The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Lens Case

felix5616

Does anyone here use foam cases with cutouts for cambo lenses? How do people here store and transport their cambo lenses?

Pemihan

I just store them in a ICU together with all the other stuff. For the 32HR I have cut a strip of flexible foam which I wrap around the lensbarrel for extra stability, but all the other lenses are fine as is.

kdphotography

I use small ICUs in a backpack when traveling when my Cambo (sometimes a Pelican, but rarely). When at home or if I need more protection on the road, I use Lowepro or Ruggard lens cases for each lens. Nominal investment for excellent protection.

drunkenspyder

ICUs in the Pelican or Shimoda roll aboard. Depending on the configuration, and what else I am carrying, I may use the yellow padded dividers or the TrekPak if, for some reason, ICUs are wasting space. I am not a fan of Pick & Pluck foam; tried but just couldn't love it. My carry inventory changes too frequently. I do use Novoflex neoprene wraps and OpTech lens cases for the Cambo lenses as well.

Not quite related to your question: Heading to NZ this next week, and I had planned to use ICUs in the new Pelican 1535 [finally, a handle on the "top"—w00t!]. Normally, I flatten my Shimoda backpack and zip it inside the lid of my checked bag, and then transfer the ICUs to the backpack on arrival. But for some reason, the ICUs were not working well inside the 1535; something about the plastic case molding was causing too much wasted space [not a problem with the Shimoda roll aboard, which is a handy piece of luggage, but not quite a Pelican], and the Shimoda ICUs are pretty stiff to the point of inflexibility. So, on a whim, I decided to try to fit the entire yellow padded insert in the Shimoda 40L. Voila! it fit snug as a bug, and is flexible enough to not waste space at each end of the Pelican. So, that's what will go in the Pelican, and that's what will be transferred to the backpack for walkaround. Here is what it looks like filled with Hassy & Phase One kit I am taking; no tech cam on this trip, though I may let my self-discipline slide and put the WRS400 & Rodie 32 in my carryon. If I do that, I will wrap them in Novoflex neoprene wraps [the blue things in the first picture below].

IMG_2719.jpegIMG_2721.jpeg

Inventory:
Phase IQ4.150 in padded case
Phase XF w/ WLF [no prism]
Phase 40-80
Phase 35
Phase 150/3.5
Hassy X1D
Hassy 21
Hassy 30
Binocs
Voigtlander 15 [not shown in this pic but it fits]

In the padded top: a laptop, batteries, memory cards, cables and the Formatt High Tech 85mm filter kit for the Hassy. WCC 150 kit carried separately for the trip but fits inside the top of the Shimoda backpack.

felix5616

ICUs in the Pelican or Shimoda roll aboard. Depending on the configuration, and what else I am carrying, I may use the yellow padded dividers or the TrekPak if, for some reason, ICUs are wasting space. I am not a fan of Pick & Pluck foam; tried but just couldn't love it. My carry inventory changes too frequently. I do use Novoflex neoprene wraps and OpTech lens cases for the Cambo lenses as well.

Not quite related to your question: Heading to NZ this next week, and I had planned to use ICUs in the new Pelican 1535 [finally, a handle on the "top"—w00t!]. Normally, I flatten my Shimoda backpack and zip it inside the lid of my checked bag, and then transfer the ICUs to the backpack on arrival. But for some reason, the ICUs were not working well inside the 1535; something about the plastic case molding was causing too much wasted space [not a problem with the Shimoda roll aboard, which is a handy piece of luggage, but not quite a Pelican], and the Shimoda ICUs are pretty stiff to the point of inflexibility. So, on a whim, I decided to try to fit the entire yellow padded insert in the Shimoda 40L. Voila! it fit snug as a bug, and is flexible enough to not waste space at each end of the Pelican. So, that's what will go in the Pelican, and that's what will be transferred to the backpack for walkaround. Here is what it looks like filled with Hassy & Phase One kit I am taking; no tech cam on this trip, though I may let my self-discipline slide and put the WRS400 & Rodie 32 in my carryon. If I do that, I will wrap them in Novoflex neoprene wraps [the blue things in the first picture below].

View attachment 142054View attachment 142055

Inventory:
Phase IQ4.150 in padded case
Phase XF w/ WLF [no prism]
Phase 40-80
Phase 35
Phase 150/3.5
Hassy X1D
Hassy 21
Hassy 30
Binocs
Voigtlander 15 [not shown in this pic but it fits]

In the padded top: a laptop, batteries, memory cards, cables and the Formatt High Tech 85mm filter kit for the Hassy. WCC 150 kit carried separately for the trip but fits inside the top of the Shimoda backpack.
What case holds the IQ4 Back?
leo

drunkenspyder

I'll place bets the MFDB is in the black case in the upper left.

Very handy MFDB zippered case. It's like a lens pouch but in a squarish shape for MFDBs.
Yes, mine is just like that, only with a Mamiya Leaf logo, and it is in the upper left in the pic. My dealer gave it to me after drowning one Trichromatic and cracking the display on another. :eek:

Last edited: