The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

TheDude

What misses the point for me is the 44x33 sensor
For me, still using the now old 50MP, frontside-illuminated, 14bit IMX161 sensor, and not the new 100MP, backside-illuminated, 16bit IMX461 sensor.

P.S. Don’t even want want to "dream" about the almost 645 format-sized, back-illuminated 16bit ,IMX411 sensor!

Last edited:

sog1927

I will have another 503 one day. But I would love a new one, too.:)
!

I never got rid of mine ;-) Now (for, as a mathematican friend of mine likes to say, "large values of now"), I have a bridge between my V system and my X system. A larger sensor would be nice, so the focal lengths of the old lenses still make sense, but I suspect there's not enough room.

But in the press release was mentioned , that the CFV II 50c back would not only fit most V-System cameras but also technical cameras as well as view cameras using the appropriate adapters .
That requires a sync port . I don't think the CFV II 50c will have an electronic shutter .
They've advertised it as working with the V lenses via their XV adapter on the 907x, which would require the ES. I guess there's a possibility they could limit that functionality to use with the 907x only.

danlindberg

That it should be lacking ES hasn't even crossed my mind. If that is the case, then I'm out. I want to use it with Alpa and my aperture mount Schneider and V lenses with movements.

tcdeveau

Considering the X1D, H6D-50c, and H6D-100c (I.e. their latest offerings) all have e-shutter, the XV adapter for V-system lens use on the X system currently relies on e-shutter, and they are marketing it for tech/view cam use (and the copal shutter is no longer being produced), I’d be pretty shocked if they left e-shutter off.

I asked a couple ppl going to the NYC meetup last week to ask HB about eshutter but haven’t heard anything back yet

onasj

From a Linhof newsletter I just received, suggesting a “truly affordable” price, Alpa and Xpan compatibility (and thus the back must have ES I assume).

Coming soon... "History In One System"
Hasselblad 907x & CFV II 50C

A truly affordable Digital Back for cameras with movements – we played with it on an Alpa, a Cambo Actus, a Cambo WRS and a Linhof Techno.
Of course we couldn’t resist also popping it on a 1960’s Linhof Technika with the Digi adapter as this also opens up a world of possibilities for all those 5x4 cameras out there!
(Limitations of lens focal lengths apply of course)
The 907x body gives you the modern SWC but with interchangeable lenses. The X lens fitting accepts the Hasselblad V H and Xpan adapters as well as opening up a world of adapter options from third party manufacturers.

Coming soon... "History In One System"
Hasselblad 907x & CFV II 50C

A truly affordable Digital Back for cameras with movements – we played with it on an Alpa, a Cambo Actus, a Cambo WRS and a Linhof Techno.
Of course we couldn’t resist also popping it on a 1960’s Linhof Technika with the Digi adapter as this also opens up a world of possibilities for all those 5x4 cameras out there!
(Limitations of lens focal lengths apply of course)
The 907x body gives you the modern SWC but with interchangeable lenses. The X lens fitting accepts the Hasselblad V H and Xpan adapters as well as opening up a world of adapter options from third party manufacturers.
Jury-rigging the CFV II 50C to all this other equipment doesn't change the fact that it is a 33x44 back. Tail wagging the dog.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Jury-rigging the CFV II 50C to all this other equipment doesn't change the fact that it is a 33x44 back. Tail wagging the dog.
Plusses and minuses. It's mostly a plus to me...

Cropped square, the CFV50c II is a 33x33 mm 39Mpixel format back. For my regular V system lenses (50, 80, 120, 150), I drop one focal length to obtain the same FoV on 33x33 and add the XCD 21mm for a wide. I now also have a long tele (~250mm equivalent) that I didn't have before, and a wider wide than I had before (not considering the SWC that I no longer have).

Diagonal Angle of View Table

f - 56^2 - 33^2
------------------
21 - NA - 96
50 - 77 - 50
80 - 53 - 33
120 - 37 - 22
150 - 30 - 18
250 - 11 - NA

I shoot with the 120 now more than the 80, and the 50 on film isn't quite as wide as I'd prefer—I miss my SWC's FoV. Jiggering around to 33x33 format, the FoV selection is better for me. Since there are no approachable 56x56 mm sensor cameras anywhere, this will do nicely.

G

"Care not what a tool is. Care what a tool can do."

DB5

I have a feeling we will see a port under that panel for an EVF eventually. That would make it more viable for me.

I still don't know how I feel about this. The pros of the V System for me are the lenses but they don't work so well on digital. I understand that the 907 will use the X lenses but...does it have the same charm? That is yet to be seen for me, but for the most part I would say no. The 80mm 1.9 is a very nice lens, the rest are high performing but just don't have any unique qualities to them—the whole point of using the V System today.

I'm pining for the Hasselblad Zeiss combination. The 110 f2 Planar, for example, probably one of the best ever and most iconic lenses.

So take the lenses out of the equation and I'm not sure how I feel about—potentially just a gimmick.

CFVII-907X-grip-VF-45frontright-1-800x684.jpg

Godfrey

I dunno, I think it’s kinda slick looking.

I also don’t know about the classic V system lenses not performing well. When I played with my 500CM and my ancient Sonnar 150 and Planar 80 on the original CFV50c, they seemed to work pretty well. Maybe not state of the art, but who cares about that?

I’ll arrange a demo or rental as soon as there is product to try out. :D

G

DougDolde

Exactly. This is so old school next to the X1D I cant see why anyone would choose it particularly if they had XCD lenses already

Godfrey

What is the advantage of that over an X1D besides it looks cool, in a steampunk kind of way.
Smallest and lightest MF camera with optical viewfinder :).
Exactly. This is so old school next to the X1D I cant see why anyone would choose it particularly if they had XCD lenses already
What about all of us who already have a V system, want a digital back to use with it, and need/want an ultra wide lens too? This makes more sense to me than buying a whole new system, and I can still use film with my V system when I feel like it.

The X1D is a completely different kind of camera and system. There's plenty of room for both types of cameras, no need to dis one in favor of the other.

G