Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

I am excited to see this announcement. 50MPixel is fine as far as I'm concerned, the new modular body and updated digital back that can be used with my existing V system equipment as well as XCD lenses make great sense. It all looks simple and clean, sensible and lacking in the gizmo stuffing of other offerings. I like that. A modular system is what I love about Hasselblad and this carries that meme forward.

Whether I end up buying in or not is more a matter of where I go with my photographic aims over the next year or so. But this gear looks just right.

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Si View Post
    so what are the reasons to go from an X1D to and X1DII?
    Not many reasons to upgrade unless you have been concerned about responsiveness .. However ....if you were on the fence between a Fuji 50R and the X1D ....the new price is very competitive . So I believe this will continue to attract NEW buyers to Hasselblad . And new customers will need a few lenses .

Interesting product positioning ..they went for lower cost instead of trying to justify a large premium . My bet is this will be a good product strategy for Hasselblad .
    Roger Dunham
    http://rogerdunham.com/
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For me , all anounced components is good news and shows the famous HASSELBLAD compatibility .
    It is just awesome . I guess , i will have a sleepless night .
    I have spoken to my dealer and I am the first on the list for the new CFV II 50c digital back .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Does anyone have any clue how the new CFV back attaches to a tech camera and specifically the Arca Swiss rm3di; also is it compatible with a wide angle lens on a tech camera
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    Does anyone have any clue how the new CFV back attaches to a tech camera and specifically the Arca Swiss rm3di; also is it compatible with a wide angle lens on a tech camera
    Stanley
    It should attach with the (hopefully still) available V rear adapter plate. Note that until recently, there were MFDBs on the market sold in the V mount, with some still floating around on the used market. Hopefully/presumably the new back has the electronic shutter feature.

Assuming the sensor is the same "old" 50 Mp Sony sensor found in the previous CFV50c and IQx50, issues with lens cast and cross talk with symmetrical wide angle lenses will remain. But at least the physical limitations imposed by the X1D and GFX's flanges should be eliminated.

John

Post Thanks / Like

The problem, for me, is that after 3 years, this represents a barely-appreciable step forward with no relevant expansion in capability. Convenience- sure, it's faster than the original X1D, which was needed. But now that the specs are available, it's still got contrast-detect AF, which is pretty much a dealbreaker for me, and while I don't really need or want more resolution, the fact that even higher-res 35mm-format cameras are on the horizon makes this a really tough value proposition.

It's an old sensor in a warmed-over package, which only delivers the performance that the X1D should have launched with (had Hasselblad not been in dire financial straits at the time and unable to develop an ASIC to drive the operation of the camera).

The price point of the X1D II wouldn't be quite so insulting if it had a single compelling new feature. That said, I am going to the Hasselblad NYC studio tonight to check out the new body, and will reserve final judgement until I've had a hands-on. After selling my H4D-60 in anticipation of this launch, I'm going to order something (and that GFX 100 is looking real good right now), I just don't want it to be a $6k camera that's a disappointment from day 1. From a system perspective and for my needs, the best portrait lens for the $10k Fuji is about $2500, or $2k lightly used. The best portrait lens for the Hasselblad is $5k. So, the price is pretty much a wash, and I vastly prefer the leaf shutter, but the shooting envelope of the Fuji would be vastly improved with IS and a modern sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    OK, boys and girls: what's the situation?

You want 50MP in a small package? You have the X1D I or II
    You want 50MP in a medium package? You have the GFX 50S/R
    You want 100MP in a large package? You have the GFX 100
    You want 150MP in a larger package? You have Phase One.

You want a digital SWC, now you have one - the tilt screen gets you something the X1D with 21mm can't deliver.

You want to use Leica S glass? You'll probably get an update of > 60MP.

I see nothing to complain about here. If you can't get spectacular world class results from these options, the problem isn't the equipment.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    Stanley
    I imagine since it's compatible with V-system bodies, all you need is the Arca V-system adapter plate (https://www.digitalback.com/product/...pter-plates/)?

Regarding wide-angles, it should be just as compatible with wide-angles as any of the other existing backs with the 50mp sony sensor (old CFV-50c, HxD-50c, IQx50).

I imagine we'll have more info at a later date. Too bad we don't know all we need to know now and that it's not ready to ship.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really dislike the 50R because the ergonomics don't work for me (brick-like grip and tether via the bottom? no thanks), and the AF is really substandard. The AF is likely to similarly substandard in the new X1D II, because it's also contrast detect. But, Fuji keeps coming out with these killer package deals, and you can buy an open box GFX 50R for something like $3300 from B&H or Adorama. I've seen private sellers let mint ones go for less. The price difference in lenses between Hasselblad and Fuji is pretty huge: Fuji's 110/2 is vastly less expensive than Hasselblad's 80 or 135mm options, for one very clear example (yes, the leaf shutter means they'll cost more, but we're talking about competing on price in this case). They're all fine cameras, I'm sure, but this was a lazy update by Hasselblad, after so long.

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Not many reasons to upgrade unless you have been concerned about responsiveness .. However ....if you were on the fence between a Fuji 50R and the X1D ....the new price is very competitive . So I believe this will continue to attract NEW buyers to Hasselblad . And new customers will need a few lenses .

Interesting product positioning ..they went for lower cost instead of trying to justify a large premium . My bet is this will be a good product strategy for Hasselblad .

Post Thanks / Like

Substandard AF ?

Quote Originally Posted by clonardo View Post
    I really dislike the 50R because the ergonomics don't work for me (brick-like grip and tether via the bottom? no thanks), and the AF is really substandard..

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I tried it with the 110/2, and found it to be slow and tentative compared to either my H4D or A7R III. This has been echoed in a number of reviews online. But I'm sure it's fine for other uses, it seems like an awesome landscape camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Satrycon View Post
    Substandard AF ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm not disappointed in the announcement and have already placed my order for the X1D II and will pre-order the XCD 35-75mm zoom. My X1D 4116 will stay in the kit. I love it. I've had it (the 4116) since January 2017 and pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced in 2016. It's a member of the family now.

My wish list for the X1D II had been:

• At least 3.69 million dot EVF
    • Faster CPU
    • Faster AF
    • Joystick for moving the AF point
    • 100 MP (not essential)
    • Higher resolution rear LCD
    • Better battery performance
    • XCD 35-75mm zoom lens

I'm not disappointed in the absence of the 100MP sensor. For my needs, 50MP is enough. I can hand hold the camera and get sharp photographs, with exceptional color rendering, with the 50MP sensor. With 100MP, even with IBIS, I doubt that my hand-held keeper rate would be high. The one item on my list that I regret not having is the joystick for moving the AF point. Having used the Fuji GFX 50S, 50R and more recently the Nikon Z7 and Z6, a joystick for moving the AF point is an enormous advantage (for me).

Hey, the Mark II has built-in GPS. What more could a guy ask for? And that wasn't even on my wish list.

In my case, the Fuji GFX products are not an option. I briefly owned the GFX 50S and many of the GF lenses, and tried the GFX 50R on for size. The weight and bulk were just too much for me to handle comfortably. The GFX 100 would be even less "old guy friendly". Plus, the elegant simplicity of the X1D makes it a joy to use.

One of the less obvious things about the announcement is the nomenclature. Naming the camera X1D II 50C keeps the option open for an X1D 100C in the future (later this year?). This announcement relieves some pressure from current owners and prospective buyers and gives Hasselblad some breathing room. I expect the Sony 100MP sensor will show up in both the X and new CFV product in the not too distant future. Stay tuned (and patient).

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

“With 100MP, even with IBIS, I doubt that my hand-held keeper rate would be high.“

I don’t understand this comment. Would you care to explain why not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    I can hand hold the camera and get sharp photographs, with exceptional color rendering, with the 50MP sensor. With 100MP, even with IBIS, I doubt that my hand-held keeper rate would be high.
    Increasing the sensor resolution and leaving everything else the same will not result in blurrier images at the same print size with the same amount of camera shake.

Jim
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. And on top of this fact, the newer Sony IMX461/411 sensors offer about one full stop of better high ISO noise performance than the 2015-2016 50 MP sensor in the X1D (mark 1 and mark 2), meaning you actually can get sharper photos with the new sensors than with the older backs simply because you can shoot at half your usual shutter speed. That’s certainly the case from my experiences comparing my handheld IQ3-100 photos to my handheld IQ4-150 frames, and I now routinely shoot the IQ4 handheld with an 80/2.8 lens at 1/250 or 1/400 in low ambient light when I can’t use additional lighting without worrying about noise, settings that gave me much noisier results with the IQ3-100.

Quote Originally Posted by JimKasson View Post
    Increasing the sensor resolution and leaving everything else the same will not result in blurrier images at the same print size with the same amount of camera shake.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

The emperor's new clothes. Iam quite disappointed in the time they took to come up with this. No new sensor, so no improved AF. But most of all it gives me little confidence to finally commit to the system. I understand that they can't and shouldn't try to keep up with Fuji, but these cameras should be teasers to bridge the time it takes you to develop something new. I would be more at ease if the announcement of the CFV would have included a new sensor, at least that would give more faith for the future. The R+D is still busy with the old tech, so new tech is not even on the horizon yet.

The money invested can't be enormous, but neither can the profits be, since two of the announced products. The 907 might sell decently for what it is, but there are not that many selling points for it over the X1D, which is more allround and not that different in size or weight. It is lovely though, which will work in its favor, like it did for the X1D.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am very surprised and rather disappointed.

I think I will probably be moving on from the X1d to the GFX 100.

It is not the MP count for me it is the AF system. The X1d AF cannot handle a basic moving target and I was hoping that pdaf would help the case I have kids and I use my camera for them and would have liked a camera that could handle minimal movements with AF at least.

It is a bit of a mixed bag for me because I don't really like the bulk of the whole gfx line.

The 3.69 Mp viewfinder is also a bit lacking in the modern age when we have 5 MP viewfinders available.

This camera is honestly I feel 2 years too late for the improvements it offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me as one of the disappointed ones. Mostly because, to me, and this is only my opinion and YMMV, this announcement suggests to me that Hassy’s long term future remains in doubt.

I actually like the new iteration of the camera. I bought a new original model just a few months ago, and I got a fantastic deal on it, so the new price point does not bother me. I think the new price point is a good thing if it attracts new owners to the platform. But I don’t think it will. New MF owners are likely to be driven primarily by the same “features wars” that have irreversibly infected the FF market. And Hassy is non-competitive on that field. But the II is still a very elegant camera. And I think Austin Mann’s review captures its attraction well. Just won’t be enough.

So why am I gloomy about Hassy’s future? Three things, and they may seem silly on the surface, but they resonate with me as a business person:
    1. Hassy’s website front page currently touts the shutter release cable and dual battery charger as some kind of big deal. Yawn. Embarrassing.
    2. Hassy’s descriptions of the new II features are embarrassingly modest, including their reference to “full resolution JPEGs.” Wow. How....whelming. Austin’s review notwithstanding, and with due respect to Joe’s discussion below, there is simply not that much to tout here that shouldn’t have been done 18 months ago. And apparently, still no live histogram? Really. In a mirrorless camera. I hope I am wrong about that.
    3. This from Hassy’s own website demonstrates that someone there cannot tell the difference between their a$$ and the proverbial sedimentary canyon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC1631E8-23A9-43A3-9EE9-CA55930657F0.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	142401

I love my X1D. I am just about to board my plane home from NZ where I shot it side by side with my Phase, and enjoyed both. I am actually likely to order the new II and give my original to my wife. But I am not part of the market that will drive Hasselblad’s future success. I have no real clue what that market might be, or what they think it is. The thing that gives me a little hope is, surprisingly to me, the 907. As I am reading more about the 907, it might end up making sense, and it may be where Hassy is going to put a modern 100mpx sensor. That tilting screen is no slouch.
    Last edited by drunkenspyder; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:41.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems risky to announce a new camera and a new back using the 5 yo sensor. How long is this sensor going to be around before Sony retires it? The life cycle of this camera can't be expected to be very long.

Post Thanks / Like

This camera should have been released with the GFX 50R, not 2 years after the 50R.

Post Thanks / Like

The challenge for smaller firms like Hassy and Leica (even if there are deep pockets behind them) is to figure out how to tap into tradition, while at the same time, resonate with the new buyers. In fact, they have two markets to serve: those who know what they used to make and like it, and those that are new, possibly flush. The newer audience is of a different generation, more demanding and less patient.

Knowing they can't keep up with Fujis of the world, this then becomes an allocation game: where to put the limited funds they have to both hold the interests of their two markets as well as build for the future. And they don't always get it right - look at Leica's odd mix of cameras: some work really well, and some less successful. And Hassy doesn't have the luxury to get it wrong.

In this regard, the smart play is the 907 and the CV50 II. The back works for older V cameras as well as the 907. V, H or X lenses are usable. Lots of flexibility - even if a bit retro, it's seductive. Heck, I don't have a V camera, and I'd be tempted to get a 500 just to work with it. Depending on its price, the back could be a big hit.... and if the 907 isn't too expensive, it becomes their version of the Alpa TC.

What then of the X1D II? Two story lines are possible: one is that the new X1D, while decent, doesn't compete in features, rather just with size and profile. Hassy is trying to hold their identity as portable and higher design profile. With modest pricing, it holds its own, but nothing more. More lenses get sold, Hassy's toehold is preserved, but its a bit disillusioning to the more impatient.

Alternatively, consider that perhaps the new X1D has the needed "under the hood" improvements for any future upgrade to 100mb sensor, which was not possible now for whatever reason. In that sense, one could see the X1D II as a play for time (a year or so?), assuming they can deal with all the internet chatter that the sky is falling. To me, this feels like a smart allocation of limited resources and energy, and overall, is a pretty smart strategy.

Don't know which of these two versions is real. Both are possibilities.
    www.gigi-photos.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
    It seems risky to announce a new camera and a new back using the 5 yo sensor. How long is this sensor going to be around before Sony retires it? The life cycle of this camera can't be expected to be very long.
    It's an upgrade of the previous camera at a lower price. What's not to like? Like all digital cameras, it will continue to work long after Sony discontinues the sensor. Life cycle is not the same as GAS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I did not expect that.... it looks like DIJ has no real interest in investing the money needed. Or Hasselblad has a strange sense of new products. Don’t get me wrong an updated version would have been great as addition to a X1D 100
    Christopher Hauser
    http://www.chauser.eu

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    “With 100MP, even with IBIS, I doubt that my hand-held keeper rate would be high.“

I don’t understand this comment. Would you care to explain why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimKasson View Post

Jim
    Understood. But choosing a 100MP camera (over a 50MP alternative) isn't about "the same print size". If you're printing 8x10" glossies for weddings, for example, even a 50MP camera is overkill. Likewise, displaying images on a website or in online forums doesn't require 50 or 100MP. But if one is shooting with a 100MP or 150MP device for end uses that require 100MP or 150MP, at the pixel level, camera movement makes a difference given the same sensor size. It's simple physics. IBIS helps considerably and I would welcome it. At age 71, I'm better able to assess my personal capabilities and limitations than most camera manufacturers and forum posters. I do thank you for your encouragement though and will continue to enjoy the hand-held goodness of my 50MP X1D 4116 and soon my 50MP X1D II 50C. YMMV.

Joe

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I must have missed Fuji’s small 1.6 lb camera with a 100MP sensor. No? Well, certainly, they’ve had years to get it into their GFX S/R bodies, right? ... No?

Well what’s everyone complaining about?

Thermodynamics cannot be cheated.
    mattgraysonphoto.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Alternatively, consider that perhaps the new X1D has the needed "under the hood" improvements for any future upgrade to 100mb sensor, which was not possible now for whatever reason. In that sense, one could see the X1D II as a play for time (a year or so?), assuming they can deal with all the internet chatter that the sky is falling. To me, this feels like a smart allocation of limited resources and energy, and overall, is a pretty smart strategy.

Don't know which of these two versions is real. Both are possibilities.
    The problem is Hassy, like most smaller camera companies, doesn't release new products frequently. So even if their next X-series release is a X1D-100c with the 100 MP BSI sensor, it will likely be available to consumers long after (>1 year, and probably >2 years after) the Fuji GFX100 and the Phase One IQ4, two systems with current-generation sensor technology, have been available. Two years from now, Fuji and Phase will be using whatever IMX5xx sensor is considered cutting edge, and once again we will hear (legitimate!) complaints that Hassy is still two years behind the state-of-the-art if they release a IMX461-based X2D then.

The only way to truly catch up to substantially superior current-generation sensors is to incorporate them into your next camera *before* they become last-generation sensors. Fuji and Phase did so. Hassy did not.

I would be thrilled if Hassy released in 2019 an X2D or CFV that uses a current-generation BSI sensor. I would be willing to pay $40k+ for a true digital V system with a 53x40 BSI 150 MP sensor, digitally cropped to a 113 MP square, with autofocus and full XCD lens compatibility. But I'm not holding my breath, given the past schedule of new Hasselblad releases. So a more realistic hope is that Hassy's X2D or V1D that might be released in a couple years leapfrogs ahead of the IMX4xx sensor technology and goes directly to the IMX5xx (or whatever is cutting edge at the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    I must have missed Fuji’s small 1.6 lb camera with a 100MP sensor. No? Well, certainly, they’ve had years to get it into their GFX S/R bodies, right? ... No?

Well what’s everyone complaining about?

Thermodynamics cannot be cheated.
    Don’t believe that’s the problem. Fuji certainly will bring a smaller version without IBIS. We will see what will come. However, especially on the cfv it would have been a great sign to show Hasselblad is actually working on the new stuff. Or any sign of the H series.
    Christopher Hauser
    http://www.chauser.eu

Post Thanks / Like

On a positive note, the wait for the XCD 35-75 Zoom has been long and for many, painful. However, the very good news is that the wait has apparently been worth it based upon what Hasselblad claims it will deliver in optical quality. According to the press release announcing the zoom, its chief designer, Per Nordlund, declares it to be the ‘best zoom lens available on the market,' offering the same edge-to-edge image quality as a series of prime lenses. He also claims it is the best lens it has ever developed. I don't know if it will surpass the Fuji GFX 32-64mm zoom, but if the XCD zoom just matches it, that will make me very happy. The Fuji zoom is an amazing lens. I am sure that was Hasselblad's target.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I waited but wait no longer, this will complement my Q2 nicely
    Neil
    My all NEW Website can be seen HERE

Post Thanks / Like

As a V system user (203FE) that could not (yet) upgrade to the X1D, I love the 907x and CFV-50CII announcement. If I have the fund, I could start with the digital back, then add the 907x and a 20mm XCD lens to get a true SWC experience. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

And really, it does not cost Sony much of anything to keep fab'ing old sensors. There are a lot of fabs out there, so they just find one with the right geometry and just keep on making them....

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there already a CFV 50C I? How is the new back different?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    As a V system user (203FE) that could not (yet) upgrade to the X1D, I love the 907x and CFV-50CII announcement. If I have the fund, I could start with the digital back, then add the 907x and a 20mm XCD lens to get a true SWC experience. Love it.
    That is exactly what I thought as well and I will start with the CFV II 50C . I hope it will be available soon .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Tilt screen, touch control, and the ability to mate with the 907X and use 20mm XCD to have a SWC ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    It will have an e-shutter? I am guessing and can attach xcd lenses. And probably the new interface.

Honestly all these changes they have announced could have been implemented years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    The battery is now integrated into the back of the CFV-50c II, whereas with the 1 is hung off the bottom like a wart. IMHO it's a pretty big deal for tech cam users, and 500 series users as now the back no longer has a battery hanging off the bottom.

Screen on the CFV-50c II is better with a touch screen, it also articulates which is a plus for 500 series users that use the WLF and for tripod use.

Presumably it also has electronic shutter, where as the CFV-50c I did not.

It also has a body that works with XCD lenses, whereas it is not clear yet if the CFV-50c I will work with the new body.

Post Thanks / Like

Tilt screen, touch control, and the ability to mate with the 907X and use 20mm XCD to have a SWC ;-)

I do love the looks of that camera, and the back would be perfection if it had a BSI sensor. As it stands, I get better results from my 50MP CCD back than the first gen CMOS sensors on my tech lenses, even though I have to resort to ground glass for focusing.

Still, maybe if this sells well for Hassy, we'll see a CFV-100c in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Understood. But choosing a 100MP camera (over a 50MP alternative) isn't about "the same print size". If you're printing 8x10" glossies for weddings, for example, even a 50MP camera is overkill. Likewise, displaying images on a website or in online forums doesn't require 50 or 100MP. But if one is shooting with a 100MP or 150MP device for end uses that require 100MP or 150MP, at the pixel level, camera movement makes a difference given the same sensor size. It's simple physics. IBIS helps considerably and I would welcome it.
    I plan to use the GFX 100 on a camera stand most of the time, so the IBIS is unimportant to me. But for handheld photography without IBIS, if you can handhold a shot at, say, 1/250 second to your satisfaction with a 50 MP 33x44 mm sensor, you'll see the same pixel-level motion blur at 1/(250*sqrt(2)) = 1/350 second all else equal with a 100MP sensor of the same size.

Jim

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Near as I can tell, the CFV II 50 and the 907X together weigh almost exactly the same as the X1D. While the handgrip will add something, it's a surprisingly light package!

Post Thanks / Like

Well now we know why the supply of X1d's dried up. They took all the ones they produced and put a new cpu / evf in and called it the X1d ii.

Post Thanks / Like

Alpa MAX • WA • STC • TC | Arca RM3DI | HR23 HR32 HR50 | SK120AA SK210 | IQ250 • P45+ | Travel and Wild Photographer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boinger View Post
    This camera should have been released with the GFX 50R, not 2 years after the 50R.
    Not saying that Hasselblad is lightning fast with new releases, but, FYI the GFX 50R was released November 2018, 7 months ago...

Post Thanks / Like

Fujifilm has no competition.
    Photo Blog: darrlene.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    That'd be sad if it were true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clonardo View Post
    Yes, I tried it with the 110/2, and found it to be slow and tentative compared to either my H4D or A7R III. This has been echoed in a number of reviews online. But I'm sure it's fine for other uses, it seems like an awesome landscape camera.
    its actually the the 110 thats slow...the other lenses are fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freaklikeme View Post
    That'd be sad if it were true.
    I take Darr to mean that Fujifilm has no competitor product in the same space as Hasselblad ~_o They have different products.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who want what Fuji sells, you are correct. For those who don't, you are incorrect. The world of photographers is filled with people with vastly different priorities from one another. Personally, I like it that way. Others, not so much. They find it threatening, I guess because they aren't comfortable with their own choices.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stonebird View Post
    I think I like this, but I am not sure.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, let me see. <checks bag and insurance schedule; finds no Fuji products> Yes, that’s hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Who makes a medium format camera with IBIS?
    Who makes a 100 megapixel mirrorless camera?

I own a couple of Hasselblad systems and a CFV50c back.
    I want to see Hasselblad succeed, but I am disappointed in their medium format mirrorless offerings when I see what else is out there.
    I am disappointed in their new back -- a larger screen and its flippy -- not a game changer in my book; the same sensor.

Like all things in the new age of Hasselblad, I wait patiently and keep my fingers crossed.

Darr
    Photo Blog: darrlene.com

Post Thanks / Like

Where have I seen that before??

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

davechewphotography.com