The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Wouldn't a 40x40 sensor technically be a cropped sensor from P1's standpoint? Would they open C1 to such a product?

Crazy, rampant speculation is indeed fun.

Dave
With their support for Fuji G, but none for Hassy nor Leica S, P1 has abandoned their pretense of supporting other companies’ products by sensor size alone. C1 support is for sale. Fuji paid up. H and L didn’t.

richardman

Why not think differently? Everyone is looking at what Sony has on their site, what if Hasselblad commission them to re-configure their high end sensors as... 44x44, for a V1D? Then it could be cropped as 44x33 or remain a square. Yes, I know "reconfigure" a sensor is not a thing, and it still takes design work and manufacturing changes, but the point is Sony can keep the same geometry and associated electronics and fab it in the same places, so in theory, could be a less costly investment.

onasj

Why not think differently? Everyone is looking at what Sony has on their site, what if Hasselblad commission them to re-configure their high end sensors as... 44x44, for a V1D? Then it could be cropped as 44x33 or remain a square. Yes, I know "reconfigure" a sensor is not a thing, and it still takes design work and manufacturing changes, but the point is Sony can keep the same geometry and associated electronics and fab it in the same places, so in theory, could be a less costly investment.
A fair point, but I presume that fabbing a new sensor is a major endeavor, with major associated up-front costs, probably beyond what Sony would be willing to put at-risk given the niche nature of square aspect ratio photography (we are very atypical photographers and enthusiasts!).

I'd be interested in a CFV-100C...
Wouldn't that be great?

And it's probably not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe we're actually going to see three new products. The X1D direct successor, which seems obvious since they discontinued the 50c. Then a CFV-100C stand alone or as the back on a V1D.

anyone

I very much would like a CFV100. And even better, a square one! Well, one can dream. Cropping doesn't do the trick to me. Ever since I changed away from my fat pixel square back I've been missing it.

I liked the Hasselblad social media advertising "see our legacy become your future", together with a V-system like picture. I really do start to hope!

jduncan

:watch::watch::watch::watch::watch::watch::watch::watch::watch::watch:

For some reason I am enjoying the Hasselblad countdown clock!:thumbup:
I am not,
I am eating my fingers, begging that they introduce, not something fantastic,
but competitive.
I am concern about the "our legacy is our future" stuff,
Dropping the. H will be a nightmare, even more so if they are unable to put the lenses in the market on time.

Let see what happens. Personally I will like to see a fantastic update to the X platform, but I am keeping my own advise and keeping my hopes pretty low.

Best regards,

onasj

I don't understand why people suddenly think that Hassy might drop their H system? I didn't see anything in the teasers to suggest that. Or is this concern a long-term one predating the V1X/X1Dm2 speculation?

The V1X prototype shown at Photokina used XCD lenses and my (hopefully correct) math in my post below suggests that a V1X that uses a square crop of the 53.4x40 mm sensor WILL have the squared sensor covered (or almost covered) by XCD lenses.

Crossing my fingers for 12 more hours...

MrSmith

Is it me? Or does this look like a digital back? Hmmmm...

https://www.instagram.com/p/By2a8Sth2NH/
It looks like a card or accessory flap styled as a dark slide from a 120 back.
I’m sure a lot of people would like to see some kind of hybrid/modular/mirrorless back that fits old 500 series cameras as well as a new slim body to work with current XD lenses and be under £10k but I expect there will probably be a few dissatisfied HB fans after the announcement when their ideal camera isn’t announced.

onasj

Hasselblad's latest instagram teaser photo (https://www.instagram.com/p/By2a66VHDOQ/) clearly shows:

1) A leather (or faux-leather) body, not smooth or textured synthetic black or silver as the X1D bodies are. Just like the classic V (500) bodies.

2) Chrome or brushed steel edge trim. Just like the classic 500 bodies.

3) A modern H logo on the side of a camera with an angled rear face. Just like the V1D prototype (https://fstoppers.com/gear/returning-their-square-roots-hasselblad-v1d-4116-concept-146926).

4) The tag line "See our legacy become your future."

How could this not be a V1D? Pinch me.

fotophil

I don't understand the desire for a CFV-100C Back. The Hasselblad V Series Lenses probably do not support high resolution digital backs so why is the CFV-100C a likely candidate for the Classic Hasselblad Series? In my experience the CVF-50C doesn't even work well with the Classic Hasselblad SWC. The market for a CFV-100C Digital Back might be a technical camera accepting V digital backs but Phase already produces high resolution backs for technical cameras. I guess we will know shortly!

drevil

Staff member
contax 645 lenses still easily support 80mp backs, so why shouldnt 100 work?
the results of my 80mm F2 on the gfx (same pixel size as the iq180 if i remember correctly) are stunning and makes you wonder why you need phase one and their quite expensive schneider lenses

as for the teasers, looks like its not going to be only one product we gonna see

SrMphoto

Somebody reported a "leak" from a Hasselblad dealer: an improved X1D and the zoom. Only 8.5 hours left to speculate wildly ;-).

fotophil

How do you fit Contax Lenses to a Classic Hasselblad Body? I doubt that Hasselblad would build the CFV 100C Back to fit Contax.