The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does anyone have any experience on RZ67 II adapter digital back?

pianorabbit

Hi there

I want to buy a Phase one P25 digital back or a Mamiya ZD back for my RZ67 II,I was saw many many sample photos shot by 645 body with both digital back,but none for RZ67 II adapter to the digital back.

Fortunate I found out 6 photos shoot by RZ67 II with P25,but these are too less to know how the effects on RZ67 body.from these 6 photos I saw the photos are softer than 645 body.Depth of field also good than 645 body.But I can't sure is that true or nor.So Does anyone have any experience on RZ67 II adapter digital back?

This URL are RZ67 II with P25.It looks when iso goes to 400,ZD back is better than P25

P25 with RZ67 II
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VsTYACRNpmMGM4YY7

Mamiya ZD back with 645
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ERSaJdjDAtZL4Lvu7

Last edited:

steve_cor

The thing you said about ISO 400 is not true. Shots at ISO 400 will have too much noise. The base ISO of the ZD back is 25. You would want to stick with ISO 25, 50, and 100.

--Steve.

pianorabbit

The thing you said about ISO 400 is not true. Shots at ISO 400 will have too much noise. The base ISO of the ZD back is 25. You would want to stick with ISO 25, 50, and 100.

--Steve.
nope,I don't care about the noise.film also have the noise even 120 portra 400.
but it looks P25's 200 iso will be broken the picture, it looks the picture were be tear up
ZD's 200 even 400 looks available,but ZD's color looks so strange

Steve Hendrix

nope,I don't care about the noise.film also have the noise even 120 portra 400.
but it looks P25's 200 iso will be broken the picture, it looks the picture were be tear up
ZD's 200 even 400 looks available,but ZD's color looks so strange

ISO 400 on both of those backs is not about the noise so much as it is the loss of detail. Since you mentioned softness of image and detail then seems important to you, I'm not sure these are good considerations. I wouldn't use either one at ISO 400 unless all focused subject matter was natively RGB 128 and higher. Of course, the price might be right (if you are committed to using Mamiya RZ and budget cannot go higher).

Steve Hendrix

pianorabbit

ISO 400 on both of those backs is not about the noise so much as it is the loss of detail. Since you mentioned softness of image and detail then seems important to you, I'm not sure these are good considerations. I wouldn't use either one at ISO 400 unless all focused subject matter was natively RGB 128 and higher. Of course, the price might be right (if you are committed to using Mamiya RZ and budget cannot go higher).

Steve Hendrix
Thanks.Compare to the details,the atmosphere is more important for me.I have 5DSR,I also like the feeling of RZ67 shot,so I'm consider a old digital back.the reason for I haven't considered a new back is,the new back would be more and more similar to the new digital camera like 5DSR,(My friend have been prove it for me,he show me 2 IQ40 raw file for me) so I'm trying to know the old back on 67 body