The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Satrycon

Looking forward to your SWC-D-series photos ;)

Getting ready for the camera's arrival ...

• The Big Brown Truck should arrive on Thursday. :D
  • 907x, CFV50c II, and Phocus Mobile 2 manuals are available for download from the Hasselblad website.

I have some reading to do, to fill the time between now and Thursday... ;)

G

Cala Lilies - Santa Clara 2020
Leica CL + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special

Photon42

Too bad I only have an unmodified 203FE, otherwise, I would invite myself to visit you :grin:
An unmodified 203 should do, if you let it behave like a 50x ("C" mode) and add a leaf shutter lens to it. No battery needed. The back needs to then be set to the 500 series. At least that worked on my now sold CFV50c mark I.

richardman

An unmodified 203 should do, if you let it behave like a 50x ("C" mode) and add a leaf shutter lens to it. No battery needed. The back needs to then be set to the 500 series. At least that worked on my now sold CFV50c mark I.
Yes, you are correct. Sadly, all I have are FE lens!

Yes, you are correct. Sadly, all I have are FE lens!

along with XPan and V System Lenses in electronic shutter mode with the XPan and XV Lens Adapters, respectively. In addition, the 907X enables compatibility with a wide range of third-party adapters and lenses in electronic shutter mode.

wish the manual was publicly available.

gnat

along with XPan and V System Lenses in electronic shutter mode with the XPan and XV Lens Adapters, respectively. In addition, the 907X enables compatibility with a wide range of third-party adapters and lenses in electronic shutter mode.

Just have to create a My Hasselblad account and it is available in the support section.

The CFV 50 II doc talks about just the back and focuses on using it with the old film bodies. Scroll all the way down in the product like to find the "907x special edition" option and that gives you a variation of the same doc, but in includes info on the 907x body and focuses on that.

Neither is complete if you want to use both the film bodies and the 907x, so grab both.

Also if you download them on an iPad and send them to Kindle, don't let it convert to Kindle format. That seriously screws the docs up. Just stick with the PDFs.

Godfrey

Just have to create a My Hasselblad account and it is available in the support section.

The CFV 50 II doc talks about just the back and focuses on using it with the old film bodies. Scroll all the way down in the product like to find the "907x special edition" option and that gives you a variation of the same doc, but in includes info on the 907x body and focuses on that.

Neither is complete if you want to use both the film bodies and the 907x, so grab both.

Also if you download them on an iPad and send them to Kindle, don't let it convert to Kindle format. That seriously screws the docs up. Just stick with the PDFs.
I just put the PDFs in Books on the iPad for easy access and annotation. :)

My 907x is moving when I look at the UPS Tracking. On schedule for delivery ... three days to go! :D

G

Photon42

The 907X - yes. The back with the 203FE probably requires electronic triggering of the electronic shutter, if that is at all a setting which is available.

Godfrey

'nuff time to paint the body black :ROTFL:
Even better: I found I'd reserved enough money to pay for the 907x kit to the point where I had enough left over that a near-mint Hasselblad 500CM body in black finish (with WL finder and Acute Matte screen) was well under the left over. So that's on the way to me at present too. :D

It was probably less expensive than what having my chrome finish 500CM refinished properly would cost...! LOL!

G

"Brute force—and cash—gets stuff done."
"Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess."

mristuccia

I've read the CFV II manual.
There are two things I really miss in my CFV I version: focus peaking and electronic shutter, all the rest is choreography.
And honestly IMHO they should have been already there in the first edition of the back, or in a firmware update. Now that the II is out, any hope is lost. Sadness...

darr

Thanks for posting!

While I appreciate my CFV-50c a great deal, the 44x33 sensor size gets old for me with the limited wide angle V lens selection. But with the availability of the 21mm coupled with the 907x, it makes the ability to continue shooting film and digital with my V series camera even more possible now.

Waiting patiently for user reviews of this package and a chrome version.

Kind regards,
Darr

TheDude

And honestly IMHO they should have been already there in the first edition of the back, or in a firmware update. Now that the II is out, any hope is lost.
My CFV-50c Mark I has a zoom function for focus checking, but there should have been automatic brightness control for the live-view (have to use variable polaroid filter for that) and ES.

Godfrey

While I appreciate my CFV-50c a great deal, the 44x33 sensor size gets old for me with the limited wide angle V lens selection. But with the availability of the 21mm coupled with the 907x, it makes the ability to continue shooting film and digital with my V series camera even more possible now. ...
Yes. The XCD21 is arriving with the 907x package, and the XCD45P will come as soon as the dealer gets some more stock. Those two lenses plus my existing 50, 80, 120, and 150mm V-system lenses to use with the back on the 500CM bodies nets a complete Hasselblad film and digital kit with a full range of focal lengths from ultra wide to medium long tele. Even cropped to square format, the resulting 39Mpixel images from the CFV50c II are more than enough for my needs.

G

mristuccia

My CFV-50c Mark I has a zoom function for focus checking, but there should have been automatic brightness control for the live-view (have to use variable polaroid filter for that) and ES.
I know what you mean.
Those, especially the brightness control, are easy things to implement via firmware...

pflower

Looking at the manual it appears that this comes with a mask for the focus screen on the V series cameras but not a split image focusing screen. I had the original CFV 50 which did come with that and found that focusing without it on a 503 was extremely hit and miss. Handheld live view was of limited use. I sold it to buy the X1D.

So it is a pity that this new version doesn't include a split image focusing screen. looking on e-bay these seem to go from between about £30 to £250. Not sure of the difference in price. But my experience with the older version was that I really couldn't hit focus properly without it handheld. The tilt screen on the new one should make focusing straightforward on a tripod without causing severe back pain by bending down. So maybe handheld focusing on a 503 at waist level will be easier with the tilt screen and live view.

Tempted to go back with it once the regular edition ships. But I really like the idea of the 907x with a 30mm or 21mm. Very tempted.