The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

JeRuFo

My guess is a new X1D with 100 megapixels, the zoom and a modern iteration of a 500C film camera body to celebrate 50 years in space.

drevil

Staff member
i was talking about contax 645 lenses on the gfx, since the hasselbad V lenses were/are nearly identical to the c645 lenses (yes c645 were quite updated) i dont see the issue here why there shouldnt be a CFV back with 100mp

M

mjr

As a huge fan of all things photography related, I really hope Hasselblad release a version of that V1X, what a beautifully designed thing that is, the world would be a better place with that floating around. I can't see how it would fit with my own photography requirements but that doesn't matter at all, I'd be happy knowing it was out there.

Whatever they release I wish them well, and those who buy enjoy their new kit, that's what it's all about ultimately isn't it?

Mat

I don't understand the desire for a CFV-100C Back. The Hasselblad V Series Lenses probably do not support high resolution digital backs so why is the CFV-100C a likely candidate for the Classic Hasselblad Series? In my experience the CVF-50C doesn't even work well with the Classic Hasselblad SWC. The market for a CFV-100C Digital Back might be a technical camera accepting V digital backs but Phase already produces high resolution backs for technical cameras. I guess we will know shortly!
It sounds like Phase has abandoned the 44x33 sensors so, Hassy may be the only chance tech camera users see a reasonably priced back with a BSI sensor. I doubt it will happen, but they've done crazier things so, there's always hope.

drevil

Staff member
It sounds like Phase has abandoned the 44x33 sensors so, Hassy may be the only chance tech camera users see a reasonably priced back with a BSI sensor. I doubt it will happen, but they've done crazier things so, there's always hope.
its not a secret that phase doesn't offer 44x33 backs anymore, also the reason why they opened Capture One for the GFX files, since now its not a direct competitor anymore

vieri

...well, it should have a built-in battery though, using the current H digital back with tech cameras is far from ideal IMHO :)

Best regards,

Vieri

vjbelle

I haven't seen anything about a 100mp camera or 150mp back. Please provide a link.....

So far the only link shows a black camera with the 50mp sensor.

Disappointing so far......

Victor

pegelli

If true I think a lot of people might welcome the zoom, but will probably not be happy with the camera:
translation said:
Continuing the tradition of unrivaled and award-winning design of the first generation of cameras, the updated X1D II 50C is a compact and powerful mirrorless medium format camera equipped with an excellent 50 megapixel CMOS sensor in a compact and lightweight package.

Christopher

I really hoped for more... even though I am invested in the GFX I wanted something really bold from Hasselblad. There is nothing better for the camera market than good competition. I fear the GFX100 got none to day.

Massive Si

X1D II 50C
COMPACT. POWERFUL. ENHANCED.
Packed into the award-winning design of the first generation, the X1D II 50C continues to keep medium format photography portable with its compact build. Its upgraded electronic platform includes an enlarged 3.6-inch touch display and an enhanced EVF, a faster live view refresh rate, and an intuitive and even quicker user interface control. Connection via USB-C or Wi-Fi to Hasselblad’s Phocus Mobile 2 allows for the ultimate, on-the-go workflow from camera to iPad Pro. And with a huge range of high-quality optics to shoot with, including XCD, HC/HCD, XPan and V System Lenses, the creative possibilities are endless.

https://www.hasselblad.com/x1d/