The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

jotloob

Subscriber Member
My dealer in the UK told me Hasselblad expected to start shipping the 907x in December
Erik
Did your dealer mention , when the CFV II 50 c will be delivered ? ? ? No answer from my dealer so far .
I am not talking about the set , which I have on order , but the back alone , which I want to use on HASSELBLAD V-System cameras and more important , on ALPA cameras .

Erik
Did your dealer mention , when the CFV II 50 c will be delivered ? ? ? No answer from my dealer so far .
I am not talking about the set , which I have on order , but the back alone , which I want to use on HASSELBLAD V-System cameras and more important , on ALPA cameras .
If I understood him correctly they only have information on the 907x and not of the normal edition of the back.

Godfrey

The latest information from my dealer is : end of first quarter 2020 . :talk028:
:) I await my 907x Special Edition with patient composure.

Every time I take my sweet old Hasselblad 500CM out and shoot a roll of film with it, I think, "Why on earth do I make photographs with anything else?" The mood is forgotten quickly as soon as I want something lighter, smaller, etc ... but, to me, the V-system Hasselblads are simply timeless cameras and lenses. I'm so happy I still have the whole system and can't wait for the 907x and CFV 50c II back to arrive.

G

tjv

Anyone know what has caused the delay bringing it to market? Although I'm VERY dark on Hasselblad at the moment (I'll refrain from ranting again!) I've always liked the concept of this new camera / back, but it would take the new 100mpx sensor as used in the Fuji to lure me in.

tcdeveau

Anyone know what has caused the delay bringing it to market? Although I'm VERY dark on Hasselblad at the moment (I'll refrain from ranting again!) I've always liked the concept of this new camera / back, but it would take the new 100mpx sensor as used in the Fuji to lure me in.
I do not, but most of the recent Hasselblad releases have been delayed, or alternatively have missed their projected ship date, so some delay is par for the course. The 35-75mm XCD zoom some of us are waiting on was supposed to ship in mid-October.

I'd definitely like to see Hasselblad make use of the Sony IMX461 sensor in the GFX 100, hopefully sooner than later. Til then I just need to find some more time to make use of my X1D....

Godfrey

I don't know what has caused the "delay", although they never committed to a specific delivery date, stating rather that the 907x Special Edition "is expected to ship by the end of 2019." What does it matter, really?

I'm happy if they take their time and ship the camera when it's ready, within reason, rather than rush it out to meet some arbitrarily set deadline. I'm in no rush and wouldn't be sitting on my hands waiting for a camera if I were.

G

gnuyork

Has there been any info on the price of the back (chrome) alone? I can't seem to dig anything up. I see the special edition is $7499 with the 907x camera... hoping the back is under $5K

Geoff

If they get it $5k or under, many people will be "running" to get this back. Makes a great easy CMOS MFDB answer, with many uses - either on view cameras with a V adapter (common enough) or Hassy V cameras.

gnuyork

If they get it $5k or under, many people will be "running" to get this back. Makes a great easy CMOS MFDB answer, with many uses - either on view cameras with a V adapter (common enough) or Hassy V cameras.
That's exactly what I want to use it for.

tcdeveau

Has there been any info on the price of the back (chrome) alone? I can't seem to dig anything up. I see the special edition is $7499 with the 907x camera... hoping the back is under $5K
No pricing info yet AFAIK.

My guess: $4995 for the chrome non-special edition back, $1495 for the 907x. Maybe a package for $6k?

Hopefully the lunar editions ship soon and we get pricing info soon too.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The special edition "on the moon since 1969" will be available in week three of 2020 .
The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
No good news . No information about the delivery of the chrome version . CFV II 50 c + 907x .

Godfrey

The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
No good news . No information about the delivery of the chrome version . CFV II 50 c + 907x .
At the second week of January, my dealer reported to me that the Hasselblad rep was expecting a first shipment of the 907x Special Edition kits to be at Hasselblad USA in the last week of January, and that it should ship to vendors "shortly after that" ... The dealer and spoke again just the other day: he's away from the office right now but is hoping that there is product in stock when he returns to the office next week.

It's a waiting game. I'm not in a hurry, although I'd love to start experimenting with and using the 907x. It'll be here when it gets here. :)

G