The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Godfrey

I hear ya, Dave, but I sort of suspect that there may be enough Hasselblad 500 series reflex bodies and lenses in the world already to satisfy the demand for them, and people buying into the system new are more likely to want XCD lenses and the all digital solution instead anyway. With a short body stub like the 907x, the flip up rear screen isn't so much different in use than the WLF on a 500CM ... I suspect as well.

The X1D body type and the modular back/body/lens setup are simply two entirely different takes on how to build a camera. Prices aside, it's best to pick the one that fits what you have and what you want to do. As much as I like the X1D body ... I really liked it the very first time a saw one, about a year from its introduction, and still do ... I already have a full V system and a back/body stub/XCD lens setup makes much more sense to me for what I'd like to use it for. Hasselblad has preserved the value of my existing lenses and bodies by releasing this back, and given me a way forward to the new lenses as well.

The only question is whether I'll spend the money. :)

G

richardman

Yes, I'm sure there's enough V cameras and accessories out there to satisfy demand. Hence in one of my replies, I mentioned that if Hasselblad were to restock parts and guarantee services, that would be awesome.

Godfrey

Yes, I'm sure there's enough V cameras and accessories out there to satisfy demand. Hence in one of my replies, I mentioned that if Hasselblad were to restock parts and guarantee services, that would be awesome.
Indeed, yes. Which reminds me that I really should send my 500CM and Sonnar 150/4 to Dave Odess for a CLA sometime soon. It's been many years since that body, lens, or my Distagon 50 were maintained.

G

tjv

I'm holding my breath until Hasselblad confirm that it has a sync port to connect tech lenses with copal shutters... If they assume electronic shutter is the only they're seriously misguided.

Other than that perhaps unwarranted concern, I love this new camera!

Shashin

Any word on weather sealing? (With 907 and XCD lens, of course)

By the looks of the back and body design, there is no weather sealing. It is just a copy of the V-mount connection, which has a grooved design, but no gasket. I assume if the lens has a gasket, weather proofing would at that connection. But the good news is the camera would fit in a sandwich bag. A bit of type and boom: weather proof!

UPDATE: scratch that. It looks like the interface on the mount could be made from silicon rather than metal (on the body). The odd thing is is only encompasses some of the connections between the body and back.

richardman

I don't know why people would guess there's no sync port, it's literally a $.30 part or whatever ;-)

HDMI, OTOH, is "interesting" because they removed that in the X2D! My guess is that we will not see HDMI in the production units.

biglouis

My dream combination, 503, 50mm Distagon, CFV II 50c.

However, I want both my kidneys so I guess I'll have to pass.

LouisB

tjv

I don't know why people would guess there's no sync port, it's literally a $.30 part or whatever ;-)
Because they didn’t mention it in press release, plus they didn’t originally think people would want a cable release for the X1d on first release. Plus their integration with field technical cameras hadn’t exactly been great in the past (talking HD series backs here,) with external batteries via cables, etc.

Great the above pic shows the ports though! Very happy about that.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Because they didn’t mention it in press release, plus they didn’t originally think people would want a cable release for the X1d on first release. Plus their integration with field technical cameras hadn’t exactly been great in the past (talking HD series backs here,) with external batteries via cables, etc.

Great the above pic shows the ports though! Very happy about that.
But in the press release was mentioned , that the CFV II 50c back would not only fit most V-System cameras but also technical cameras as well as view cameras using the appropriate adapters .
That requires a sync port . I don't think the CFV II 50c will have an electronic shutter .

dave.gt

I hear ya, Dave, but I sort of suspect that there may be enough Hasselblad 500 series reflex bodies and lenses in the world already to satisfy the demand for them, and people buying into the system new are more likely to want XCD lenses and the all digital solution instead anyway. With a short body stub like the 907x, the flip up rear screen isn't so much different in use than the WLF on a 500CM ... I suspect as well.

The X1D body type and the modular back/body/lens setup are simply two entirely different takes on how to build a camera. Prices aside, it's best to pick the one that fits what you have and what you want to do. As much as I like the X1D body ... I really liked it the very first time a saw one, about a year from its introduction, and still do ... I already have a full V system and a back/body stub/XCD lens setup makes much more sense to me for what I'd like to use it for. Hasselblad has preserved the value of my existing lenses and bodies by releasing this back, and given me a way forward to the new lenses as well.

The only question is whether I'll spend the money. :)

G
Yes, Godfrey,

As usual, I totally agree with you!:) I guess my only problem is trying to consolidate to one system.

Using the new 907 body and only live view on the back screen somehow misses the point for me, though.

For me, after being house-bound for a very long time, I would prefer one final tour on the Blue Ridge Parkway in my long-gone old MGB/MG-TD (rag tops) on a gorgeous day, enjoying the experience and sensory overload, than a free loaner in a brand new Porsche coupe. As you know, a convertible is much more satisfying. Now, granted, a convertible 911 would be cool, too! At least the experience and visuals are real and not on an electronic screen. Not quite the same though.

The V1D at least has a top screen on a slightly larger body but it would need a fully visual WLF instead of an electronic screen to provide the mesmerizing experience of a "different" way to use a camera. Sigh... it not nostalgia. It is the experience.

I will have another 503 one day. But I would love a new one, too.:)

Anyway, kudos to Hasselblad!

But don't stop now!