The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H3D50 + HTS + 28MM stitch

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dave, I've reposted your images and commentary here to make it easier for folks to see it and comment on it in context:

Hi All,

I was in a nice location today so did a quick and dirty stitch test.

H3D50 with the HTS + 28mm and zero'd movements, you get this...

Full top and bottom shift and stitched in Photomerge....

Full left to right and stitched again. A little bit beyond the limit as you can see from the vignette.

Probably some stitch errors but didn't look carefully to correct! Also did a five-way for fun with a 45° rotation and full shift to 'fill in the corners'. Will upload that when I am more awake!

...for the curious a shot with the 28 only...

...and with -10° of tilt and a full open aperture. (All other captures were at f16).

....and last but not least a very quick 7 image stitch based on quick JPEG exports. And now I really must go to bed, or Ill be playing around with this forever.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
So with a 28mm you get a effective 42mm which for the H39 is about a 30mm almost in 35mm Full Frame. Not too bad

carstenw

Very nice. If you crop the large stitch just before the vignetting starts, what is the effective focal length (let's say you keep the aspect ratio)?

Very nice. If you crop the large stitch just before the vignetting starts, what is the effective focal length (let's say you keep the aspect ratio)?
I think it is about 28mm - so a bit of a pointless exercise - as you could just use the 28mm!

But the 'long shot' of three images top to bottom is of course not possible without the HTS.

D