The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XH lens adapter

cerett

While I am waiting for my X1Dll, I was wondering how well the XH adapter works in terms of IQ? I have the HCD 28 and 35-90mm lenses. Also, the HC 50mmll. These are older lenses and I know autofocus is an issue, but I am much more interested in IQ. The market for these H lenses seems to be poor (certainly in terms of price) and I also need to keep one or two lenses for my existing H6 camera. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

fotophil

I find that the combination of the 35-90mm Zoom Lens on my X1D to be very heavy and limited to tripod use. My 35-90mm is a late model of the old 1/800 shutter and does work well with AF which is very convenient. Lens quality seems O:K a t f/8-11 but not as good as the wonderful XCD Primes. The new XCD 35-70mm Zoom probably will be better than the 35-90mm and certainly is lighter weight.
I don't use my 28mm H Lens since getting the XCD 30mm Lens -28mm is O:K quality but the 30m is much more fum to use and doesn't need those huge 95mm Filters!

SrMphoto

While I am waiting for my X1Dll, I was wondering how well the XH adapter works in terms of IQ? I have the HCD 28 and 35-90mm lenses. Also, the HC 50mmll. These are older lenses and I know autofocus is an issue, but I am much more interested in IQ. The market for these H lenses seems to be poor (certainly in terms of price) and I also need to keep one or two lenses for my existing H6 camera. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
There is no degradation in image quality when using the XH adapter, AFAICT.

hcubell

I have the HC 50mm II lens, and it is one of the best HC lenses ever made. It will stand up to the XCD 45mm lens. Same with the 120mm II Macro. The 150mm, 210mm and 300mm are also very good. However the XCD 120mm and the 135mm are exceptional lenses.

Boinger

There is no optical element in the XH adapter.

All it does is correct the flange distance for the H lenses.

Therefor whatever your quality was with the lens before it should be the same.