The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hasselblad Special Edition!!!

danlindberg

Love it too!! My original 500 CM has the somewhat unusual trim in all black. Perfect fit. AND, can you guys 'see' it mounted on the ALPA 12 PLUS!? Beautiful.

Want, want, want :thumbs:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Love it too!! My original 500 CM has the somewhat unusual trim in all black. Perfect fit. AND, can you guys 'see' it mounted on the ALPA 12 PLUS!? Beautiful.

Want, want, want :thumbs:
I have set a preorder for the chrome style set , just an hour ago . All my Hasselblads are in chrome finish and therefore I do not want to mix styles .

But , I do not know which lens to get . The 21mm or the 30mm . I just can't make up my mind .
And my ALPA 12 PLUS is also impatiently waiting for the back .
BTW , Dante has helped a lot . :ROTFL:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
b&H preorder open ...I already ordered :ROTFL:
I wrote to B&H and Hasselblad at the announcement asking when preorders would open. B&H answered, and I did. I probably have until December to regret my impetuosity, so no harm done :cool:.

Hasselblad answered just now saying "they'd get back to me". :poke:

Matt

Godfrey

Looking at the HASSELBLAD ONLINE STORE , you will find , that the special set in black is SOLD OUT .
Not knowing how many will be produced . :banghead::banghead::banghead:
If you read carefully, the listing at hasselblad.com says availability and ordering info will be available soon or in the near future. I believe the store's buy button simply says SOLD OUT because it's not available to order as yet.

G

baudolino

I believe the store's buy button simply says SOLD OUT because it's not available to order as yet.G
Of course it makes more sense to say “sold out” instead of “pre-order now” or “coming soon”, right?. Swedish sense of humor or high level skills in internet marketing. No, not for Hasselblad to be clear on anything, better to keep customers guessing and speculating endlessly - after all, it keeps the company’s online presence alive and buzzing, which is the entire point nowadays, no?
By the way, the Phocus Mobile software available for download on the Appstore says in the notes that it is version 2.3.2. but is not described in the title / description as Phocus Mobile 2. Can somebody confirm that it is indeed the Phocus Mobile 2 that is being advertised as allowing tethering to iPad with the X1D Mk II, instead of just version 2.3.2 of the original/old Phocus Mobile?

DSemick

All of us Dealers had to scramble to get our websites updated because we didn't get any assets until yesterday morning.... Unnecessary craziness.

We're expecting delivery of our first units in December with the "normal" edition being released after the first of the year. Hasselblad hasn't been able to tell us how many of these SE kits are being offered.

mristuccia

Could someone of you be so kind and explain to me how a big announcement on a great day (18 July 2019, 50° anniversary of the landing on the Moon) turned out to nothing until December 2019? What did HB celebrate? A post on Instagram and on their web site? :)

I know I know, anticipation is everything today. That's the reason why supermarkets start selling Christmas's stuff in August. Shouldn't HB do the same? :)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Could someone of you be so kind and explain to me how a big announcement on a great day (18 July 2019, 50° anniversary of the landing on the Moon) turned out to nothing until December 2019? What did HB celebrate? A post on Instagram and on their web site? :)

I know I know, anticipation is everything today. That's the reason why supermarkets start selling Christmas's stuff in August. Shouldn't HB do the same? :)
Hasselblad says nothing: They're not communicating with their customers. They must be on the verge of death. Look how Fuji tells us what they're doing. Yay Fuji.

Hasselblad announces future product: Why are they announcing vaporware? Don't they have the ability to deliver? They should announce only when they're ready to ship.

:facesmack:

MrSmith

"They must be on the verge of death.”

i thought i had wondered into DPReview comments section for a moment.:ROTFL:
what makes you think they are moments away from insolvency/liquidation/closing down?

SrMphoto

Hasselblad says nothing: They're not communicating with their customers. They must be on the verge of death. Look how Fuji tells us what they're doing. Yay Fuji.

Hasselblad announces future product: Why are they announcing vaporware? Don't they have the ability to deliver? They should announce only when they're ready to ship.

:facesmack:
Everybody announces future products before they can ship. Hasselblad's management claim that they learned the lesson and will not commit to shipping date unless they can ship. We'll see, I am hopeful.

In the meantime, Fuji is not able to ship their GFX100-s; only a few are out in the wild, the dealers are in the dark. Leica is also unable to ship enough of their Q2-s, neither.

With widespread GAS infection, the camera manufacturers have a hard job to meet the demand.

In the meantime, Fuji is not able to ship their GFX100-s; only a few are out in the wild, the dealers are in the dark. Leica is also unable to ship enough of their Q2-s, neither.
Didn't Leica announce a new 64MP S series body a while back. I haven't heard anything recently.