The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Celebrates 50 Years on the Moon!

dave.gt

One can only wonder what Hasselblad has planned for this month!!!

https://www.hasselblad.com/press/press-releases/hasselblad-celebrates-50-years-on-the-moon/

What a wonderful time to be a photographer!!!

Just think about it. We are receiving a gift of celebration of a remarkable event in Human history. There are 12 Hasselblad cameras still on the Moon, with the footprints of those brave men who were the first to walk on the Lunar surface. And the images they made then are still breath-taking to look at 50 years later!

In a world full of chaos and uncertainty, with so many problems, we can enjoy something together. We can aspire to inspire others by being creative with our own Photography with whatever our talents and gear preferences are. And while the countdown to the 50th Anniversary celebration continues, we can dream of a better future.

Let's start that better world now. And let's dream about what Hasselblad is planning!:):):) I have my own thoughts...:thumbup:

dave.gt

What are you going to be doing to celebrate???:)

My original plans were to be out in a dark area to photograph the Moon specifically and shoot something like the Milky Way. Sadly, I will not be able to participate.

I hope to see a lot of others out shooting though. A great time for reflection, and a great time for a memorable capture!:thumbup:

dave.gt

Apologies, but I do not understand why you posted a link and did not comment. If there was a constructive reason that is helpful to us regarding the thread topic, please let us know.

The link you posted is not appropriate for a celebration of one of the most wonderful events in all of human history, in my opinion. At a time in my life after I lived through the depressing and turbulent years of the 60s, my only reason for posting this thread was for inspiration. Why? Because by inspiring others, we all help each other become better human beings. Conspiracy theories and such are anathema to me.

For more than a decade now, each day has been a life /death struggle for us dealing with multiple extreme medical issues, so it should be no surprise that I eschew negativity in all forms because it is a matter of survival and because we have spent the last several years uplifting the positive experiences of those who have achieved great things in recovering from trauma, strokes and diseases.

I would prefer not to discuss denials or negative opinions. If you would like to post a thread on the so-called "interesting" story of denials, please do so.

hcubell

Apologies, but I do not understand why you posted a link and did not comment. If there was a constructive reason that is helpful to us regarding the thread topic, please let us know.

The link you posted is not appropriate for a celebration of one of the most wonderful events in all of human history, in my opinion. At a time in my life after I lived through the depressing and turbulent years of the 60s, my only reason for posting this thread was for inspiration. Why? Because by inspiring others, we all help each other become better human beings. Conspiracy theories and such are anathema to me.

For more than a decade now, each day has been a life /death struggle for us dealing with multiple extreme medical issues, so it should be no surprise that I eschew negativity in all forms because it is a matter of survival and because we have spent the last several years uplifting the positive experiences of those who have achieved great things in recovering from trauma, strokes and diseases.

I would prefer not to discuss denials or negative opinions. If you would like to post a thread on the so-called "interesting" story of denials, please do so.
Well said. Thanks.

darr

Maybe a darkslide, book, medallion, etc. commemorating the anniversary. :D
Or cups, t-shirts, etc. A new camera release? I dunno, but it would be nice.

dave.gt

Thanks, Gary... very cool!!

With all the images of the Hasselblad moon cameras being shared, how can there NOT be a special edition camera coming? It is only two weeks away!

Crossed fingers and wishing upon a star...:thumbup:

sog1927

Thanks, Gary... very cool!!

With all the images of the Hasselblad moon cameras being shared, how can there NOT be a special edition camera coming? It is only two weeks away!

Crossed fingers and wishing upon a star...:thumbup:
They're going to offer several free EL cameras - the only hitch is you have to travel 250,000 miles to pick them up. ;)

dave.gt

Getting closer... typical silence with HB.:)

Meanwhile, I have seen people with images of old television screens showing the broadcast of the Moon Landing. Epic!

Surely there are creative ways to celebrate the event. With the 20th only days away, have we all become jaded? I hope not!:)

On Friday, I was in Barnes and Noble to get an espresso while waiting on my wife to have a manicure and pedicure across the street. To my delight, I saw many very good books on Apollo 11, all for $12-$24. Beautiful photos! How can anyone not be inspired looking at those?

Sigh... however, there is no way for me to plan anything other than the high probability I will only view the outside world from a hospital room window. I do wish I could be on a beach somewhere watching the night sky, and remembering.

But I will at least have a Hasselblad camera in my bag with me wherever I may be:)