The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Introducing Harper Kay Peterson

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I've been off the forum for a couple weeks and am glad to announce the bundle of joy that caused said lapse:

harper-kay-peterson.jpg

I'll be back at work "as usual" starting again tomorrow. Though I may be less likely to make after-hour posts or bat-signal-like response times I've maintained over the last 11 years of posting to this forum. Of course, I'm always reachable by email/phone if someone is trying to reach me here and doesn't get an immediate reply.

Allow me to take a chance to contribute my two cents to the more interesting threads all at once:

- Perspective is solely determined by camera-to-subject distance. This is commonly misunderstood – enough so that it slipped by in a recent post my team made; I'll have that corrected. Separate and apart from that, I do find I compose different kinds of shots when I use different format sizes and aspect ratios.

- Phase One warranties that cover repair of factory defects carry with the serial number. Notably such repairs are maybe 10% of the service/support calls that we answer as a dealer, and post-purchase service/support is only part of the value we offer to our clients.

- XF Feature Update #4 Service Update 2 is pretty minor. Hopefully it's the last of such minor updates prior to a more significant update!

- The GFX 100 looks like a nice addition to the world of medium format digital. I congratulate Fuji and am excited for what is clearly now the end of the start of a new era for medium format! The IQ4, GFX100, the Hassy X series comprise the strongest lineup of options I've seen in this sector in a long time, each with strengths and weaknesses.

dchew

Doug,
Wonderful! Harper is beautiful. Congratulations to you and Brittany!

Dave

danlindberg

Congratulations! I have two daughters that are 17 and 14 years old. Just saying because it feels very 'recent' we were in the same position! Trust me, in a blink of an eye, she will turn 15......in other words, enjoy the journey :clap:

jng

Congratulations to you and your wife, Doug! May your growing family bring you much joy in the coming years.

John

D&A

Congratulations to you and your wife Doug. It's a wonderful journey to a lifetime of cherished memories.

Dave (D&A)

Steve Hendrix

Congratulations Doug, to you and Brittany.

It's early, but Harper appears fun-loving, highly intelligent and ... cute!

Love the name.

Steve Hendrix/CI

darr

Congratulations Doug to you and your wife. Beautiful name and lovely photo of your little girl.
Be good to your wife as it is not always an easy adjustment for us ladies too!

Kind regards,
Darr

PSon

Congratulation to you and the family. Life is so precious and this May 21, 2019 is also very memorable for me.
Best Wishes,
-Son