The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lenses for actus

Massive Si

I'm investigating getting a tech camera for my IQ350, and I am gravitating towards the actus db system

I am keen to keep costs down, at the expense of final image quality for now. It's hard but the kids also need shoes and a bit of food once in a while
This is why I think the actus would be my best bet

This will be for 100% landscape photography, so something wide needed.

What lens options do I have for the actus-db?

Thanks
Simon

Last edited:
Depending on how thrifty you want to be, you can find some great older lenses at bargain prices. The Rodenstock APO Grandagon/APO Sironar Digital 35, 45, 55, and 90 are all excellent performers with big image circles, so lots of room for shifts and panos. The APO Sironar Digital 105/5.6 is harder to find but gets a nice resolution bump over the 90. None of them are resolution monsters like Rodenstock's latest lenses and you might lose a tiny bit more to diffraction since they all need f8 before they're at their across-the-frame best. Still, their best is pretty damn good. 65mm and up, Fuji and Nikon also had some killer film offerings that work well. I've got a Fuji EBC 75mm that I love.

Otherwise, just be careful and remember that you need a 55mm IC at minimum (no shifts).