The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Post your MFD Girandole Images

dave.gt

Today is Independence Day here!:thumbup:

Yesterday, I celebrated my own personal freedom with completing a year long challenge (posted elsewhere in this forum). Today, I will be unable to attend a fireworks display but I will exercise my own freedom in asking for your images of the celebration completely apart from any references to politics or other controversial topics.

Girandole images! Show us what you have and after tonight, it would be great to see images from the 2019 displays!

:thumbs:

dave.gt

Made you look it up, didn't I? :ROTFL:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day

I had to do the same. :)

Sometimes, I break my own rules from long ago... This time, I used an unfamiliar word for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to get the attention of those curious prople like me. And, I wanted to use language that would have no connection to politics or controversy.

In all my years, I have never attempted to photograph fireworks displays whether it was at Disney World, football games, or elsewhere. I simply find some things more enjoyable to view and be a part of the event. A "happening", if you will.:)

How is that for a retro word??:):):)

Perhaps I should return to Disney World some day... ummm... perhaps not! Some things are better if you just "leave it be"...

Looking forward to your captures!:thumbup:

kdphotography

Nothing but fog in Carmel/Monterey.

It used to be great to see the fireworks in the sky with the Monterey Bay as the backdrop, boats in silhouette....they stopped doing the fireworks years ago :loco:

dave.gt

Nothing but fog in Carmel/Monterey.

It used to be great to see the fireworks in the sky with the Monterey Bay as the backdrop, boats in silhouette....they stopped doing the fireworks years ago :loco:
Really? That is sad... :(I bet that was very cool!