The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon TS-E on X1D?

fotophil

I use the Techart Adapter with the X1D using the 17, 24-II and the new 50mm Canon TS-E Lenses. Not much shifting possible on the 17mm, 8mm or so with the 24-II and full shift on the 50mm. Has Canon released their new 35mm TS-E yet?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
thx .... the 24mm on the dslr - fullframe gives us about 17mm on the x1d - is it correct?

will be great if there is an option where i can crop the image in the liveview... mybe with the new version x1d2 and the phocus ipad connection.
I think of it as 19mm, but with a different aspect ratio, it's impossible to be precise.

cerett

I use the Techart Adapter with the X1D using the 17, 24-II and the new 50mm Canon TS-E Lenses. Not much shifting possible on the 17mm, 8mm or so with the 24-II and full shift on the 50mm. Has Canon released their new 35mm TS-E yet?
What is the problem with shift on the 17mm? Does the adapter get in the way?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It's surprising how effective the 24 TS-E is. Here is a comparison of the FoV of the 21mm XCD vs. the 24 shifted 8mm:

Kind of impressive, given the extreme FoV of the 21mm.

Matt

drunkenspyder

Yes it works, but You will need the latest Firmware 3.0 which I found under:
???? & ??????/????

best regards
Wolfram
Thanks for this link. Would have loved to have this just a few days earlier. As it was, 2.2 worked well enough to get some shots. Would be nice if this firmware was also located on the techartpro website.

Anyone know if there is a reliable way to confirm that the firmware was correctly installed? I always feel like I am operating blind with the TAP software.

drunkenspyder

I believe it runs out of image circle.
Yes, but not by much. I get several degrees of shift before I get hard vignette. And rotating the lens for multiple angle shifts produces some impressive, if distortion-prone, results. Overall, I still prefer the Nikon 19PC with the Hassy, but there is no adapter offering aperture control which, in technical terms, is a real bummer.

strohscw

Sorry for the late reply, I have overseen it.

Well I have two Macs, one MBPro with OSX Catalina, there I have also no chance to open it (only 64bit programs work on it).
Then I have an iMac where I didn´t upgrade because some programs I really need (Hasselblad Scannersoftware, etc) don´t work. Therefor I use still OSX Mojave on it.
Now I just tried the firmware upgrade program on my Mojave Machine and with cmd+open I was able to open it.
So my suggestion would be to find a MAC that runs a software before Catalina then it should work.

Hope this helps! My TS-E 24 works good on my X1D II.

Greetings Wolfram

by the way i cannot open the file on my mac http://stkb.co.jp/support.html#tcx-01

any suggestions?