The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stunning Hasselblad Images of Spsce Shuttle Launches!

PedroL

Only a minute to post this, but I wanted to share a very interesting article about the photographer who shot the Space Shuttle launches, with Hasselblad cameras.

What could he have done with a CFV back?:)

The images are amazing in this article:

https://www.hasselblad.com/stories/john-a-chakeres-nasa-shuttles-500-elm/
Quite amazing, to do that with film. Way to go HASSELBLAD! And home made triggers...

I do not know, what could have CFV back result be, but I shot STS-133 SS Discovery before last launch on March 14th 2011 late at night. Lift off was March 15th.
I believe I used H3DII 39 or H4D 50 - CCD, 250mm HC lens, shot as panorama 3 rows, 4 images/row using Seitz Roundshot VR Drive II. Space shuttle was lit with very powerful lights and this picture shows the amazing quality of CCD sensor. Please do not forget, it was 2011...
I still use 50 mp CCD in my studio with H4D 200MS.
Final size of cropped image is 31,000 x 22,000 pixels, just shy of 2Gb.
If interested, I gladly send you full size image for your perusal.

Enjoy, Peter

Attachments