The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anybody Shooting GFX with Hassy V Lenses?

darr

Anybody shooting a Fuji GFX 50S or 50R with Hasselblad V lenses?
If so, can you tell me your experience using focus peaking and what lens adapter you are using.
And if you have an image to share that would be nice too.

Thank you in advance,
Darr

danlindberg

Hi Darr, I use both focus peaking and focus zoom when using V lenses or other non-native lenses on the X1D. This works fine and I nail focus 9 times out of 10. Of course, this isn't on the Fuji that you are asking for, but I just shim in that it works fine on my body.
I just now did this (very quick and no serious setup) comparison and used focus zoom which gives me the best result, thought maybe you would be interested to see how well the 35 year old Zeiss CF80 holds up! Quite remarkable.
I mount my V lenses via Alpa.

darr

Hi Darr, I use both focus peaking and focus zoom when using V lenses or other non-native lenses on the X1D. This works fine and I nail focus 9 times out of 10. Of course, this isn't on the Fuji that you are asking for, but I just shim in that it works fine on my body.
I just now did this (very quick and no serious setup) comparison and used focus zoom which gives me the best result, thought maybe you would be interested to see how well the 35 year old Zeiss CF80 holds up! Quite remarkable.
I mount my V lenses via Alpa.
Thanks so much Dan!
I always liked the CF80 and feel it is underrated by many because it is the 'standard' lens.
I appreciate your effort on my behalf!!

Kind regards,
Darr