The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

TheDude

must admit I'm quite interested in how this new CFV back if for no other reason than price point and performance with my Linhof Techno..
The only other option would be P1 IQ3 or IQ4 but price is in a different league.
I am considering waiting until there is hopefully a CFV with the newer IMX461 sensor, the IMX161 sensor is now getting a bit long in the tooth.

tcdeveau

The only other option would be P1 IQ3 or IQ4 but price is in a different league.
I am considering waiting until there is hopefully a CFV with the newer IMX461 sensor, the IMX161 sensor is now getting a bit long in the tooth.
Right there with you re: IMX461. If the current 907/CFVII had the IMX461 instead of the IMX161 my order would be in.

It seems like the next logical progression, unless they surprise us and update the H series with it instead. I imagine we're 2-4 years out from seeing something like this ship (especially considering the current 907x/CFVII isn't even shipping yet).

I'll save any hope/excitement for a CFV with the IMX461 until I see "now shipping" announcements, in the meantime just hope the current 907x/CFVII starts getting into the hands of those who have ordered soon.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
ooof

thing is, the H body is still a joy to hold in the hand, compared to XF/DF offerings

imo obviously
Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others have, and that's what's important.

Matt

Last edited:

danlindberg

Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others do, and that's what's important.

Matt
Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.

Godfrey

Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.
I felt the same way first time I held one, when it was still a prototype at a dealer demo. Still do.

But ... I like how the Hasselblad SWC feels in my hands (and when I work with it on a tripod) even more, and the 500CM next to that. Something about them just clicks my "satisfying" button.

I'm hoping to see the 907x Special Edition very soon now... :)

G

citizin

I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others do, and that's what's important.

Matt
Ergonomics and the UX of the hardware is what is keeping me onto the H system. I had borrowed a full Phase Kit and it was one of the most unpleasant and frustrating camera's to use in that sense. Who-ever designed the 35mm blue ring, I have a special disliking for.

hcubell

My experience is identical. Moreover, the utter simplicity of the UI of the X1D makes the camera a joy to operate. Even if I don't pick it up for a month, there is no "relearning" curve. I just start shooting. I have owned a Sony A7RII, a Nikon D800e, and a Canon 5DSII. There are BOOKS about the menu systems and the buttons of these cameras and how to configure them. I would never choose to use one of these cameras, unless it was the only practical alternative for the work I wanted to do (e.g., photographing on a safari).

clonardo

I've been using the X1D II since it was released, and an H4D-60 before that. I had a feeling that the AF on the X1D II wasn't up to the standard of the H system, and having a chance to use the X1D II back-to-back with a friend's H6D-100c at an event this week, that does seem to be the case- AF on the X1D II is a big letdown in anything approximating low light, even with fast lenses. Hoping they get it right in the next generation, because I'm enjoying everything else about the X system.

TheDude

I am pessimistic regarding the viability of the H system.

I stated more a guts feeling. I would not be surprised if Hasselblad will concentrate on the 33x44mm sensor sized cameras. The mark II version of the X1D seems to be a quite useful camera and the 907X/CVF(II)-50c has a certain appeal that, I think, will speak strongly to hipsters and old V-System users alike.

tcdeveau

FWIW Adorama says March 15.

At any rate, I think we'll see it ship soon....the 35-75mm is finally shipping which was formally announced at the same time.

Godfrey

I don't have to "believe" anything. Just wait patiently and it will show up, eventually. Or not. ;)

G

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I got a call from my dealer today . The special version , ON THE MOON SINCE 1969 , black , is available and he offered me a set .
But I want the chrome edition , definately , so I will still have to wait .

Godfrey

I got a call from my dealer today . The special version , ON THE MOON SINCE 1969 , black , is available and he offered me a set .
But I want the chrome edition , definately , so I will still have to wait .
Now I await my dealer's call with growing anticipation...!

G