50MP sensor. If I end up with a Fuji 100MP some day it will be one of the first "adapted" lenses I will try.

As for all the back and forth about DL, IMHO he dislikes Leica bodies and mostly Leica lenses with few exceptions, very much likes Zeiss glass ever since they invited him to Germany to their factory along with Ming Thein and on occasion dismisses comments made by blog readers, but selectively publishes those favoring his opinions. Perhaps those with differing opinions don't want their comments published where he could rip you another---you know what. With all of the above I take his comments like a grain of salt even though some of his click-bait analysis seems interesting.

As for analysis I prefer Sean Reid over DL, but with a warning that some of SR's analysis can be boring even though complete and he uses older non-mainstream lenses for his Leica tests. SR has done extensive analysis on Fuji 50MP bodies and most of their lenses making $50/year a minor expense in my annual photo budget (which my wife says I don't budget at all). Thinking back she's probably right.

Another site I respect is Jim Kasson's blog where he has published over 100 articles regarding rhe Fuji 50. He often talks way over my head, but I still very much enjoy reading the articles I understand. I like how Jim's comment section allows one to read all comments made about a specific article without editing out comments contrary to his position or opinions.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow looks like a terrific application of the new 100MP 33x44 sensor . Since its not available yet ..no way to determine how adapted lenses will perform .. Its quite different from the 50MP sensor .
    Agree. I believe the biggest benefit besides IBIS is the BSI sensor. I use a BSI sensor in the IQ4150 and I can appreciate the benefits of this BSI from the "old" IQ3100 non-BSI when procesing images in C1.

Post Thanks / Like

Temptation...sigh......https://youtu.be/XJ2QoHlXOHY

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/AAV2AODJS-Q?t=279

Agree. I believe the biggest benefit besides IBIS is the BSI sensor. I use a BSI sensor in the IQ4150 and I can appreciate the benefits of this BSI from the "old" IQ3100 non-BSI when procesing images in C1.

Post Thanks / Like

Would the IBIS mechanism be under strain to keep the sensor parallel if it were pointed downwards constantly, like say on a copystand?

Post Thanks / Like

why would you switch on IBIS if the camera is mounted to a stand ?

Post Thanks / Like

why would you switch on IBIS if the camera is mounted to a stand ?
    Satrycon,
    So are you saying that if IBIS is deactivated then the unit itself has no “play”? But also say they do add pixel-shift which requires the IBIS and the camera is on a copystand?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JK12 View Post
    Satrycon,
    So are you saying that if IBIS is deactivated then the unit itself has no “play”? But also say they do add pixel-shift which requires the IBIS and the camera is on a copystand?
    For a moment I was confused and thought I was in a Panasonic S1(R) thread.

There is - to the best of my knowledge - no “pixel shift” feature on the GFX100.

FWIW, on the Panasonics, when you activate High Resolution mode (pixel shift), IBIS is disabled with regards its ability to counter movement of the camera, and devoted to the necessary pixel shifting functionality to quadruple the resolution of the image taken.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Post Thanks / Like

SO- does the IBIS mechanism hold the sensor parallel or would it sag or be strained if pointed downward for extended periods of time? Thanks you guys.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

SO- does the IBIS mechanism hold the sensor parallel or would it sag or be strained if pointed downward for extended periods of time? Thanks you guys.
    Don't know, BUT if you are on a tripod it probably should be disabled since it seems it was included for hand held work.
    Found a video satrycon listed which at one point shows how you use IBIS and/or OIS.

Last edited by algrove; 30th May 2019 at 11:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Probably works similar to any other IBIS system on the market.

Never had any problems pointing the Z7 or X-H1 down.

This will be Fuji’s 2nd IBIS design implementation.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

its a surreal question...

anyways, based on my XH-1 street experiences, i never keep IBIS on continuous, but on "shooting only", saves a lot of battery life too. i think of it like keeping continuous AF on and the lens has a mind of its own wherever one points the camera or if its dangling around while walking...so i never keep IBIS on continuous

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    I would be very interested indeed to see test shots illustrating the high ISO noise and DR performance of this camera. My 645Z does extremely well for astro shots, but if the noise were better on this body (or even just as good at a pixel level, making it better at any given print size, given the higher resolution), that would be most interesting.

I guess I will have to wait to find such a test!
    fuji said the iso performance will be better than the gfx50s sensor, no wonder, its MUCH newer sensor technology.
    it should be similar to the noise performance of the phase one ix? camera, which uses the same sensor.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

drevil

Just to be clear when you said "uses the same sensor"referring to the GFX100, I assume you were referring to the new BSI technonlogy not sensor size.

Post Thanks / Like

drevil

Just to be clear when you said "uses the same sensor"referring to the GFX100, I assume you were referring to the new BSI technonlogy not sensor size.
    Phase One’s iXM-100 aerial camera uses a BSI 43.9x32.9mm, 11664x8750 resolution sensor.

Whether or not it is the same sensor as the Fuji I have no idea (very small differences in resolution).

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phase One’s iXM-100 aerial camera uses a BSI 43.9x32.9mm, 11664x8750 resolution sensor.

Whether or not it is the same sensor as the Fuji I have no idea (very small differences in resolution).

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    It’s the same.
    Christopher Hauser
    http://www.chauser.eu

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    So then it is possible for a small upgrade on a 50MP Fuji especially with it having BSI. Wonder if it has PDAF?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to guess that the IBIS in the GFX100 will function much like my X-H1. That being the case, even when IBIS is turned off, it is still “powered up” when the camera is turned on - which positions the sensor accurately, and “holds it in place,” even though it won’t be moving to stabilize the image. Eg., you can’t clean the sensor with the camera turned off because the sensor will “move around.” So, you power up the camera but turn the IBIS off so that the sensor is “held still in place” for cleaning.

So, I suspect the answer to the orientation question is that with the camera on, it doesn’t matter which way the camera is pointed, re up, down, straight-down, etc., because the sensor is being “held in place” using it’s suspension system even if IBIS is not active. Hope that makes sense.

Rand

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wonder if it has PDAF?
    it does!