The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H3DII-31 DB LED flashing

GeekAndProud

I attempted to use a CR123a grip with modern li-ion batteries(3x 3.7v) with my H3DII and it seems to have caused issues with the back. The body works fine but the back no longer functions and the LED flashes red.

I have been informed that it could be something simple or the entire PCB may need replacing.

If spare parts can be located does anyone have a ballpark figure on how much the repairs are?

dave.gt

I attempted to use a CR123a grip with modern li-ion batteries(3x 3.7v) with my H3DII and it seems to have caused issues with the back. The body works fine but the back no longer functions and the LED flashes red.

I have been informed that it could be something simple or the entire PCB may need replacing.

If spare parts can be located does anyone have a ballpark figure on how much the repairs are?
First question: I have no idea what 3.7v batteries are when the CR 123a batteries are listed as 3v. If there is that much voltage difference (2.1v total), have you re-installed the regular rechargeable grip and tried that?

Second question: Have you contacted Hasselblad for input? They may have seen this before.

And, please note that these battery grips are backwards-compatible with new firmware:

https://www.adorama.com/hsbgr72vn.html

GeekAndProud

These are the batteries I used, I actually got them from Amazon UK but they have mysteriously dissapeared: https://www.walmart.com/ip/keenston...-Pack-for-for-Arlo-Security-Cameras/484644941

I have tried with the original 7.2v 1850mA grip and i still have the same issue.

I contacted the guys at ClassicV to see if they repair older H bodies but they do not and I was informed that Hasselblad no longer offer repairs for the H3DII.

I am in contact with Jimmy from b23 and will most likely be sending the back to them. I was just curious if anyone had had this issue before and could shed some light on possible repair costs

GeekAndProud

Quick update, after comparing the output from the contacts on the body with both batteries and re-attaching the back again the back now works fine?

A cautionary tale I guess; be mindful of what you use to power these older cameras.

Props to Jimmy at b23!