The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Repair of Leaf Aptus 22

MartinN

I have an Leaf Aptus 22 that has developed malfunction. The back says 'Insert storage card' and the card writing LED blinks red when inserting a CF card of any age and size. The firewire powers the back but there is no connection to Leaf Capture software. What I understand the 'firewire board' is defect. However, I want very much repair this back but I think the only solution is to wait for some electronics guru to start servicing old backs.

fotophil

I recall reading discussions on changing the internal battery but it sounds like you may need parts. At the age of the back, Leaf may not even offer repair service. The combination of poor parts availability, absence of service manuals and complicated circuits may make purchasing another used back a cheaper solution. Good luck

Zhong Jian

Hello
I experienced exact same issue on one of my Leaf Aptus 75 with V mount. I got another working one on eBay.
I exchanged the corresponding components of two identical backs with each other, and finally found which PCB board caused this issue you mentioned. It's the PCB board with Power PC CPU.
After I changed this broken board with working one, the issues you mentioned disappeared completely.
So the easiest way to repair it is to get an Ebox of this back and change the broken one with the working one. Of course, if you want to do, you can just change the Power PC PCB board only.

Hope this helpful.

Last edited: