The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

Boinger

Wasn't there already a CFV 50C I? How is the new back different?
It will have an e-shutter? I am guessing and can attach xcd lenses. And probably the new interface.

Honestly all these changes they have announced could have been implemented years ago.

tcdeveau

Wasn't there already a CFV 50C I? How is the new back different?
The battery is now integrated into the back of the CFV-50c II, whereas with the 1 is hung off the bottom like a wart. IMHO it's a pretty big deal for tech cam users, and 500 series users as now the back no longer has a battery hanging off the bottom.

Screen on the CFV-50c II is better with a touch screen, it also articulates which is a plus for 500 series users that use the WLF and for tripod use.

Presumably it also has electronic shutter, where as the CFV-50c I did not.

It also has a body that works with XCD lenses, whereas it is not clear yet if the CFV-50c I will work with the new body.

Tilt screen, touch control, and the ability to mate with the 907X and use 20mm XCD to have a SWC ;-)

I do love the looks of that camera, and the back would be perfection if it had a BSI sensor. As it stands, I get better results from my 50MP CCD back than the first gen CMOS sensors on my tech lenses, even though I have to resort to ground glass for focusing.

Still, maybe if this sells well for Hassy, we'll see a CFV-100c in the future.

JimKasson

Understood. But choosing a 100MP camera (over a 50MP alternative) isn't about "the same print size". If you're printing 8x10" glossies for weddings, for example, even a 50MP camera is overkill. Likewise, displaying images on a website or in online forums doesn't require 50 or 100MP. But if one is shooting with a 100MP or 150MP device for end uses that require 100MP or 150MP, at the pixel level, camera movement makes a difference given the same sensor size. It's simple physics. IBIS helps considerably and I would welcome it.
I plan to use the GFX 100 on a camera stand most of the time, so the IBIS is unimportant to me. But for handheld photography without IBIS, if you can handhold a shot at, say, 1/250 second to your satisfaction with a 50 MP 33x44 mm sensor, you'll see the same pixel-level motion blur at 1/(250*sqrt(2)) = 1/350 second all else equal with a 100MP sensor of the same size.

Jim

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Tilt screen, touch control, and the ability to mate with the 907X and use 20mm XCD to have a SWC ;-)

Near as I can tell, the CFV II 50 and the 907X together weigh almost exactly the same as the X1D. While the handgrip will add something, it's a surprisingly light package!

Boinger

Well now we know why the supply of X1d's dried up. They took all the ones they produced and put a new cpu / evf in and called it the X1d ii.

Satrycon

Yes, I tried it with the 110/2, and found it to be slow and tentative compared to either my H4D or A7R III. This has been echoed in a number of reviews online. But I'm sure it's fine for other uses, it seems like an awesome landscape camera.
its actually the the 110 thats slow...the other lenses are fine

hcubell

Fujifilm has no competition.
For those who want what Fuji sells, you are correct. For those who don't, you are incorrect. The world of photographers is filled with people with vastly different priorities from one another. Personally, I like it that way. Others, not so much. They find it threatening, I guess because they aren't comfortable with their own choices.

darr

Who makes a medium format camera with IBIS?
Who makes a 100 megapixel mirrorless camera?

I own a couple of Hasselblad systems and a CFV50c back.
I want to see Hasselblad succeed, but I am disappointed in their medium format mirrorless offerings when I see what else is out there.
I am disappointed in their new back -- a larger screen and its flippy -- not a game changer in my book; the same sensor.

Like all things in the new age of Hasselblad, I wait patiently and keep my fingers crossed.

Darr

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Who makes a medium format camera with IBIS?
Who makes a 100 megapixel mirrorless camera?

I own a couple of Hasselblad systems and a CFV50c back.
I want to see Hasselblad succeed, but I am disappointed in their medium format mirrorless offerings when I see what else is out there.
I am disappointed in their new back -- a larger screen and its flippy -- not a game changer in my book; the same sensor.

Like all things in the new age of Hasselblad, I wait patiently and keep my fingers crossed.

Darr
Who makes a medium format camera that weighs 5 lbs with 3 lenses?
Who makes a medium format camera with a 21mm lens?

We all have different priorities.

Matt

PeterA

That CFV11 looks very retro cool and given the size of the body - may well have enough 'space' to incorporate a larger sensor in due course - definitely an interesting design offering. Price reduction of XID makes it a far more competitive product - Hasselblad continue to score points win over everyone else as far as design goes for the 50MP MF bodies. I'm a Fuji shooter now in > 35mm chips land - but doesn't stop me from admiring the Hasselblad form factor(s). Unfair to compare the Hasselblad offerings to Fuji 100MP. If I was buying a 50MP kit today - Hasselblad are doing just fine from where I'm sitting. Problem is a lot of 35mm systems are going to hit the same resolution/MP targets sooner rather than later - again for rendering I personally prefer the larger image circle of Fuji/Hasselblad to 35mm offerings - from anyone.

Fuji doesn't have 'competition' in 100MP offering right now- they are just the facts - doesn't matter how anyone wants to spin it to the contrary - the price point for performance is the offer along with Capture One compatibility - for me anyway. However - kudos to Hasellblad for their design - simply beautiful in my book - very tempting just for that re 50MP file sizes for photography.