The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ3100 and Lightroom tethered shooting

kdphotography

You would be much better off with Capture One Pro ---the DB version is free for Phase MFDBs.

Aside from solid platform stability, I would expect C1 to provide better RAW conversion of its own Phase products.

ken

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Does lightroom support tethered shooting of a Phase one IQ3100 digital back?
No.

Congratulations on your new back! I'd suggest working with the dealer from whom you purchased your digital back to get this, and all your getting-started questions answered in one go. In addition to the questions you know to ask (the "known knowns") there are lots of things you won't necessarily think to ask (the "unknown unknowns") and your dealer, having worked with years worth of new owners, will have a good training for you that will get you off the ground and getting the most out of your new system. That normally includes help getting started with Capture One which is what you'll use to tether, and often, more advanced capture one training as well. Best wishes on years worth of great capturing with your new IQ!

Steve Hendrix

No.

Congratulations on your new back! I'd suggest working with the dealer from whom you purchased your digital back to get this, and all your getting-started questions answered in one go. In addition to the questions you know to ask (the "known knowns") there are lots of things you won't necessarily think to ask (the "unknown unknowns") and your dealer, having worked with years worth of new owners, will have a good training for you that will get you off the ground and getting the most out of your new system. That normally includes help getting started with Capture One which is what you'll use to tether, and often, more advanced capture one training as well. Best wishes on years worth of great capturing with your new IQ!

You are assuming he purchased through a dealer?

If he did purchase through a dealer, I'm sure he wouldn't be asking this question.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul2660

Does lightroom support tethered shooting of a Phase one IQ3100 digital back?

Not sure on tethering. But on raw conversions LR/ACR is terrible on the 16bit images if you have any dynamic range punch needed. Shadows and areas similar show a strong red tint and are not clean at all.

I have not looked at LR in over 6 months but Adobe is usually a one and done on Phase One raw so I don’t figure the raw conversion has gotten better.

Paul C