The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 100

gerald.d

So it’s finally out. https://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/gfx/fujifilm_gfx100/

I already placed an order months ago, can’t wait to get mine. For me especially IBIS will be a game changer.

Most is as expected. Don’t care for the Large format crap, that I was more expecting from a different company ;)
Extremely impressive camera.

Just a shame there is no multi-shot capability - Panasonic did a great job on the S1R, it's a shame the GFX 100 doesn't have a 400MP trick up its sleeve :p

clonardo

Amazing specs and price point, but to me the ergonomics look a bit questionable. After trying out "the brick" (the GFX 50R), I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the weirdly blocky grip until I can hold it for myself. Also, I get that it's a different class of camera than something like the GFX 50S, but the loss of physical controls isn't to my taste. Why must everything be a multi-function dial and gesture, in a flagship camera where a few dollars worth of switches is an immaterial cost?

f8orbust

Extremely impressive camera.

Just a shame there is no multi-shot capability - Panasonic did a great job on the S1R, it's a shame the GFX 100 doesn't have a 400MP trick up its sleeve :p
Fuji has such a good track record of adding functionality via firmware updates that I wouldn't bet against this appearing at some point if the hardware can be 'talked' into doing it.

Christopher

Just got the Alpa mail as well. Any idea what specifically it’s about?

I’m pretty sure multi shot will come soo.

Paul2660

Problem with multi shot will be support. C1 never did support the K1 pixel shift. LRs support was less then stellar.

Hopefully if Fuji does bring it out the solution will allow for some subject movement

Hopefully Fuji will ship with fully functional firmware unlike some other companies new releases.

Paul C

gerald.d

Problem with multi shot will be support. C1 never did support the K1 pixel shift. LRs support was less then stellar.

Hopefully if Fuji does bring it out the solution will allow for some subject movement

Hopefully Fuji will ship with fully functional firmware unlike some other companies new releases.

Paul C
FWIW, Capture One supports the Panasonic S1R multishot just fine, and Panasonic’s in-camera processing of the single output RAW file when there is movement between the 8 individual shots borders on wizardry.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

gerald.d

Just got the Alpa mail as well. Any idea what specifically it’s about?

I’m pretty sure multi shot will come soo.
If multi-shot was coming soon, it’s a strange thing not to mention at launch.

Re the ALPA tease, what makes most sense is a simple adapter to integrate the Fuji into to ALPA 12 platform.

It would take very little to replace an FPS+MFDB with the Fuji, and to be honest very challenging to argue why you would not want to do exactly that.

All it needs is a Fuji G body to ALPA 12 adapter and you’re sorted.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Satrycon

the sensor already shifts..so in theory they could activate multi shot later via firmware.

If multi-shot was coming soon, it’s a strange thing not to mention at launch.

Re the ALPA tease, what makes most sense is a simple adapter to integrate the Fuji into to ALPA 12 platform.

It would take very little to replace an FPS+MFDB with the Fuji, and to be honest very challenging to argue why you would not want to do exactly that.

All it needs is a Fuji G body to ALPA 12 adapter and you’re sorted.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

gerald.d

the sensor already shifts..so in theory they could activate multi shot later via firmware.
Hi -

Yes I appreciate that, but there is a lot more to delivering multishot than simply having the physical capability of shifting the sensor. Whatever is going on inside the S1R to create the 187MP RAW file in around 20 seconds or so is extremely complex.

At the risk of repeating myself, if it was remotely on the mid-term horizon (6-12 months), I’m extremely surprised that it wasn’t mentioned.

Don’t want to derail the thread on a minor thing, so I will leave it there.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Paul2660

FWIW, Capture One supports the Panasonic S1R multishot just fine, and Panasonic’s in-camera processing of the single output RAW file when there is movement between the 8 individual shots borders on wizardry.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Glad to see they got it right with Panasonic.

As for a pixel shift type solution in the Fuji 2 months ago Fuji was implying it could be done on the GFX100 since it has a Bayer pattern sensor. In one of the slides from months ago Fuji had it listed as a possible future enhancement. So they are thinking about it. Odds are they will wait to see how well sales go. Also Fuji does tend to bring large feature enhancements via firmware to products after launch.

Time will tell.

More interested in seeing raw files once a converter supports them.

Paul C

tcdeveau

Looking forward to seeing how the launch goes and what everyone does with it!

Also very curious to see what Alpa’s announcement was all about. Hoping for a Fuji G adapter for the Alpa 12 system that allows for use of SB17 lenses at infinity

Steve Hendrix

Looking forward to seeing how the launch goes and what everyone does with it!

Also very curious to see what Alpa’s announcement was all about. Hoping for a Fuji G adapter for the Alpa 12 system that allows for use of SB17 lenses at infinity

Today's Alpa news was just a teaser, but if everyone can be just a little patient, there will be more details very soon.

Patient???? :bugeyes:

I know, what am I thinking?

Steve Hendrix/CI