The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

tcdeveau

A 33x33 crop from the 100MP chip would give the 75MP square image of the V1D, so .... perhaps? :toocool:
Not sure if it's for me but I thought the V1D concept was pretty sweet! There are a decent amount of ppl out there that seem to want square and don't want 100mp, so that could be a sweet spot for a lot of ppl looking at the X1D or looking to upgrade their X1D.

I also can't help but think its evidenced too by the caption "see our legacy become your future". If the V system isn't their legacy then idk what is.....

:watch::watch::watch:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Now the image circle of the XCD lenses will support a 39x39mm square chip. That would fit inside the "full frame" 645 chips used by Phase One and Hasselblad... That would give, if my math is correct, a 97MP crop from the 150MP sensor...

... and cost a whole lot more than the 33x44 chip ...

Matt

Oh, and the 21mm lens on even a 33x33mm chip is already wider than the SWC. On a 39x39mm chip? :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Now the image circle of the XCD lenses will support a 39x39mm square chip. That would fit inside the "full frame" 645 chips used by Phase One and Hasselblad... That would give, if my math is correct, a 97MP crop from the 150MP sensor...

... and cost a whole lot more than the 33x44 chip ...

Matt
I never cared to do the math, but I was under the impression that the initial V1D concept did take a 75mp crop from the 40x54mm 100mp chip of the H6D-100c/IQx100....cost-wise I'm not so sure the "crop from the larger sensor" approach makes sense, though. I know they're coming up on the lunar anniversary but I hope they can keep the cost of whatever they announce within the stratosphere :)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Good Lord! A chip large enough to crop square, vertical, or horizontal without moving the camera would be spectacular. With the XCD lenses, you could do it!

Dream on, Matt :D:D:D

Satrycon

"Iconic Scandinavian design" [from instagram]....that's the V system i guess..not the X body.

could also simply be a digital 75mp SWC, but who knows maybe the "leaked" photo of the deeper body X1d is actually the real thing..102MP + IBIS

gmfotografie

wait wait I got it...

new V1D System with 150mp (H system no more supporting)
X1D MK2 - 50 MP with improvements
New X1D zoom
release date for the new X1D Charger

tcdeveau

release date for the new X1D Charger
I FINALLY received my X1D dual battery charger last week after a 3-month wait. It's pretty neat. A lot more compact than I expected, seems to function like you'd expect. Still waiting on my release cord X that I ordered at the same time....

My expectations for tomorrow are pretty modest. Improved X1D (I'm in the 100mp-expecting camp) with usability improvements and similar form factor to current X1D, and possibly the zoom. Anything else is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

onasj

I agree that the final teaser photo and tag line make a V1D much more likely! And since the photokina preview of the V1D explicitly said 75 MP square of a 100 MP sensor, I hope they choose the new (gfx100) Sony 100 MP BSI sensor.

I assume the first two teaser photos are of the X1Dm2, and not of the V1D. So two new cameras (both X mount) and a new lens? ❤

danlindberg

I have no clue what they are going to show, but if it is a square 75mp V1 thingy, then I'm in deep trouble. I divorce, rent out the kids, sell all my clothes, plan something criminal, lie to everyone or whatever it takes....a V1 on the Alpa Plus...are you kidding!!! That's the ultimate! (alright, an V1 achromatic is the ultimate, guess it never ends)

onasj

The key question IF they release the V1D is what sensor?

The options from worst to best, in my opinion:

Old 50 MP 33x44 FSI sensor (used in the X1D)
Old 100 MP 40x54 FSI sensor (used in the IQ3 and H6D-100)
New 100 MP 33x44 BSI sensor (used in the GFX100)
New 150 MP 40x54 BSI sensor (used in the IQ4)

Can X mount lenses cover a 40x40 (56.6 mm-diagonal/diameter) image circle?
Note that this diameter is only a touch larger than the 54.8 mm diagonal of a 33x44 sensor, which we know the X lenses can cover. If so, or even if they just digitally crop the tiny 6% of the perimeter area that isn’t covered, then the last option would give a 113 MP (or 106 MP with a 6% crop) square image—that product would likely come with a free divorce for many of us! If Hasselblad pulls this off, it will be a brilliant way to get 33x44 “crop format” MF lenses to work on (squared) 40x54 sensors!

If not, then the best I can hope for is a 33x33 crop (75 MP) of the 100 MP BSI sensor in the GFX 100.

Last edited:

cerett

Can hardly wait. If there are significant improvements to the current X1D, 100mp or not, I will sell my H6D-100c. I love my Sony mirrorless and am now willing to go mirrorless all the way around. Any advice on where to sell? Thanks.

dchew

Wouldn't a 40x40 sensor technically be a cropped sensor from P1's standpoint? Would they open C1 to such a product?

Crazy, rampant speculation is indeed fun.

Dave