The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hasselblad Special Edition!!!

edouard

"limited 907X Special Edition, which includes the 907X camera body and CFV II 50C digital back, both in matte black" ...

"has an MSRP of € 6500 / $ 7499 / £ 5825 excl. VAT." ...

(the "regular" edition is probably cheaper - like with x1d black vs x1d ...)

JeRuFo

Looks good, though the standard one looks nice and classic as well with the chromed edges.
I am quite curious to see what it is like to shoot from the hip. If you need the handgrip to shoot it away from the tripod it makes a lot less sense to me, then I'd rather have the evf included and the (probably) better sealing.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Looking at the HASSELBLAD ONLINE STORE , you will find , that the special set in black is SOLD OUT .
Not knowing how many will be produced . :banghead::banghead::banghead:

richardman

We don't know what the standard edition cost is yet, but it certainly makes the doom and gloom "they will sell it for $15K" predictions sound pretty silly.

darr

I want one in chrome! ❤

The black is nice and I usually purchase cameras in black except for my Hassys.
Especially nice to see focus peaking. I have absolutely no problem focusing my SK lenses with my CFV-50c (actually pretty fast at it), but the V lenses are a different story.

:clap:

Kind regards,
Darr

jng

I want one in chrome! ❤

The black is nice and I usually purchase cameras in black except for my Hassys.

:clap:

Kind regards,
Darr
Looks good, though the standard one looks nice and classic as well with the chromed edges.
I am quite curious to see what it is like to shoot from the hip. If you need the handgrip to shoot it away from the tripod it makes a lot less sense to me, then I'd rather have the evf included and the (probably) better sealing.
I confess that I fell for the beautiful X1D 4116 edition, but have always been partial to the chrome-trimmed V bodies (since before they were referred to as V system cameras) so maybe I'll escape the full effect of Dante's influence this time around. Although I must also confess that my first, second and third reaction to seeing the 907X/CFVII special edition was "hubba hubba."

Way back in the day, I would stabilize my 500C by holding it taut against the strap around my neck. Presumably this would work as well with the 907X/CFVII?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
X1D II is announced - nah, I'm happy with the current model.

907X+CFV II is announced - no need, I'll put photo funds into filling out my SL lenses. I inherited a 500CM and never loved the handling. Chrome yields distracting specular highlights.

907X Special Edition announced - MUST PREORDER RIGHT NOW!

We are simple creatures, at least I am...

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
X1D II is announced - nah, I'm happy with the current model.

907X+CFV II is announced - no need, I'll put photo funds into filling out my SL lenses. I inherited a 500CM and never loved the handling. Chrome yields distracting specular highlights.

907X Special Edition announced - MUST PREORDER RIGHT NOW!

We are simple creatures, at least I am...
b&H preorder open ...I already ordered :ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Dante says to me ... :thumbs: Now I could be tempted by this ahead of a Fuji GFX100. Irrational insanity I know.

vieri

The Special Edition is beautiful, and for to reasons: first, it just IS beautiful, and I would definitely love to have one! Second, if the SE comes with a 6500 euro plus VAT price, including the 907x, I think my previsions regarding price for the regular edition can prove quite accurate, which is great news. 5000 euro (or less!) for the back, and 1000 euro (or less!) for the 907x, plus VAT. That would make for a very, very appealing price point :)

Best regards,

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Vieri
The SE price is 7800€ at the HASSELBLAD STORE . That is the price without the lens .
That price should include the V.A.T. I am not sure .