The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architectural Options for Fuji GFX in 2019

pigtango

Hi All,

We are a few years in now since the release of the GFX system, and thought I would start a new thread on what options folks have found to work well on the GFX for architecture now that we've had a couple years to experiment.

I myself am curious to know if anyone here has tried the Canon 11-24 with the hood modification on a digital view cam or shifting system (Arca Universalis or MF2 comes to mind), and what the results were. Would they be good enough to replace getting a 24 TS II when used at the long end?

Feel free to chime in with any thoughts, trying to create and updated resource...

CAMBOUSA

Happy to answer any questions that I can about the Actus-GFX (and CA-GFX for direct mounting of Canon TS-E Lenses) on the Cambo side of things.

pigtango

Now that the GFX 100 is starting to get into people's hands, it might also be nice to hear if some of the super wide options that were ok on the 50mp cameras might not be giving acceptable results on the 100. I'm thinking specifically of the canon 17 and 24 ts lenses, but also some of the tech cam lenses as well (the ones that will mount anyway...)

Anyone tried these out yet?

Doppler9000

Hi All,

We are a few years in now since the release of the GFX system, and thought I would start a new thread on what options folks have found to work well on the GFX for architecture now that we've had a couple years to experiment.

I myself am curious to know if anyone here has tried the Canon 11-24 with the hood modification on a digital view cam or shifting system (Arca Universalis or MF2 comes to mind), and what the results were. Would they be good enough to replace getting a 24 TS II when used at the long end?

Feel free to chime in with any thoughts, trying to create and updated resource...
I saw that you are unloading your Actus GFX system - can you relate your thoughts on it with regard to architecural photography?

Did you consider the Cambo/Samyang Actar 24?

If so, what made you look elsewhere?