The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid Knobs

hcubell

One of the knobs on my Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid that controls one of the geared movements keeps falling off. I can't tell if there is a screw inside the little hole on the knob that is still there and just needs to tightened, or if the screw is missing altogether. Does anyone know what kind of tool is used to tighten down the knob? If the screw is missing, I assume I will need to contact Arca Swiss in the US for a replacement screw, but I will still need an appropriate tool to tighten the screw. I have a feeling I am not the first one with this issue.
Thanks.

dchew

I have a bunch of spare parts, including the whole top assembly. I will look and send you photos tomorrow. You are welcome to whatever you need.

Dave

Shashin

I have a bunch of spare parts, including the whole top assembly. I will look and send you photos tomorrow. You are welcome to whatever you need.

Dave
Dave, where'd you get the spare parts? (You know we are never going to let you live that down.) :toocool::ROTFL:

dchew

Howard,

There is a small setscrew on the barrel:

D6DEDD1C-F869-474B-A2C5-80E0C8025C66.jpeg

Do you still have that setscrew installed? The problem is, I've tried three hex keys and none of them fit: 1.5mm (too small), 2mm (too big), 1/16" (too big). It is possible that my 1.5mm tool is not well made and is just not the right size. I have to find another tool to try.

Edit: found my old Alpa toolkit with the small hex keys. Sure enough, that 1.5mm key fits perfectly.
Dave

RodK

Howard,

There is a small setscrew on the barrel:

View attachment 142967

Do you still have that setscrew installed? The problem is, I've tried three hex keys and none of them fit: 1.5mm (too small), 2mm (too big), 1/16" (too big). It is possible that my 1.5mm tool is not well made and is just not the right size. I have to find another tool to try.

Edit: found my old Alpa toolkit with the small hex keys. Sure enough, that 1.5mm key fits perfectly.
Dave
The 1.5 is the correct one. But these are very small and sometimes, as you surmised, not good quality. I use a Milwaukee brand driver with tips I got at Ace hardware. The sell the tips from a Company called Isomax. Also, as they are so small, they wear out sooner than larger sizes.

Be careful of over tightening. Sorry for the issue, though.
Hope this helps.
Rod

hcubell

Thanks, Dave and Rod. I think the set screw is still there, but I have not had a chance yet to pickup a 1.5mm hex driver. As soon as I return home, I will pick one up. I am also going to order a couple of extra knobs from Precision Camera when I send my P0 in to have a RRS clamp installed.