Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

  1. #1
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Question Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Hasselblad images made with the HC 100 2.2, film or digital, are requested for my research into a good portrait lens for the H system. We would like to re-start our work with our Studio INSPIRE! venture.

    After diligent searches online, I am still trying to get a grasp on the results of this lens for all kinds of applications, especially environmental portraits and close-ups. I do not need bleeding edge sharpness.

    Since I will be somewhat in a separate, parallel universe for at least the entire month of July, I would enjoy seeing your results to keep my mind active.

    And maybe somewhere along the line I may be able to rent one from CI for a little while to try the lens, myself.

    Many thanks in advance if you can spare the time to post your favorite images.
    Last edited by dave.gt; 30th June 2019 at 05:15.
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    for portraits and macro, wouldn't the HC4/120 be a better choice? I have used the lens quite extensively. Excellent lens. Only drawback is that it is rather heavy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    for portraits and macro, wouldn't the HC4/120 be a better choice? I have used the lens quite extensively. Excellent lens. Only drawback is that it is rather heavy.
    Yes, thank you, of course you are absolutely correct, that would be better for true macros. I meant to say close-ups. I am looking more for smooth OOF and subject isolation and soft portrait renderings with the occasional close-up images.

    Heavy is good! Yeah, I know, I'm weird that way.
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    Ohhhhhh.... all right, now we are cooking!

    Thanks!!!

    The OOF areas shooting wide open like the first image is what I am looking for!
    Last edited by dave.gt; 30th June 2019 at 14:04.
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2



    Here’s one more. The have all been shot on a S2 body, if that matters.
    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    How do you like the H adapter on the S2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post

    Here’s one more. The have all been shot on a S2 body, if that matters.
    http://Www.deployant.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    aCIDfire has been posting regularly with this lens on the Leica forum in the show us your S2 shots thread. Maybe shoot him a pm too.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #11
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    <bump>

    For more discussion, please. There just have to be thousands of images to share with those of us interested in the HC 100 lens!!!!
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

  12. #12
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    <bump>

    For more discussion, please. There just have to be thousands of images to share with those of us interested in the HC 100 lens!!!!
    Hi Dave,

    I *think* these were all shot with the 100/2.2 The goal was not, in general, a flattering look.

    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...e-of-man-2013/

    Matt

  13. #13
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    Hi Dave,

    I *think* these were all shot with the 100/2.2 The goal was not, in general, a flattering look.

    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...e-of-man-2013/

    Matt
    Thanks so much, Matt!! Really cool! Who was the photographer? A quick browse of that article for now will be followed by a detailed study later. These are definitely interesting images and of a style reminiscent of my favorite portrait photographer of famous people, Platon.

    https://www.hasselblad.com/stories/p...t-of-a-camera/

    That said, I would prefer an essay of the American Man to include regular people, nor just the famous, if that makes any sense. But I digress. Great article that I look forward to a bit later.

    My interest is re-starting our Studio venture and I am looking for the appropriate portrait lens for what I have in mind. It does seem that representative images of both Studio and environmental portraits with the HC 100 are somewhat difficult to find. No idea why.

    I do have two other lenses in mind, but I am curious because of the images I have seen in other threads here in this forum.

    Thanks again!!!
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

  14. #14
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Thanks so much, Matt!! Really cool! Who was the photographer? A quick browse of that article for now will be followed by a detailed study later. These are definitely interesting images and of a style reminiscent of my favorite portrait photographer of famous people, Platon.

    https://www.hasselblad.com/stories/p...t-of-a-camera/

    That said, I would prefer an essay of the American Man to include regular people, nor just the famous, if that makes any sense. But I digress. Great article that I look forward to a bit later.

    My interest is re-starting our Studio venture and I am looking for the appropriate portrait lens for what I have in mind. It does seem that representative images of both Studio and environmental portraits with the HC 100 are somewhat difficult to find. No idea why.

    I do have two other lenses in mind, but I am curious because of the images I have seen in other threads here in this forum.

    Thanks again!!!
    The photographer is Mark Mann. http://markmannphoto.com.

    I just checked with him. He said it was a "Hassy100mm/2". I asked if he meant the 110/2 V system lens. "Nope, definitely 100". In any event, he says "The Leica 120 is better".

    I'm a bit confused, as there wasn't ever, to my knowledge, a 100/2 Hassy lens.

    Matt
    mattgraysonphoto.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #15
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    The photographer is Mark Mann. Mark Mann Photo.

    I just checked with him. He said it was a "Hassy100mm/2". I asked if he meant the 110/2 V system lens. "Nope, definitely 100". In any event, he says "The Leica 120 is better".

    I'm a bit confused, as there wasn't ever, to my knowledge, a 100/2 Hassy lens.

    Matt
    Thanks, Matt!

    Matt, please tell Mark that he is such an inspiration (like you) and I love his work! it does give me some ideas about working more with survivors... those who would like to tell their stories of hope, and inspiration. The last few years doing just that were the most profound for me, ever.

    Last edited by dave.gt; 2nd July 2019 at 08:24.
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Hi Dave,

    might want to check the following thread on the HB digital forum, its all about images shot with the HC 2.2/100
    http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.co...p?topic=1447.0

    I have the lens myself and it is one of my most used lenses. In fact, I traded my old one and got a new one that supports
    the shorter, 1/2000 sec exposure time as I use it wide open most of the time. Will post some of my own images when
    i'm back home.

    Best Regards and Happy 4th July,
    Ralf



    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Hasselblad images made with the HC 100 2.2, film or digital, are requested for my research into a good portrait lens for the H system. We would like to re-start our work with our Studio INSPIRE! venture.

    After diligent searches online, I am still trying to get a grasp on the results of this lens for all kinds of applications, especially environmental portraits and close-ups. I do not need bleeding edge sharpness.

    Since I will be somewhat in a separate, parallel universe for at least the entire month of July, I would enjoy seeing your results to keep my mind active.

    And maybe somewhere along the line I may be able to rent one from CI for a little while to try the lens, myself.

    Many thanks in advance if you can spare the time to post your favorite images.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #17
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
    Hi Dave,

    might want to check the following thread on the HB digital forum, its all about images shot with the HC 2.2/100
    http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.co...p?topic=1447.0

    I have the lens myself and it is one of my most used lenses. In fact, I traded my old one and got a new one that supports
    the shorter, 1/2000 sec exposure time as I use it wide open most of the time. Will post some of my own images when
    i'm back home.

    Best Regards and Happy 4th July,
    Ralf
    Thanks, Ralf!!!

    I had no idea there was a newer version. Naturally, like you, wide open is where it's at for me, too!
    Dave (GT)

    Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Hi Dave,

    ALL HC and HCD lenses are now available in the "orange dot" version with a new shutter that supports 1/2000 sec. exposure time.
    This was introduced by HB when the H6D was released. From an optical perspective there is no difference, its "just" a new shutter
    that supports the shorter exposure time and in my opinion it makes most sense for the HC 2.2/100. I'm fine with 1/800 sec. for
    all of my other HC lenses.

    Cheers,
    Ralf


    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Thanks, Ralf!!!

    I had no idea there was a newer version. Naturally, like you, wide open is where it's at for me, too!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    How do you like the H adapter on the S2?
    Wonderful. Fully transparent. AF works, leaf shutter works, auto aperture works. What's not to like.
    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #20
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1254

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    How do you like the H adapter on the S2?
    It works better for my Hasselblad 35-90mm on S2 and 006 than the Hasselblad H4D-40 itself. For other lenses, it works perfectly.

    Pramote
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    i use it a lot for portrait, mostly women

    in this serie i only used the 100 at 5.6 except some pictures, but 95% are 5.6 on a 60 back ( full frame )

    thomas white side has many many portraits with it, he shots only with HC lenses

    it is huge but when you get a cool shot, it is amazing

    https://pablo-rodrigo.squarespace.com/frederika-book

    don't worry about stuff haha

    if you shot with hasselblad just go for it
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #22
    Senior Member bab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Call for Images: HC 100 2.2

    Just make sure your nailing the focus the lens is one of the best in the line.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46DEF109-DE6F-4D8E-A217-F007E54F65C7.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	425.9 KB 
ID:	142926
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •