The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Interview with a Hasselblad MD

clonardo

It's nice to get confirmation that the H system's not dead. Still, as for launching products when they're ready, I'm still waiting on my X1D II preorder, and last I heard it would be launching without video enabled in the firmware (this was the case when I tried the X1D II on announcement day at the Hasselblad/DJI studio in NY) :cry:

cerett

It's nice to get confirmation that the H system's not dead. Still, as for launching products when they're ready, I'm still waiting on my X1D II preorder, and last I heard it would be launching without video enabled in the firmware (this was the case when I tried the X1D II on announcement day at the Hasselblad/DJI studio in NY) :cry:
B&H says mid July.

SrMphoto

From the interview:
"We have learned that we should launch products when they are ready and fully developed for the market"

Sounds like mid-July 2019 to me.

hcubell

From the interview:
"I asked Moebus why this model is called a mark II and not X2D, for example. ‘There is more to come’ he joked. ‘This is an evolution of the original camera. There are some significant changes but it still looks like an X1D. It is not a completely new camera, which is why it has the same name."

The implication from the interview is that another X-series camera with the 100MP sensor is coming down the road, but it will apparently be in a somewhat larger camera body than the X1D. The question is, how much larger?

dave.gt

From the interview:
"I asked Moebus why this model is called a mark II and not X2D, for example. ‘There is more to come’ he joked. ‘This is an evolution of the original camera. There are some significant changes but it still looks like an X1D. It is not a completely new camera, which is why it has the same name."

The implication from the interview is that another X-series camera with the 100MP sensor is coming down the road, but it will apparently be in a somewhat larger camera body than the X1D. The question is, how much larger?
I think the bigger disclosure here is that Hasselblad is thriving and is not on the brink of demise.:thumbup:

The future looks bright for Hasselblad and us! Maybe the eternal bashing of recent months, and the angst will evolve to actual enjoyment of the amazing tools we have now to use?

The H will be with us a long time!
The X is cheaper and better!
New cameras are coming! Obviously bigger and better in some cases!
And more!

Hasselblad is obviously doing a lot and that is all one can ask of them, IMO.

I guess the mysteries of future 100mp products will require a little patience.:):):)

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of life if the non-professional community has to wait for the small, boutique company to release their products when they are ready?

Like you I am curious, too.:)